Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 1736 1737 1738 ... 22717 22718 22719
By slipispsycho 2011-08-23 01:20:05  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Psycho Slip said: »

I've made probably 200 pizzas over the past few years =P
Okay, then nevermind.. Do you have any tips for me? D:

Get good yeast (I'm spoiled because a food co-op about an hour away carries amazing yeast), knead it for about 15 minutes to get the dough really well worked and has consistency to it, put it in an oiled bowl and let it rise in a warm place for probably 30-45 mins, beat it down, work it out, and there ya go. Add stuff to it, stuff the crust with cheese, w/e you want.

Herp, let the yeast ferment (right word I believe) in warm water with oil and sugar for 15 minutes in a warm place before adding it to your flour.
That's the stuff I do now.. It's not ferment btw, it's proof, or so I've read <.< But yeah, after like 5 mins I'm sick of kneading it, but I know I have to keep going if I expect good results.. I try to use the flour sparingly, but when it starts to stick to me or the work surface I have to put more on.. That's normal, right? I dunno if there's some trick I'm missing, or if you just have to reflour it ever 5 or so kneads..
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-23 01:20:09  

Om nom nom
not turkey >:
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-23 01:20:44  
Ok, I'm going to make a turkey sammich now.

Om nom nom

Are we going to sammich this place up again?
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-23 01:21:35  
http://www.four-h.purdue.edu/foods/Yeast%20dough.htm
I think this is a good read >:
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-23 01:22:00  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
They get sooo pissed off when they're competitive. It's cute. LOL!

I think I get madder ; -;
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-08-23 01:22:57  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Ok, I'm going to make a turkey sammich now.

Om nom nom

Are we going to sammich this place up again?

speaking of,
i havent seen sammitch in a while
 Leviathan.Narshe
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-08-23 01:22:57  

for the bacon lovers here :P
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-08-23 01:25:11  
I LOVE bacon but that sammich looks kinda gross....
By slipispsycho 2011-08-23 01:25:31  
Leviathan.Narshe said: »

MMMMMMMmmmmMM! That is one delicious looking heart attack.. Although you can remove the bread..

And bring me some maple syrup... I LOVE dipping my bacon in maple syrup.. It's something I developed at a local diner.. I used to put ketchup on the toast too, but that one wore off.. I still love dipping bacon in syrup..

Another weird thing I like, is putting butter/jelly on my biscuits and then slapping a sausage patty in between them... They can't be those cheap *** almost english muffin like biscuits though.. They have to be those buttermilk, fall into crumble biscuits.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-23 01:28:56  

EDIT: Sleep! I need sleep!
[+]
 Leviathan.Narshe
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-08-23 01:30:07  
Another weird thing I like, is putting butter/jelly on my biscuits and then slapping a sausage patty in between them...
Sounds dirty <.< /guttermind
By slipispsycho 2011-08-23 01:30:44  
Another weird thing I like, is putting butter/jelly on my biscuits and then slapping a sausage patty in between them...
Sounds dirty <.< /guttermind
I lol'd.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-23 01:32:04  
Hurr hurr sausage.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-08-23 01:33:36  
[img
MMMMMMMmmmmMM! That is one delicious looking heart attack.. Although you can remove the bread..

And bring me some maple syrup... I LOVE dipping my bacon in maple syrup.. It's something I developed at a local diner.. I used to put ketchup on the toast too, but that one wore off.. I still love dipping bacon in syrup..

Another weird thing I like, is putting butter/jelly on my biscuits and then slapping a sausage patty in between them... They can't be those cheap *** almost english muffin like biscuits though.. They have to be those buttermilk, fall into crumble biscuits.

omg bacon and syrup is amazing, i also like to mix my bacon and (scrambled) eggs with sausage/flour gravy its delicious. i also like to put mayo in my mashed potatoes sometimes for a little kick
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-23 01:34:29  

Get good yeast (I'm spoiled because a food co-op about an hour away carries amazing yeast), knead it for about 15 minutes to get the dough really well worked and has consistency to it, put it in an oiled bowl and let it rise in a warm place for probably 30-45 mins, beat it down, work it out, and there ya go. Add stuff to it, stuff the crust with cheese, w/e you want.

Herp, let the yeast ferment (right word I believe) in warm water with oil and sugar for 15 minutes in a warm place before adding it to your flour.
That's the stuff I do now.. It's not ferment btw, it's proof, or so I've read <.< But yeah, after like 5 mins I'm sick of kneading it, but I know I have to keep going if I expect good results.. I try to use the flour sparingly, but when it starts to stick to me or the work surface I have to put more on.. That's normal, right? I dunno if there's some trick I'm missing, or if you just have to reflour it ever 5 or so kneads..

sounds like you may be adding too much flour. Kneading it for awhile really helps with consistency and you need to get it to a certain point where it feels right, you can worth with it with mildly floured hands.

Hard to describe.
 Leviathan.Narshe
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-08-23 01:36:12  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Hurr hurr sausage.
/sits on
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-08-23 01:36:17  

sounds like you may be adding too much flour. Kneading it for awhile really helps with consistency and you need to get it to a certain point where it feels right, you can worth with it with mildly floured hands.

Hard to describe.
i'm kidnapping you too
[+]
By slipispsycho 2011-08-23 01:41:37  
I've seen videos, I don't sprinkle as much flour as the videos show.. I start off liberal, when I first start kneading it after letting it rise (and punching it down) just to get a nice coating on it, and that's okay for awhile, then after that I just sprinkle on enough to make it not stick (when I say stick I don't mean resistance, I mean if I don't peel it slowly away, it rips, or parts of it will be left behind completely) I'd say when I resprinkle I use a 1/4 tsp at absolute max..

The dough came out still light and fluffy, but it's a pain the *** to knead it.. I'm afraid of adding more than I do at one time, because I've worked with dough (for breads/crackers and such) plenty of times, it always seems if I add liberal amounts that I still need to keep adding it just as frequently, only there's substantially more by the end product, and as such the dough suffers from being tough and overly chewy.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-23 01:41:57  
T__T

Not again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Narshe
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-08-23 01:43:28  
speaking of sitting.. whats the "old mithra sit"? people in my shell were talking about it but I had no idea >_> I assume its something skanky though

Edit: nvm just googled it..
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-23 01:45:40  
I've seen videos, I don't sprinkle as much flour as the videos show.. I start off liberal, when I first start kneading it after letting it rise (and punching it down) just to get a nice coating on it, and that's okay for awhile, then after that I just sprinkle on enough to make it not stick (when I say stick I don't mean resistance, I mean if I don't peel it slowly away, it rips, or parts of it will be left behind completely) I'd say when I resprinkle I use a 1/4 tsp at absolute max..

The dough came out still light and fluffy, but it's a pain the *** to knead it.. I'm afraid of adding more than I do at one time, because I've worked with dough (for breads/crackers and such) plenty of times, it always seems if I add liberal amounts that I still need to keep adding it just as frequently, only there's substantially more by the end product, and as such the dough suffers from being tough and overly chewy.

After you've let it rise after kneading it, you shouldn't need to add more flour or knead it.

Before, the dough usually won't take excess amounts of flour.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-23 01:47:42  
I finally got around to seeing Final Destination 5. I guess I'll give my thoughts about a couple things though.

BELOW IS TEXT THAT MAY OR MAY NOT SPOIL FINAL DESTINATION 5. Spoiler tags for actual spoilers? BLASPHEMY!
By Artemicion 2011-08-23 01:49:12  
Bismarck.Eburo said: »
I finally got around to seeing Final Destination 5. I guess I'll give my thoughts about a couple things though.

BELOW IS TEXT THAT MAY OR MAY NOT SPOIL FINAL DESTINATION 5. Spoiler tags for actual spoilers? BLASPHEMY!

I preferred the second one out of all of them.
The only movie to make me think twice about getting on the highway.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-23 01:50:47  
This movie made me scared of bridges and airplanes again. >_>

Two things I've always been afraid of, lol. (I'm afraid of heights, ironic seeing that I'm 6'7")
By slipispsycho 2011-08-23 01:52:03  
Oh! I missed that.. You knead it before rising.. <.< Well hell, I've been doing it wrong, and the stuff still turned out great.. Can't wait to see what it's like when it's done right. Still dunno how I mis-read the guide, but I double checked and I have. Although, guide says that after rising and punching down to let it set in a fridge for an hour (or over night if possible) and it still rises back, so that's probably why it didn't come out horrible..
By Artemicion 2011-08-23 01:56:12  
Should I finish off Warrior on my Galka first, or take on Corsair with my Mithra?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-08-23 01:57:25  
Galka, there aren't enough in the world.
By Artemicion 2011-08-23 01:59:40  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Galka, there aren't enough in the world.

I saw that summoner solo thing and I got really excited at what I could do with Evoker's Roll and Puppet Roll up at all times :x
By slipispsycho 2011-08-23 02:00:10  
Bismarck.Eburo said: »

I thought the whole movie was *** =/..

Also, I want this series to explain what Candyman's role in all of this is already.. He'd seen it before but:
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-23 02:02:20  
Well there was one moment that actually made me jump, because I'm too trusting, lol...
First Page 2 3 ... 1736 1737 1738 ... 22717 22718 22719