Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16796 16797 16798 ... 22710 22711 22712
By Bloodrose 2015-03-20 12:22:33  
FFXI was, and still is, a unique gaming experience, both by itself, and as an MMO.

Nothing I've seen or heard of, including FFXIV, is even remotely close to it.

It wasn't just a game, and there were quite a few gaming magazines that published it as almost an entirely immersive way of life (even for playing casually). While still being a world of fantasy, it still had real world elements and components to it that could, and did blur the lines between reality and the virtual.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-20 12:23:41  
I like 14 but there's nothing else like 11 out there
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 12:25:19  
In all probability, I'll move onto XIV when I'm done with XI, but it will be a very vicarious and casual experience for me. Similar to dating a girl that reminds you of the ex you can't get over lol.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-20 12:26:56  
Artemicion said: »
In all probability, I'll move onto XIV when I'm done with XI, but it will be a very vicarious and casual experience for me. Similar to dating a girl that reminds you of the ex you can't get over lol.
Don't make it weird.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-03-20 12:27:24  

Dating her younger and prettier sister? LOL
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 12:27:38  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Don't make it weird.

Best example I could think of at the time heh. Not the best analogy, but it'll do.
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 12:28:11  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »

Dating her younger and prettier sister? LOL

Aye, but less wholesome and experienced, while being a lot more naive and obnoxious :P
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-20 12:30:29  
Bloodrose said: »
FFXI was, and still is, a unique gaming experience, both by itself, and as an MMO.

It wasn't just a game, and there were quite a few gaming magazines that published it as almost an entirely immersive way of life (even for playing casually). While still being a world of fantasy, it still had real world elements and components to it that could, and did blur the lines between reality and the virtual.
It really was unique, and the immersion that it brought kinda saved me from myself more times than I can count.

I gotta say the immersion FFXI brought me is probably the exact reason why I have such a huge connection and want for a VR game like we see in .//hack or SAO.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-03-20 12:31:54  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

It really was unique, and the immersion that it brought kinda saved me from myself more times than I can count.

I gotta say the immersion FFXI brought me is probably the exact reason why I have such a huge connection and want for a VR game like we see in .//hack or SAO.

That is cool, and all, but that level of immersion seems to always end up with people dying in RL and stuff... >.>;;
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-20 12:33:04  

That is cool, and all, but that level of immersion seems to always end up with people dying in RL and stuff... >.>;;
I'm all for it!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-20 12:33:55  

I'm oddly okay with this!
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 12:34:31  
I think what Spath means is the little nuances that made the world much more of a living breathing one rather than a gameplay opportunistic one. Whether it was shops with inflated prices and holidays, or perhaps even having lofty goals that are achievable but require immense amounts of discipline, time and dedication.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-20 12:35:32  
If 14 turned into a log horizon type thing but people could die I know a few I'd go after immediately >.> Before they knew what was going on
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-20 12:42:53  
I don't feel like being mauled by a bear in that kind of game.

So I'd turn drac into a bearskin rug before he knew what was happening.
[+]
By Kittykite 2015-03-20 12:43:02  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
If 14 turned into a log horizon type thing but people could die I know a few I'd go after immediately >.> Before they knew what was going on
:| note to self...
If 14 turns into a log horizon type thing push Drac off a cliff.
<_< >_>

btw there should be an upgrade to CE when the expansion does come out right? because I don't see a digital download for PS4 and I don't want to spend $130 for the stupid statue that I don't want... and the other things :| just want the mount.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-20 12:44:14  
There should be an upgrade, yeah. They mentioned it
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-20 12:45:09  

15m t10+11
20m t12
30m t13

dat money doe
[+]
By Kittykite 2015-03-20 12:48:24  
They show there is one for PS4/3 but they don't have it as a sellable thing... so I guess I will buy the normal one then upgrade later...
I can't wait to change race like everyone else is going to so the Au Ra can take over Eorzea.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-20 12:48:31  
There was a lot that made it immersive to me as a game. Yes smaller things like shop holidays/stock and lofty goals were a part of that. But there's obviously more influences than just that, which often came from the way the community acted.

As much as I hate bringing up the age old topic, the grinding is part of what brought everything together...

Leveling, farming for gear, anything that sent you out into the world required you to meet and work with new people and that built camaraderie, which for me later built what is essentially a family now. Yes, newer MMOs do this but most of it is through instances, situations where you're constantly jumping in and out of different groups rather than staying with one for hours. On top of this instances often mean you're not stuck in a singular area for more than 45 mins and you're certainly not traveling through it as a living breathing area but rather as a scripted semi-linear path. 11's zones... they were an eco-system. You'd kill things and they'd be gone but eventually they came back so you weren't simply safe to go through that area later down the road(this is obviously ignoring things like NI, Salvage, or Dynamis) and while yes this exists in other games you often times weren't as forced to experience it as you were with 11.

Sometimes... I can't quite place what made everything in game feel natural. Often times I'll simply place everything on the fact I started the game at such a young age, that I played it for so long and integrated myself so far into it that I just can't imagine MMOs as they are now because they follow such different models. But... I also know that no matter how many games I try I can never quite make connections with people like I did in FFXI, because nothing these days forces groups on you quite like it did... The open worlds with their thousands of people, still just feel like they were just made for me to go it alone.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-20 12:50:17  
Kittykite said: »
They show there is one for PS4/3 but they don't have it as a sellable thing... so I guess I will buy the normal one then upgrade later...
I can't wait to change race like everyone else is going to so the Au Ra can take over Eorzea.

Just wait a while for them to put the CE on the mogstation
By Darkalenia 2015-03-20 12:52:38  
Just had a crazy thought.

Is it possible to replace the default Minecraft music with other music? Thought about replacing some of it with FFXI music. XD

The Promyvion theme would be extremely fitting for The End.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-20 12:54:28  
I saw this and instantly thought maybe I shouldn't have changed his rank to Embearess.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-20 12:56:16  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I saw this and instantly thought maybe I shouldn't have changed his rank to Embearess.
I saw this, and now I want to name my Emboar "Emboarass"
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 12:56:43  
Darkalenia said: »

Is it possible to replace the default Minecraft music with other music? Thought about replacing some of it with FFXI music. XD

This might help.

I can totally picture something like this playing in Minecraft.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-20 12:56:45  
Darkalenia said: »

The Promyvion theme would be extremely fitting for The End.
Very possible last I knew. Though you will have to convert the music to .ogg files.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-03-20 12:59:05  
I've asked this before but did not get a response after the conference. I'm ver curious on everyones thought on the current ffxi execonomy. Will alex and REM currencies price plummet or skyrocket like during the great xmas bubble. Not sure this is allowed, if not let me know and I will edit my post. Are the prices of rmt gil and accounts going down fast now? I'm predicting both will decrease all the way to november at which point there will be none to buy. Something to think about now if you are wanting to finish some last dream accomplishments.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-20 12:59:43  
Finally got my first 10k mini cac today

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP PROHOUSE
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 13:03:24  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
I've asked this before but did not get a response after the conference. I'm ver curious on everyones thought on the current ffxi execonomy. Will alex and REM currencies price plummet or skyrocket like during the great xmas bubble. Not sure this is allowed, if not let me know and I will edit my post. Are the prices of rmt gil and accounts going down fast now? I'm predicting both will decrease all the way to november at which point there will be none to buy. Something to think about now if you are wanting to finish some last dream accomplishments.

I'm actually expecting inflation since in all probability, subscribers will continue to diminish, and possibly at an accelerated rate with the announcements out, meaning there's a lower driving force for supply, and for those still around to demand them will likely pay top dollar for it. But that's just a guess.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 16796 16797 16798 ... 22710 22711 22712