Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16744 16745 16746 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-14 20:45:46  
By Fyyvoaa 2015-03-14 20:53:09  
Maybe i'll start my books for NIN...

that way I can do a few of them, decide to level another job and get that relic and start this ***ALLLLLL OVER AGAAAAAAAAAAAAIN :D
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-14 21:11:08  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I've had nightmares where I was trapped like that :(
By Bloodrose 2015-03-14 21:12:10  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I've had nightmares where I was trapped like that :(
And thus, the scattered memories of an unsung hero came to light, as he became the Climate Crusader!
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-14 21:37:02  
Fun times.

Join Aurum Vale group. Hilarity inside:
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-03-14 21:37:37  
Because your life is totally worth telling the town of Akron, Ohio that Los Locos kicks your balls into outah spaaaaaaace!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-14 21:42:52  
Aurum Vale is a large part of why I don't feel like finishing my relic quest. Blah.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-14 21:43:01  
I'm not sure if that's funny, or just sad and pathetic on the part of the drg and sch.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-14 21:44:25  
It's the low level dungeons, (and subsequently the low quality 'high tier') players that make me not want to finish my Yoshimitsu books
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-14 21:45:41  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Aurum Vale is a large part of why I don't feel like finishing my relic quest. Blah.
I had to do Aurum Vale today for a book. >.> It actually wasn't that bad but I still hated it because I like to *** about stuff I do for fun.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-14 21:46:22  
Meh It was the first bad group I've gotten so far on my Zodiac items. 1 bad in 29 runs I think is ok.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-14 21:49:25  
This morning I did the remaining HM dungeons I needed to unlock Roulette Hard, Brayflox, Copperbell, Haukke, Halatali. In doing these I build up Soldiery to get my next book, I look at dungeons...

Sastasha (Normal), Aurum Vale, Halatali (Hard). U wot m8? I didn't really mind Halatali HM, it was just the fact that I had literally JUST ran it to get the book so I could run it for the book. >.>

EDIT: Also, I always get Keeper of The Lake in EX Roulette, usually with people who get to the last boss and suddenly forget how to dodge ***. If I out dodge you, something is horribly wrong.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-14 21:51:12  
I don't think I remember having a bad group specifically for my sphairai, but that's probably because I've seen some truly terrible people in the CT series of dungeons lately.

I'm sure some were pretty bad, but hard to top a whm auto-running into ever boss fight, or a tank pulling the Bone Dragon all the way to the very back *and* pulling 3-4 Platinals with him, then wondering why the entire alliance wiped.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-14 21:51:49  
Zepher Link in LS/FC was kicked like 6-7 times and kept rejoining the same Labyrinth run, it was so god damn funny
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-14 21:54:35  
Anna Ruthven said: »
This morning I did the remaining HM dungeons I needed to unlock Roulette Hard, Brayflox, Copperbell, Haukke, Halatali. In doing these I build up Soldiery to get my next book, I look at dungeons...

Sastasha (Normal), Aurum Vale, Halatali (Hard). U wot m8? I didn't really mind Halatali HM, it was just the fact that I had literally JUST ran it to get the book so I could run it for the book. >.>

EDIT: Also, I always get Keeper of The Lake in EX Roulette, usually with people who get to the last boss and suddenly forget how to dodge ***. If I out dodge you, something is horribly wrong.

I love the Keeper of the Lake/Agrius dungeon, but what annoys me most, is in the last stretch between second, and last boss, is that suddenly people who've run it dozens of times, forget to make use of the Magitech Flyer, which can bombard large groups of enemies for about 1500 damage each.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-14 21:58:51  
I'll be honest I don't know how the first boss in there works.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-14 21:59:07  
Bloodrose said: »

I love the Keeper of the Lake/Agrius dungeon, but what annoys me most, is in the last stretch between second, and last boss, is that suddenly people who've run it dozens of times, forget to make use of the Magitech Flyer, which can bombard large groups of enemies for about 1500 damage each.
Haven't run into that yet, it's usually last boss.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-14 22:01:43  
Eh, I see the occasional derp who forgets how to dodge on the last boss, but more often than not, I see new people who aren't familiar with the dungeon mechanics and boss AI yet, so I can give most of them a free pass. But only 1 free pass.

I've seen a ninja get the boot before because he couldn't dodge ***the entire dungeon, and caused a wipe on the last boss twice. Needless to say, we got a better DD and put Midgardsormr in his place.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-14 22:07:51  
Eh, I see the occasional derp who forgets how to dodge on the last boss, but more often than not, I see new people who aren't familiar with the dungeon mechanics and boss AI yet, so I can give most of them a free pass. But only 1 free pass.

I've seen a ninja get the boot before because he couldn't dodge ***the entire dungeon, and caused a wipe on the last boss twice. Needless to say, we got a better DD and put Midgardsormr in his place.
I'll admit, I'm terrible at remembering enemy attack patterns but I learned to dodge his attacks the first time I tried. It really isn't that hard, it's just that EVERYONE needs to be able to do it. The issue comes when someone dies. If you're going to die once, you're likely to die again when invulnerability wears off and on the second death I won't have Swiftcast. It's a Light Party dungeon and we need those two DPS and we need them to know to kill the bird and activate the shield. >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-03-14 22:09:28  
I think the whole dodging thing was the most tedious part of FFXIV. I wish the game had more strategy like in FFXI.

/curmudgeon
By Bloodrose 2015-03-14 22:09:50  

I'll admit, I'm terrible at remembering enemy attack patterns but I learned to dodge his attacks the first time I tried. It really isn't that hard, it's just that EVERYONE needs to be able to do it. The issue comes when someone dies. If you're going to die once, you're likely to die again when invulnerability wears off and on the second death I won't have Swiftcast. It's a Light Party dungeon and we need those two DPS and we need them to know to kill the bird and activate the shield. >.>
Yep, well to be honest, this ninja ended up dying multiple times in each boss fight. And from normal enemies.

It was just horrific how a 110+ player could be so bad. At everything. Warrior didn't even bother asking for Goad because the ninja would be dead when he needed it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-14 22:10:44  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I think the whole dodging thing was the most tedious part of FFXIV. I wish the game had more strategy like in FFXI.

/curmudgeon

Nothing like stunlocking the boss so he can't do ***or just zerging him down so fast that only gets a few moves off
By Bloodrose 2015-03-14 22:11:46  

/curmudgeon

Nothing like stunlocking the boss so he can't do ***or just zerging him down so fast that only gets a few moves off
You can't repel a strategy of that magnitude!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-14 22:15:27  
I did that one for the first time earlier this week and I found it really hard to die at all. /shrug
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-03-14 22:16:33  
It's better than cycling through a list of moves over and over again while avoiding red spots on the ground.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-14 22:17:41  
>_> You don't cycle through a bunch of moves in FFXI? I WAS PLAYING IT WRONG ALL THAT TIME?!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-14 22:18:37  
I'd rather have the dodge stuff. I remember in XI, PLD would hold a mob, take all the attacks, BLM or DRK would stun the AoEs, DPS sat, mashing macros. In XIV, a PLD or WAR (because WAR was done right this time) can hold a mob but you still have to dodge stuff. It keeps you on your toes.

I miss EXP parties though.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-14 22:20:08  
I'd rather have the dodge stuff. I remember in XI, PLD would hold a mob, take all the attacks, BLM or DRK would stun the AoEs, DPS sat, mashing macros. In XIV, a PLD or WAR (because WAR was done right this time) can hold a mob but you still have to dodge stuff. It keeps you on your toes.

I miss EXP parties though.
I missed exp parties too. I went back to FFXI and there are none anymore. It's mostly just soloing, multi-boxing, or leeching off soloing players.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-14 22:22:41  
It's better than cycling through a list of moves over and over again while avoiding red spots on the ground.

In 14 you have to do certain mechanics right or you die, in 11 you just stun most things and zerg it

Not to mention you can recover by kiting and raising if necessary, in 14 you're pretty *** so you have to pay attention (depending on the fight of course)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-14 23:08:11  
First Page 2 3 ... 16744 16745 16746 ... 22706 22707 22708