Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15572 15573 15574 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-07 11:46:46  
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 12:10:21  
OH

MY

GOD GUNDAM
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-07 12:11:32  
Leon~

What's the biggest and coolest and hardest gundam model to assemble/paint?
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 12:18:52  
volkom said: »
Leon~

The 1/1 scale RX-78-2 in Tokyo. :I
But seriously, I'd guess one of the 1/60 Perfect Grade kits. Dunno which one. PG Unicorn is coming out in December though, and with all the moving parts it normally has, plus whatever maintenance hatches and extra detail they add to it, it'll probably be the most complicated PG. Barring that, the PG Strike is one I see frequently, and it looks pretty awesome.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-07 12:20:34  
Leon Kasai said: »
Leon~

But seriously, I'd guess one of the 1/60 Perfect Grade kits. Dunno which one. PG Unicorn is coming out in December though, and with all the moving parts it normally has, plus whatever maintenance hatches and extra detail they add to it, it'll probably be the most complicated PG. Barring that, the PG Strike is one I see frequently, and it looks pretty awesome.
is there a list of perfect grade kits somewhere?
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-07 12:21:13  
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 12:26:08  
Leon~

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Grade
And Dalong has reviews of all of them.
http://dalong.net/review/pg.htm
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-07 12:32:34  
Now I know why the biology book costed so much, this thing weighs more than me.

(still a stupid price though)
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-10-07 12:46:12  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Now I know why the biology book costed so much, this thing weighs more than me.

(still a stupid price though)
If a biology book weighs more then you, you need to eat more. Seriously go have a steak with some fries!
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 13:06:45  
Ah ***. I broke down and preordered the HG Build Burning Gundam.
Now do I preorder the HG Crossbone X-1 too, or do I wait and see if there'll be an X-2 Kai or X-1 Full Cloth..? ._.;
By volkom 2014-10-07 13:17:00  
Leon~

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Grade
And Dalong has reviews of all of them.
http://dalong.net/review/pg.htm

Think i'll check with a local toystore I know and see if they have any perfect grade kits~
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-10-07 13:17:26  
Told myself I'm gonna start eating healthy and get back to losing weight again. Was really good yesterday, until the wife was like alcohol and pumpkin pie! Even then only like 300 calories over my 1800 on workout days. Pumpkin pie is shockingly easy to cheat with when you skip the crust, it was the alcohol that were empty calories.

Had a protein shake for breakfast and brought one for before bed tonight at work. Just did chipotle for lunch, according to their nutrition calculator only 730 calories for the bowl which is lunch and dinner (why I go there so much). So brings me to 1250ish for the day, well below my 1600 and hitting low carbs with high protein from chicken and no tortilla.

Rawr, gotta get my motivation back and hit below 200 pounds for the first time since junior high.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-10-07 13:19:32  
Fenrir.Weakness said: »
Told myself I'm gonna start eating healthy and get back to losing weight again. Was really good yesterday, until the wife was like alcohol and pumpkin pie! Even then only like 300 calories over my 1800 on workout days. Pumpkin pie is shockingly easy to cheat with when you skip the crust, it was the alcohol that were empty calories.

Had a protein shake for breakfast and brought one for before bed tonight at work. Just did chipotle for lunch, according to their nutrition calculator only 730 calories for the bowl which is lunch and dinner (why I go there so much). So brings me to 1250ish for the day, well below my 1600 and hitting low carbs with high protein from chicken and no tortilla.

Rawr, gotta get my motivation back and hit below 200 pounds for the first time since junior high.
I find Atkinsish dieting works well. It can just get boring after awhile.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-07 13:29:07  
Now do I preorder the HG Crossbone X-1 too, or do I wait and see if there'll be an X-2 Kai or X-1 Full Cloth..? ._.;
all of them!
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 13:32:57  
Think i'll check with a local toystore I know and see if they have any perfect grade kits~
If PG are too expensive (they're $100~$200 each depending on the kit), modern 1/100 Master Grades are pretty great. Bigger selection to choose from too.

Bismarck.Misao said: »
all of them!
I'm running out of space to display my kits as it is. ; ;
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-10-07 13:40:06  
If PG are too expensive (they're $100~$200 each depending on the kit), modern 1/100 Master Grades are pretty great. Bigger selection to choose from too.

all of them!
I'm running out of space to keep my kits as it is. ; ;
Questions:
How are these kits made, Are they glued or snapped together?
Are the pieces painted or do you have to paint them yourself?

My old man has been looking for Mech Warrior models to build and coming up empty wondering if these might make a decent replacement.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-07 13:48:03  
example on how to build em
this is a 1/60 kit
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 13:51:04  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Questions:
How are these kits made, Are they glued or snapped together?
Are the pieces painted or do you have to paint them yourself?

My old man has been looking for Mech Warrior models to build and coming up empty wondering if these might make a decent replacement.
Depends on the age of the kit. Modern ones are snap-fit, but some of the older Perfect Grades have a few screws and the really old kits (pre-90's and even some 90's) need a hell of a lot of work to look even half decent.
The pieces come molded in colour, but the amount of seperation varies based on design and age of the kit. Perfect Grade, Real Grade and modern Master Grade are pretty much entirely colour accurate out of the box, with decals for things like squad markings and warning signs. High Grades all require painting or stickers to be entirely accurate due to certain parts being too small to mold in a seperate colour on such a simple kit.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-07 13:58:01  
for a starter kit, id try a 1/100 HG since they can run for $20-$40 ish and look damn nice.
also, id recommend to pick a newer kit over an old one (kit age, not model) since you would have more issues with the aged plastic, it would be weaker etc.

they look good once assembled, and there are many options that can make them shine more with out paint.

size chart (?)
[+]
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2014-10-07 14:04:39  
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 14:04:58  
Example of what I mean by quality varying by age:
1/144 HG God Gundam from 1994-ish on the right.
1/144 HG God Gundam from 2010 on the left.
Both straight out of the box builds.

for a starter kit, id try a 1/100 HG since they can run for $20-$40 ish and look damn nice.
also, id recommend to pick a newer kit over an old one (kit age, not model) since you would have more issues with the aged plastic, it would be weaker etc.

they look good once assembled, and there are many options that can make them shine more with out paint.
Ehhh, 1/100 HG line is dead. Has been since 00. We've got the new RE100 line, but only the Nightingale has been released so far.
For $20-40, the 1/100 Master Grade are a better deal, what with stuff like the Duel Assault Shroud only being $30.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-10-07 14:06:10  
I see thanks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-07 14:08:46  
ah I see, havent really bought any gundams since my not-so-local, local gundam store decided to stop stocking up on kits and replace them by NA comic books... :/
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 14:20:21  
ah I see, havent really bought any gundams since my not-so-local, local gundam store decided to stop stocking up on kits and replace them by NA comic books... :/
Could keep an eye on Amazon.com if you're interested. Sometimes sellers put kits up pretty cheap and with free shipping (often slow but trackable).
Or maybe your local store will start stocking them again since they seem to be getting more popular again now. Like most Barnes & Noble stores have at least a small selection of kits now apparently. Mostly Unicorn, Build Fighters and Wing stuff, but it's a start.
I long for the day we get an actual Bandai distributor over here so we can even get a chance at having stuff in normal stores again. ; ;
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 14:36:16  
So apparently the Turn A blu-rays came out recently and they look fantastic.

<3
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-07 14:49:46  
well, this store at one point, had a huge wall only to model kits.
new, old, gundam, patlabor, evangelion, mazinger, macross kits, you name it.

the last time i went there early this ear, the wall was replaced by marvel/dc comic books and magazines. the kit section only had 3 kits in it.

:/
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-07 15:02:44  
Weather divination forecast says tomorrow is gonna be another hot day *sighs* not looking forward to my 3 hours on those overcrowded trains.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-07 15:13:56  

oooh, I want!
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-10-07 15:38:37  
Jetackuu said: »

oooh, I want!
Their current goal is to have it moving in time for the 40th anniversary (2019). :I
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-07 15:44:13  
I got hooked into watching Data Squad.

First Page 2 3 ... 15572 15573 15574 ... 22715 22716 22717