Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15198 15199 15200 ... 22714 22715 22716
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-08 13:31:57  
Jetackuu said: »
We have a cici's here, and idk if it's my memory or has buffet pizza always been that small and lower quality? (sometimes it's ok, but them, Pizza Hut and Mr. Gatti's all went down hill imo).
I wasn't aware Mr. Gatti's was a chain. My niece had her first birthday there, it went out but a really nice Cafe opened in it's space, I want to arrange to take my grand nephew (niece's son) there for dinner of his first birthday.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 13:32:19  
I'd like some decent pizza, all we have around here is crap.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-08 13:32:34  
fractalvoid said: »
I don't mind a small break really, but fuuuuck. At least my psych classes will be awesome... but the other two I had to take for degree requirements will be a snoozefest.

Last semester I just got too lucky with my schedule so I'll deal with this bs for now... just gotta figure if I really wanna ride my bike to/from campus twice a day, or just ride in the morning and then drive later lol. I don't think there's any way I could stay on campus for the entire duration of that gap
For me it'd be hell cause I take two trains to get to mine lol. I think I'd just go with a camping tent.
By gdiShun 2014-08-08 13:32:42  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
This thread needs some gundams up in hur

>_>

Also, small places or bust for pizza. :p There was this one chef at this one Papa John's I went to that made *** amazing pizza. But because it was only one chef, it was always a gamble when you went. So I stopped. :p
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 13:32:50  
Anna Ruthven said: »
We have a cici's here, and idk if it's my memory or has buffet pizza always been that small and lower quality? (sometimes it's ok, but them, Pizza Hut and Mr. Gatti's all went down hill imo).
I wasn't aware Mr. Gatti's was a chain. My niece had her first birthday there, it went out but a really nice Cafe opened in it's space, I want to arrange to take my grand nephew (niece's son) there for dinner of his first birthday.
We had one locally until some time ago, it was great before it changed hands. But alas, when the franchisee has a coke issue...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 13:32:54  

Pizza Hut has definitely go downhill. They completely changed their crust several years ago. Still not terrible but...I lament the changes.

It's almost a nationwide thing; apparently a generational switch was flipped and all pizza had to be sweeter, with blander, doughier crust.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-08-08 13:33:12  
That is indeed what we have. And tbh, cheapest buffet I have ever eaten at, but not bad. Not good either.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 13:33:48  
We had one locally until some time ago, it was great before it changed hands. But alas, when the franchisee has a coke issue...

...what the hell is it with franchise pizza owners and coke!?

I've had a few friends who worked for different pizza chains and the owners are always *** coke fiends.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 13:34:12  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Pizza Hut has definitely go downhill. They completely changed their crust several years ago. Still not terrible but...I lament the changes.

It's almost a nationwide thing; apparently a generational switch was flipped and all pizza had to be sweeter, with blander, doughier crust.

they went to frozen crusts iirc, aka not handed-tossed.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 13:34:37  

...what the hell is it with franchise pizza owners and coke!?

I've had a few friends who worked for different pizza chains and the owners are always *** coke fiends.
They think it's the 80's?
[+]
By fractalvoid 2014-08-08 13:34:39  
I prefer the NY style places, 1 pizza for the whole family. :)

Pizza here is way too good... Although I could eat an entire pie myself if I was hungry enough
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-08-08 13:34:46  
gdiShun said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
This thread needs some gundams up in hur

Also, small places or bust for pizza. :p There was this one chef at this one Papa John's I went to that made *** amazing pizza. But because it was only one chef, it was always a gamble when you went. So I stopped. :p
Not bad, but I raise you a...
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-08-08 13:34:51  

they went to frozen crusts iirc, aka not handed-tossed.

That was well over a decade ago at least.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-08 13:35:29  
A lot of those are franchised iirc, and yeah, it adds one more reason I don't go there, aside from it being severely overrated pizza, and expensive.

It used to be cheap AND delicious. Somewhere around 2003 they changed everything about their pizza and it just wasn't that great anymore...and it cost more.

But when my wife started college and I used to go visit her, we could get a takeout large cheese pizza for $5 and it was freaking great.

NOSTALGIA.

DAMN YOU PAPA JOHN'S.
I'm not fond of Papa John's, not so much the brand or the product, but the guy. I remember him jumping up to make some political statement against the ACA which indicated he was full of ***, on top of that Camaros are nice, but I'm more of a Mustang fan.

FoMoCo, ***!

We have pizza places here called CiCi's. They used to have good pizza until they started pumping out ***like cheeseburger pizza, mac & cheese pizza, and bbq chicked pizza. The latter I admit is good.

I prefer the NY style places, 1 pizza for the whole family. :)

Yeah. The actual guy is sort of a sleezy douche. But I didn't know that at 17. I knew his pizza was good and I was spending a weekend with my in-college girlfriend.

So the great memories are there with his pizza.

I'm a bit of a pizza snob. There's no pizza in this town I really love, and there are like 20 Italian restaurants in my town ~8500.

I like almost-NY style. There's a private place in my home town that makes perfect pizza. I've found it a few other places too. NY-style is just a liiiiiitle too thin. I need to be able to pick it up without it being completely floppy. But too thick and it gets too chewy.

And most places use sauce that's too sweet. That's happened within the past 10 years or so, and was one of the changes PJ's made.
I like this place.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-08 13:36:05  
A pity smile for you americans talking like you know what a real pizza is like.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-08-08 13:36:19  
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-08 13:37:12  

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-08 13:38:21  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Why are you off the naughty mat? Go! Just go.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-08 13:39:54  
American pizza is different than the rest of the world's version of pizza.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-08 13:40:08  
The what now?
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-08-08 13:41:28  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I recently re-watched taht series, and yes I was hoping to find a Bear-Gundam, but that one reminded me of Magnus.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-08 13:41:34  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Like our football and our term for the country widely known as España.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-08-08 13:51:14  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Not quite, the entire world makes pizza different than the original versions which actually tasted sweet rather than what we have now. Nobody makes the old type anymore really, even few italians make it the old way. The closest people take it back to the old days is simply tomato, cheese and basil on flatbread. Even that isn't practiced much anywhere else except southern Italy. In my travels i've found that people actually view American Pizza as the norm for what pizza should be like when you hear the word Pizza. Blame that on free market because it's the truth.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-08 13:53:53  

The place I previously referred to in my hometown Pepe's Pizza, is run by a guy from Italy.

Edit: I've got this thing about "authentic" arguments though.

It goes something like this:

"If it tastes good, who the *** cares?"
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-08 13:55:18  
Depends on what part of Italy. Even here if you go north from Naples pizza is no longer pizza. Rome, Venice, Milan, Florence, they don't eat pizza, just some wannabe focaccia.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2014-08-08 13:56:01  
also I got to see mr.carmack for free last night and it was awesome. heard he was not too good at DJing live (although he makes really good original works) but turns out he is good. pleasantly surprised.

my one problem with going to see electronic music live is all the drunk idiots though... i'm just standing there on 4-ho-met trying to enjoy music and have sweaty drunk hipster fools falling all over each other etc. kinda sad to watch lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-08-08 13:58:23  
As long as it's Supreme Pizza idc who makes it. ***keep the pizza just give me the peppers and onions so i can make a mean Philly Cheesesteak sammich.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-08-08 13:58:24  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I see you there skull, shakin that ***

(Welcome back señor!)
LOL thanks, but this should be temporary. Today is just a slow day finally and bosses are out. In the time I was away from the forum/site, I managed to kick some *** on some projects and get a raise. >_>;
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-08 14:03:42  
"If it tastes good, who the *** cares?"
That's the thing though, outside of this region pizza is nowhere near as good. Don't get me wrong, I'm the last partisan you'd ever find about my region, I despise this place with all of my heart, however I give credit where it's due and this pizza is just that good.

Mind you I'm also a person who doesn't like eating in general and I say that, so take that as you may.
First Page 2 3 ... 15198 15199 15200 ... 22714 22715 22716