Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 11228 11229 11230 ... 22715 22716 22717

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-12 17:25:11  
volkom said: »
why didn't you share
Too good. Sorry.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2013-04-12 17:25:13  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Cerberus.Valmur said: »
Those darn Souls!
They made Azdaja look like fun...

I don't have NIN job to tank the T3s so I had to annoy friends to get them to tank for me =/
thf is better anyway!
Thf can't tank ??? Needles or Discoid though :P

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-12 17:26:33  
Tarus just FLY with Stardiver.

Gonna remerit it for SAM. <_____<
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2013-04-12 17:26:38  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Those darn Souls!

I don't have NIN job to tank the T3s so I had to annoy friends to get them to tank for me =/
thf is better anyway!
Thf can't tank ??? Needles or Discoid though :P
those have nothing to do with colorless soul VNM he mentioned -_-
I care not! :3
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-04-12 17:26:43  
Those darn Souls!

thf is better anyway!
I have a THF on Ken, but didn't think to tank with him due to AF and not having Migawari?
 Sylph.Ixe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2013-04-12 17:26:46  
Hey Smart peoples, My friend has the PS2 version of the game. Wants to upgrade to PC, but doesn't want to buy the games again to install. Where is a safe DL of the game?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2013-04-12 17:27:54  
Sylph.Ixe said: »
Hey Smart peoples, My friend has the PS2 version of the game. Wants to upgrade to PC, but doesn't want to buy the games again to install. Where is a safe DL of the game?
For free? I don't know. You can get the entire game with all expansions for like 30~40 bucks on Amazon though.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-12 17:27:58  
Sylph.Ixe said: »
tehkrizz.net

I've been using it for a long time.

I don't know if it has Adoulin though

Edit: It has the 2008 collection, no adoulin.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kittykite
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kittykite
By Lakshmi.Kittykite 2013-04-12 17:30:19  
[+]
By volkom 2013-04-12 17:30:38  
Ramuh.Urial said: »
volkom said: »
why didn't you share
Too good. Sorry.

:|
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2013-04-12 17:32:46  
Hey Josi, is Annak traveling the world or something?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-04-12 17:36:44  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Cerberus.Arebella said: »
>_> You were one of the most intimidating people in LS lol
Was he a Leader of sort? I was told by a few people in a LS I was a leader/officer person, that they were shy to talk to me in a non LS related business way. I was like "But I am a giant goofball!"
I get that a lot :( plus I'm shy and find it very hard to join conversations sometimes.
I find it that when I push myself OUT of my shyness, amazing things can happen.

When I returned to the game, my LS was mostly dead/quiet, not even being social.

So I stared at my Moogle a lot, then on FL< saw an old buddy was in Aby, started chatting, and asked if he needed any help. So he sai dya, I went, and hung out with him and his handful of friends in a smal family friendly LS. At the end of the run I asked for a pearl cuz they were really fun to be with. Well I made nice wonderful friends that I am glad that I came back to game with. Even found myself a Dyna Farming partner who needs the same kind of encouragement to stop procrastinating as I do. ^^
I never really did much with linkshells, was really scared to apply to them because I didn't really do much with my WHM and had nothing else, not even a BLM sub to go with it. I finally tried and got in. I think they accepted me because I wrote like a 10 page essay on my WHM armor, my sets, my knowledge of WHM and how I played it. I got a lot of complements for it, and I guess that they needed a WHM who enjoyed playing as one so they picked me.

I made myself farm a nobles tunic because I didn't want a linkshell to give me one, and it cost me 14,360,000 gil (sold it for 300k! to buy aristocrats for 3 mil). Took me forever by myself but I finally got one, but the rest of my armor was crap in my application. I used proper equipment for each set, but the equipment choices were very cheap because I couldn't afford anything nice because I spent all my effort getting a nobles tunic.

I spent my time doing end game stuff for a few years, got my WHM looking nice and was happy with it. I made a few friends in that LS, but they all eventually quit.

I spent more time reading this site then I did playing the game some days because there wasn't anything I wanted to do. I transferred servers following a linkshell I applied to and ended up on Siren with no one I knew :|

I always loved reading the update notes and news for FFXI, and when I was on Siren I started posting news back in 2011, maybe late 2010. I enjoyed reading the news posts a lot from the community reps, and would look forward to the next post everyday. I also loved this site a lot, but I noticed no one really posted the news updates. At the time I only had 20 or 30 posts on my account, but I thought it would be nice to post news here. I mean, if I'm already going to read them then why not post about it? It only takes a minute to copy and paste text and make a topic.

I did it, just normal quote tags at the time and people loved it. They never used the official forums, so they never read any of the posts. I posted like that for a few months, but got bored of the gray background for quotes so I created my own news template. It wasn't that bad, had some white lines between the boxes but it resembled the official forums post template. It was just a test to see if people liked that over the boring gray background, and I got a lot of complements for it so I worked on perfecting it and making it look nice.

My only posts were posting news, and responding to questions about the topic. I still wasn't really even talking much. I think I had about 2000 posts before Scragg sent me a PM around November of 2011, telling me that he loved that I was bringing news to the site for people to read and discuss, and wanted to have my topics stand out a bit more so it was easier for members to find them on the front page. So he asked if I'd be okay with having a bar, and I thought it was a cool idea and would help others find news topics easier, not really thinking about the effects of having a bar would have >.>

So the day I got my bar I shot up to the most viewed player, on all servers, for a whole week. A lot of people on my server were sending me tells and stuff, and I pretty much kinda hid not knowing what to do with all the attention. I didn't ignore people, it just was uncomfortable getting that much attention.

It also changed how people looked at me here, I got a lot of good feedback, but I got a lot more negative feedback than normal. If I said anything that wasn't 100% accurate and could be proven then I got jumped on, people telling me to fix what I said. It was ridiculous. The reason I were told was because people look at me and took what I say seriously, which I can understand, but it got to the point where I was considering asking Scragg to take the bar away. I obviously never did that, but I did shut up and keep my opinions to myself.

I still do actually... lol

but I finally opened up to RT a bit, even though I read it for years. I was a heavy lurker, but enjoyed reading what you guys had to say. I even got comments saying "isn't it weird that kali is just now posting since she got her bar?" and I guess that's true a bit. It was mostly because I no longer had a linkshell, and wanted a group of people to talk to that came on everyday. So RT was my new linkshell I guess.

If I never posted news, or post in the topics I created, I'd probably only have ~2000 posts total I think.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-04-12 17:45:57  
I didn't ignore people, it just was uncomfortable getting that much attention.
DAWWWW I Know how that is XD

So RT was my new linkshell I guess.
Kinda feel same way sorta, since I was out on break from game, needed some social contact to thwart my Hermit ways.

Loved the background you gave, I was also very shy about applying to LS but they needed a RDM and well, I just kept offering to help out. I still love that LS, it's just no longer my home.

but I did shut up and keep my opinions to myself.

:( Don't shut up and keep things to yourself! We all enjoy chatting with you ^^ I think I was trying to be unshy at first too before I started posting and thanked you for your work on the news posts. =)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-04-12 17:46:15  
Asura.Schizm said: »
:| Japan just got hit by a 6.0 earthquake.
Which part?
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-04-12 17:48:44  
Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Hey Josi, is Annak traveling the world or something?
Yes both her and zero are cultural anthropologists. Countries hire them to do work with history and timeline/future planning or understanding patterns when others can't

I've never looked into it, and my definition of her career is probably inaccurate but I don't pry. since she's a polyglot it's the perfect field for her and she loves it, working in Japan for awhile now apparently

She's a weird one man, I try not to care too much about her
Wow I would love to hear them talk about what they do and have done.

For example the dealing move possible for the trials to make an ochain is tidal wave by far. Naked thf 5100 dmg. Prepared thf using the same dd atma, 1700 dmg taken
Well I farmed Koios to get T3 more then the Shiva wench cause it was possible to do with my gimp jobs. I was about to level NIN to just tank them myself but figured that might defeat point of getting an Ochain. =/

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-04-12 17:53:17  
:| Japan just got hit by a 6.0 earthquake.
Which part?

South Western near Kobe.
/checks to make shure away from SE Servers

Don't want another month black out of game....

Hmm if my calculations right, no risk of Tsunami to Tokyo either.
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2013-04-12 17:53:19  
I didn't ignore people, it just was uncomfortable getting that much attention.

Yeah I try also but seems I give people the wrong impression ;; I'm often called "Very serious" person I'm just very set in my Introvert ways!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-04-12 17:55:47  
Well the DooDoo heads causing traffic seemed to have gotten home! Time for my 1 hour adventure home! laters folks!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2013-04-12 18:00:23  
Cerberus.Arebella said: »
>_> You were one of the most intimidating people in LS lol
Was he a Leader of sort? I was told by a few people in a LS I was a leader/officer person, that they were shy to talk to me in a non LS related business way. I was like "But I am a giant goofball!"
I get that a lot :( plus I'm shy and find it very hard to join conversations sometimes.
I never really did much with linkshells, was really scared to apply to them because I didn't really do much with my WHM and had nothing else, not even a BLM sub to go with it. I finally tried and got in. I think they accepted me because I wrote like a 10 page essay on my WHM armor, my sets, my knowledge of WHM and how I played it. I got a lot of complements for it, and I guess that they needed a WHM who enjoyed playing as one so they picked me.

I made myself farm a nobles tunic because I didn't want a linkshell to give me one, and it cost me 14,360,000 gil (sold it for 300k! to buy aristocrats for 3 mil). Took me forever by myself but I finally got one, but the rest of my armor was crap in my application. I used proper equipment for each set, but the equipment choices were very cheap because I couldn't afford anything nice because I spent all my effort getting a nobles tunic.

I spent my time doing end game stuff for a few years, got my WHM looking nice and was happy with it. I made a few friends in that LS, but they all eventually quit.

I spent more time reading this site then I did playing the game some days because there wasn't anything I wanted to do. I transferred servers following a linkshell I applied to and ended up on Siren with no one I knew :|

I always loved reading the update notes and news for FFXI, and when I was on Siren I started posting news back in 2011, maybe late 2010. I enjoyed reading the news posts a lot from the community reps, and would look forward to the next post everyday. I also loved this site a lot, but I noticed no one really posted the news updates. At the time I only had 20 or 30 posts on my account, but I thought it would be nice to post news here. I mean, if I'm already going to read them then why not post about it? It only takes a minute to copy and paste text and make a topic.

I did it, just normal quote tags at the time and people loved it. They never used the official forums, so they never read any of the posts. I posted like that for a few months, but got bored of the gray background for quotes so I created my own news template. It wasn't that bad, had some white lines between the boxes but it resembled the official forums post template. It was just a test to see if people liked that over the boring gray background, and I got a lot of complements for it so I worked on perfecting it and making it look nice.

My only posts were posting news, and responding to questions about the topic. I still wasn't really even talking much. I think I had about 2000 posts before Scragg sent me a PM around November of 2011, telling me that he loved that I was bringing news to the site for people to read and discuss, and wanted to have my topics stand out a bit more so it was easier for members to find them on the front page. So he asked if I'd be okay with having a bar, and I thought it was a cool idea and would help others find news topics easier, not really thinking about the effects of having a bar would have >.>

So the day I got my bar I shot up to the most viewed player, on all servers, for a whole week. A lot of people on my server were sending me tells and stuff, and I pretty much kinda hid not knowing what to do with all the attention. I didn't ignore people, it just was uncomfortable getting that much attention.

It also changed how people looked at me here, I got a lot of good feedback, but I got a lot more negative feedback than normal. If I said anything that wasn't 100% accurate and could be proven then I got jumped on, people telling me to fix what I said. It was ridiculous. The reason I were told was because people look at me and took what I say seriously, which I can understand, but it got to the point where I was considering asking Scragg to take the bar away. I obviously never did that, but I did shut up and keep my opinions to myself.

but I finally opened up to RT a bit, even though I read it for years. I was a heavy lurker, but enjoyed reading what you guys had to say. I even got comments saying "isn't it weird that kali is just now posting since she got her bar?" and I guess that's true a bit. It was mostly because I no longer had a linkshell, and wanted a group of people to talk to that came on everyday. So RT was my new linkshell I guess.

If I never posted news, or post in the topics I created, I'd probably only have ~2000 posts total I think.[/spoiler]
The way it went for me was something like...

I was a token WAR. Always on War, always farming for gear for War. I remember I borrowed my PLD friend's Hauby for quite a long time because he wouldn't use it, so he lent it to me. I finally got my own by doing Operation Desert Swarm and getting a D Ingot, and then I had a friend craft it.

My foray into the endgame back then was propelled by a desire to slay the big things, like Bahamut, Ouryu, Fafnir, Behemoth, etc. I was in a small social with a very strict Asian man named Jinpu as the leader. He was old school elitist, and taught me most of what I knew back then. Our shell had about 30 or so people, and it was a very happy shell.

Jinpu could see though, that me and about 10 or so other people had vast potential, and we were always talking about getting to the endgame. He looked up the smallest endgame shell he could find, reasoning that it would be the best environment to start in. He found a shell called Precedence. It had very nice girls, Anye and Alaana, as its leaders. They did Sky, wanted to do Sea, and they tried HNMs every now and then.

I had to take a break from the game for a month because I was unable to pay, being that I was about 15 without a job. When I came back, our social was destroyed. Apparently when Jinpu proposed the idea that we join with Precedence, another player contested him on the grounds that endgame would eat our fun loving social friendships, and that we would all be used and abused. He was right to an extent, but not really, but he managed to get all but Jinpu and 5 other people and myself to jump ship and start a new social. I witnessed none of this, and I had nowhere to go, but my Warrior was 71, and I had my Great Axe of Trials as my first WSNM weapon. Jinpu took me to Kuftal tunnel with his Thf in full Dragon +1 and we duoed my trial off in under an hour. Then he got his Monk, our other friends and their monks, and we went and pounded the Treant into the ground. Apparently this was the only thing Precedence required of me, along with Thief to sub, which I had already done for farming.

From there lots of stuff happened, we merged with some shell, KirinTheDestroyers, became an LS called Convergence. Killed all the land kings except Aspid, got everyone Sea access. Killed all jailers. Killed Hydra and Khimaira(I missed out on Khim). Then the shell broke after the 2handed update, but since I had all this "elite" experience, any shell I applied to would take me. I joined a Sky/Sea/Dynamis LS, which was practically carefree compared to the other one, and I've been playing with people related to that ever since. It died after the final Abyssea expansion, and Josi's LS is the first real LS I've been in since 2010. I'm glad I'm back in a social atmosphere.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 11228 11229 11230 ... 22715 22716 22717