Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 10977 10978 10979 ... 22712 22713 22714
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 05:28:16  
Quiznor said: »
Artemicion said: »
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Hmmm, I can't seem to decide on which phone to get. I've narrowed it down to the Droid Razr HD Maxx, Droid 4 (love the physical keyboard(not very used to on-screen kb and don't like voice typing (no privacy))), and the Droid DNA.

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback for these phones, I'm all ears eyes. . . whatever.

Only requirements for other suggestions is that it has to be AndroidOS based and compatible with Verizon service.

Not sure if Verizon is providing for it, but if you want a piece of the high end android action with a physical keyboard, I've heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy Relay. Essentially an S3 but with a physical keyboard. I too mandate qwerty keyboards, because despite all the advancements and innovative features to ease the user control of on screen typing and controler capacity, it will never replace the prowess and reliability of an actual keyboard.

I have an S2 for over a year now and I still cant get used to touchscreen typing. Physical keyboard ftw. Android ftw. Samsung for the motherfucking lose

I've been using my dinosaur HTC device for years now. What exactly would put Samsung in for a loss? As far as hardware capacity goes, it's on top of the charts, and since it's running android anyways, interface and usability isn't an issue.
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 05:43:10  
Hmmm, I can't seem to decide on which phone to get. I've narrowed it down to the Droid Razr HD Maxx, Droid 4 (love the physical keyboard(not very used to on-screen kb and don't like voice typing (no privacy))), and the Droid DNA.

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback for these phones, I'm all ears eyes. . . whatever.

Only requirements for other suggestions is that it has to be AndroidOS based and compatible with Verizon service.

Not sure if Verizon is providing for it, but if you want a piece of the high end android action with a physical keyboard, I've heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy Relay. Essentially an S3 but with a physical keyboard. I too mandate qwerty keyboards, because despite all the advancements and innovative features to ease the user control of on screen typing and controler capacity, it will never replace the prowess and reliability of an actual keyboard.

I have an S2 for over a year now and I still cant get used to touchscreen typing. Physical keyboard ftw. Android ftw. Samsung for the motherfucking lose

I've been using my dinosaur HTC device for years now. What exactly would put Samsung in for a loss? As far as hardware capacity goes, it's on top of the charts, and since it's running android anyways, interface and usability isn't an issue.

The google updates are fine. But the way they program alot of the handsets here force them to use a samsung version of the software so you're essentially running a "samsung phone software" on android. If you want any of the proper android features outside of the google play store,you have to wipe the entire thing and start from scratch.

Personally I cant be bothered doing that because phones are the one part of technology I cant stand.

Ireland is notorious for raping people when it comes to phones
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 05:49:19  
Ah, so it's kinda of a proprietary regional user thing going on :/
I take it rooting your device is a much more difficult process with varying effort->reward ratios. In that case, my condolences. While software run under manufacturers aren't always a bad thing (as it sometimes helps optimize performance and use), more often than not it ends up limiting user control and defeating the purpose of having an android device in the first place.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-03-31 05:57:38  
Best I can tell from a quick Google, Verizon doesn't support the Relay.

In case anyone was curious as to why Verizon. It's the provider with the most reliable/best signal where I live and the surrounding areas.
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 05:58:33  

In case anyone was curious as to why Verizon. It's the only provider with a reliable signal where I live and the surrounding areas.

Yeah. From what I can tell it's a "T-mobile device" which luckily can be unlocked, but doesn't necessarily promise it'll be usable through secondary networks. Sorry if I got your hopes up :(
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 05:58:42  
Ah, so it's kinda of a proprietary regional user thing going on :/
I take it rooting your device is a much more difficult process with varying effort->reward ratios. In that case, my condolences. While software run under manufacturers aren't always a bad things (as it sometimes helps optimize performance and use), more often than not it ends up limiting user control and defeating the purpose of having an android device in the first place.

Thats pretty much it. It gives people the "illusion" of android because it looks and acts a bit like it (mainly because it has the google play store and that gives your android apps) but nothing else. Personally to me I cant be arsed rooting (thats the word I was trying to think of,ty) my phone simply because I really only use it for texting/whatsapp/the odd phone call and rare internet browsing so it does everything I need from a phone. We have decent provider plans,but they're kinda offset by handset prices/limitations.

For example my S2 has 26 apps hard installed by my provider via their deal with samsung on the software for Irish phones. I cant remove these at all without going through the effort of rooting it
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-03-31 05:59:52  

In case anyone was curious as to why Verizon. It's the only provider with a reliable signal where I live and the surrounding areas.

Yeah. From what I can tell it's a "T-mobile device" which luckily can be unlocked, but doesn't necessarily promise it'll be usable through secondary networks. Sorry if I got your hopes up :(

I didn't really look into the phone a lot, just looked to see the provider. I know about unlocking, but I really can't be assed to bother.
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 06:01:38  

I didn't really look into the phone a lot, just looked to see the provider. I know about unlocking, but I really can't be assed to bother.

Aye. It can be an expensive endeavor with varying results of success. Generally unless you absolutely must have a specific device above all others, it's a useful feature if you're stuck with a provider that doesn't offer it. But otherwise it is pointless as technology is expanding so damned fast, there'll either be a good handful of alternatives with identical features and capacities, or it'll be left in the dust before you can blink.
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 06:17:22  
FINALLY!

Harvest Moon finally got released on the 3DS virtual console :3

/buys
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 06:22:07  
FINALLY!

Harvest Moon finally got released on the 3DS virtual console :3

/buys

Would you do me a favor and see if any retro FF titles or things of the like are available on the e-store? I'm kinda bummed that the 3DS while supporting DS games, no longer can run GBA games while the DS could.
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 06:28:15  
I already turned it off D:

But iirc there are no virtual console FF games on there at all

Surely you could pick up a cheap DS/GBA at this point for your GBA games? I still use my 1st gen DS or FFXII DS lite for my GBA games. Worse comes to worst,I still have my old limited edition legend of zelda GBA SP for them
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 06:29:58  
I already turned it off D:

But iirc there are no virtual console FF games on there at all

Surely you could pick up a cheap DS/GBA at this point for your GBA games? I still use my 1st gen DS or FFXII DS lite for my GBA games. Worse comes to worst,I still have my old limited edition legend of zelda GBA SP for them

Eh, nothing emulation can't solve on my phone/PC. However, availability across multiple devices, even at a slight cost is always a good thing. If anything I'll just be a fraction of incentive for Nintendo to continue licencing titles people (read: me) want.
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 06:33:18  
I'm trolling ebay atm (or rather just finished it) because I'm a collector and like having physical products for the collection :D

I'm an impulsive *** though,between a digital copy when first released of a VC game (wii/wiiu/3ds for example) andthen eventually getting a hardcopy lol

edit: Trolling in the sense "trolling for booty" not *** with the sellers >_>
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 06:34:23  
I'm trolling ebay atm (or rather just finished it) because I'm a collector and like having physical products for the collection :D

Ditto. Physical copies for life.
Problem is, as time goes on and older products go out of print, people make a mint off the low supply and the demand of silly sentimental people like us.

/sigh
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 06:35:56  

I don't know whether I should be horrified or intrigued.
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 06:36:36  

Ditto. Physical copies for life.
Problem is, as time goes on and older products go out of print, people make a mint off the low demand and silly sentiments of people like us.

/sigh

yeah thats true lol brings me happiness though so its worth it to pay/own it. And people sya money cant buy happiness!
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 06:40:22  
With everything I bought within the last few days + that 1 thing last week,I'm just looking for a zelda twilight princess gamecube EU version atm and then I'm done on my current spree :<
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 06:47:15  
Yeah. I've been tight on money since I got that super expensive gift for my mom and brother. Not to mention I have ever more looming expenses and obligations on the horizon. Gotta fill the fridge and pantry. Need to replace some broken/barely functioning appliances, and more importantly, get some of the kitties in this place fixed. VERY bad that two of the girls are now in heat ~_~
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-03-31 07:05:37  

I don't know whether I should be horrified or intrigued.

oh skittles...

WHY?!?
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 07:07:26  
Difficult to compete with chocolate bars.
Endorphins give hell of an advantage I'd imagine.

Though I immensely enjoyed their "darkside" flavors.
Would totally buy a metric *** of those.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-03-31 07:11:33  
I wish my game would ship already :| $80 for it to take a week to ship? unacceptable (at least when it does ship it'll be here in 2-3 days :3)
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 07:15:08  
What did you buy?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-03-31 07:16:06  
What did you buy?

The vita cartridge for Phantasy Star Online 2.

It comes with some bonus in game ***I kinda wanted :p also so I could free up the 6GB it's taking on my card lol.
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 07:21:18  
I'll play the pc version if it ever comes to EU lol

*** paying for an inferior version of a free to play game :x
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-31 07:30:06  
Happy Easter humans... or Happy Sunday, whichever you prefer.
By Quiznor 2013-03-31 07:39:38  
Turkey dinner :Q

Grandmother's cooking ftw
By Artemicion 2013-03-31 07:47:32  
So, it appears that Finland has Police reindeer.

[+]
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-03-31 07:49:40  
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-31 07:50:36  
Bismarck.Leonkasai said: »
Thats all we need... more chances for him to try and get with his cousin.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 10977 10978 10979 ... 22712 22713 22714