Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 10051 10052 10053 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-02-06 12:16:01  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Just thinking about Dark Souls 2 now makes me mad ~.~

I kind of feel this way about Lightning's return (FFXIII), especially her outfit :<
I mean my faith was restored with FFXIII-2 but this one coming just looks like they want to add closure to the games storyline.
I don't like her outfit either but gameplay wise I'm really looking forward to it. The combat looks alot like what they had originally planned for 13 but changed for whatever reason and the whole time based game play + open world opens up the chance for it to be on the hardcore side (something everyone complains is missing from games these days).
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:16:27  
I thought it would be cool to have a girl main character, but I really didn't like her at all.

I just don't like 13's story really :| The lore behind 13 is so damn cool, but when you get to the story they chose for the game...

idk

I'm getting sick of games being a story game. I don't want to have 50+ cutscenes, where I have quick times in the middle of them. FF was never about that and I don't know who thought it should of been :\
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:17:09  
They say open world, I really don't think they mean it to be honest. We'll see though~
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-06 12:18:09  
Quiznor said: »

I kind of feel this way about Lightning's return (FFXIII), especially her outfit :<
I mean my faith was restored with FFXIII-2 but this one coming just looks like they want to add closure to the games storyline.

For me XIII-2 did more damage than good.I didnt want a continuation.The story wasnt there to continue in the first place,and the way they did continue it,was just absolutely stupid.I did like the last few seconds of the ending though.XIII-3 continues that by going on from a pointlessly random continuation point to something that it could almost be a brand new FF game if they wanted it to be.I dont know how everyone likes lightning so much tbh,she wrecks my head as a character

Maybe, however XIII-2 and XIII-3 were more or less budget games.
They were remade because they could reuse the graphics engine and not spend more resources on a completely new title iirc.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-02-06 12:19:03  
They'll just get ***on again like they did with XII being open world.
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:19:13  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
To be fair, Origins, Homecoming, Shattered Memories and Downpour aren't terrible games.

They're just absolutely terrible at being anything related to Silent Hill they nearly make me physically ill (exaggerating a bit...) looking at them.

The series officially died the moment Konami disbanded KCET/Team Silent and outsourced to western developers. Losing Hiroyuki Ōwaku (primary writer for Silent Hill 2/3/4) and Masahiro Itō (Art director/monster concepts for SH 1/2/3) were crippling blows to what made the franchise great.

Man after my own heart.

Although,while origins wasnt a bad game,just not a silent hill game in the true sense,I personally thought homecoming and downpour were a travesty to gaming.I still remember to this day the interview with Ito on the special edition bonus dvd (last and possibly only one I ever watched) talking about the concept,coming up with the mobs and even what they represent.Especially it comes to mind how he came up with the idea for the humanoid figure with no arms
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-06 12:19:44  
The thing I miss from Final fantasy above all else though; The world map.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:20:33  
They say open world, I really don't think they mean it to be honest. We'll see though~

I think they mean "you can click something in a menu and go back and forth to different places" unlike 13 where you go through 80% of the game areas once and thats it
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-02-06 12:20:34  
I prefer the story being told in small parts so you can take a break from it and just explore a bit and then go back to the story. Minigames that progress the more you progress in the story are fun as well >.> I just hope Versus has a lot of minigames and sidequest stuff with extra story (about the world).
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-02-06 12:21:29  
Personally I think 12 had the absolute best world map because it was more like an offline MMORPG.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:21:32  
Quiznor said: »

For me XIII-2 did more damage than good.I didnt want a continuation.The story wasnt there to continue in the first place,and the way they did continue it,was just absolutely stupid.I did like the last few seconds of the ending though.XIII-3 continues that by going on from a pointlessly random continuation point to something that it could almost be a brand new FF game if they wanted it to be.I dont know how everyone likes lightning so much tbh,she wrecks my head as a character

Maybe, however XIII-2 and XIII-3 were more or less budget games.
They were remade because they could reuse the graphics engine and not spend more resources on a completely new title iirc.

Yeah,and that did even more to damage FF and XIII to me @ reusing it for budget sake
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:24:34  
I miss playing the game, discovering the airship, and being able to fly it myself :|

If we could do that now though I'd probably end up crashing it into the capital or something~ Then I'd have to make repairs on both my ship and the capital ~.~
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-02-06 12:24:59  
Honestly, I haven't touched Downpour. It looked decent though. Homecoming though... Decent game. Really lame how boring some segments are, huge gaps between monsters breaks tension because you know there's a good 5 minutes or so before anything shows up to attack you.

Boss fights were pretty good, boss designs were okay. Akira's music was top notch as always. Story was... mediocre. And it wasn't scary.

Ito is a genius. And itt was interesting to see how some of his inspiration came about.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-02-06 12:25:01  

Idk SE is pretty honest about that stuff. They straight up told us that 13 was linear as *** for the first 30 hours and I still struggle to understand why people went into it expecting other wise. My guess is that each section of the island will have a main story with side quests the same as 13-2 and possibly a sub story line.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:26:59  
Asura.Ina said: »

Idk SE is pretty honest about that stuff. They straight up told us that 13 was linear as *** for the first 30 hours and I still struggle to understand why people went into it expecting other wise.
Not everyone keeps up with game news, but more importantly, just because you tell us you're doing something doesn't mean we agree with it.

You can tell me that you're never going to put chocobos in the game again and I'll still be upset about it even knowing that going in.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-02-06 12:27:08  
Asura.Schizm said: »
I just wished for game like FF XI that SquareEnix had an idea of the bigger picture.

If they would of make FF X with Yuna a precursor story to the SMN job in FF XI and to beat the game would of aloud a continuing story about SMN, that would of made the SMN alot more appealing. Or say Auron would of been make a SAM job with Rikku being the THF.

That way, from a few games, you could of generated a deeper story or people could of taken on a new comer story inside of FF XI.

IMO.

I don't think that would have worked very well.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:27:15  
Honestly, I haven't touched Downpour. It looked decent though. Homecoming though... Decent game. Really lame how boring some segments are, huge gaps between monsters breaks tension because you know there's a good 5 minutes or so before anything shows up to attack you.

Boss fights were pretty good, boss designs were okay. Akira's music was top notch as always. Story was... mediocre. And it wasn't scary.

Ito is a genius. And itt was interesting to see how some of his inspiration came about.

Downpour was basically a poor man's alan wake that went horribly wrong.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-02-06 12:27:58  
Asura.Schizm said: »
I just wished for game like FF XI that SquareEnix had an idea of the bigger picture.

If they would of make FF X with Yuna a precursor story to the SMN job in FF XI and to beat the game would of aloud a continuing story about SMN, that would of made the SMN alot more appealing. Or say Auron would of been make a SAM job with Rikku being the THF.

That way, from a few games, you could of generated a deeper story or people could of taken on a new comer story inside of FF XI.

IMO.

Now your speaking my language....
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-02-06 12:28:14  
Ah. Well, I didn't like Alan Wake very much sooooooo....
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-02-06 12:29:00  
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:31:40  
Final Fantasy, Dead Space, Resident Evil, etc... all being dumbed down for the casual gamer.

Here I thought Dark Souls gets it, they aren't going to follow the path of every mistake every other company makes today. They will fill in what's missing in the gaming market today. ~.~ nope
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:33:30  
SE annoyed the *** outta me too with the whole "First strong female main character"
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-02-06 12:34:08  
I'll disagree with Final Fantasy personally...

Otherwise? Yeah. I really really hope From Soft doesn't drop the ball on this one.

At least I still have Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Legend of Zelda and Pokemon. :<
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-02-06 12:34:12  
all being dumbed down for the casual gamer.
I don't want to be blamed for Kali's hate! D:

Kali I promise I won't even buy these games you hate! ; ;
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:34:21  
Final Fantasy, Dead Space, Resident Evil, etc... all being dumbed down for the casual gamer.

Here I thought Dark Souls gets it, they aren't going to follow the path of every mistake every other company makes today. They will fill in what's missing in the gaming market today. ~.~ nope

Its horrible to see your favourite,life long pastime turned into a poor business choice to be whored over and over isnt it? :(
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-06 12:34:47  
I see chuuuuu

[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-02-06 12:35:16  
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-06 12:36:50  
And chespin's totally gonna be my starter for Pokemon X & Y <3

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:37:05  
I'll disagree with Final Fantasy personally...

Otherwise? Yeah. I really really hope From Soft doesn't drop the ball on this one.
How can you not :\

Take away online play, 11 isn't that interesting. 12 was good, but lacked a good story. 13 was good but is their main focus, and I can't really say anything about 14 offline play, the game is being remade~

I don't see how these last 10 years are better than the previous 10 to be honest.
First Page 2 3 ... 10051 10052 10053 ... 22712 22713 22714