users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Goldsmithing 50-60 help
Goldsmithing 50-60 help
 Fenrir.Catfire
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Catfire
By Fenrir.Catfire 2009-03-05 20:51:00  
hi i just was going to ask im a skill 53 goldsmithing what would you think would be the best way to get to 60? can anyone give me some tips? ive looked up alot of sites and most seem to cost very muchly i try to farm alot but it tends to take alot longer then i thought it would take. can someone help me?
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-05 21:28:04  
Same thing that I told the smithing. Those two crafts are expensive due to the cost of ingots. Mining and desynthing is your best bet, for goldsmithing, camping and farming gold orcmasks for ingots, or even better, growing gold and platinum nuggets from gardening. 6 nuggets and an ore will yield you an ingot, and you can pull 6-9 nuggets per pot. If you have an alchemist who can turn leaves into nuggets with panacea, that works too.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-03-05 21:59:59  
Kyaaadaa said:
Same thing that I told the smithing. Those two crafts are expensive due to the cost of ingots. Mining and desynthing is your best bet, for goldsmithing, camping and farming gold orcmasks for ingots, or even better, growing gold and platinum nuggets from gardening. 6 nuggets and an ore will yield you an ingot, and you can pull 6-9 nuggets per pot. If you have an alchemist who can turn leaves into nuggets with panacea, that works too.

i second this, also you can steal the Mythril Beastcoins in Davoi from the Orc Trooper "which drop the Gold Orcmasks" & the others orcs around to make Mythril Ingots, that way you can avoid their 80~100k cost & use thoses to skill up a little, its long & desynth the masks is aprox a 48%, drop rate can be a pain, i go DRK75/THF37 sometimes i get 1 mask every 2h, sometimes i get 10 masks in 1h.

You can also make gold ore with Gardening yes, but this need a good knowledge too.

Me i did this, from 50 to 55, i used to steal a lot of mythril beastcoin from the orcs in davoi while farming Gold Masks, i made somes stacks of gold ingots, i sold somes to afford somes materials "such as Stacks of pearls" & made pearl rings to skill up to 55, all i paid was the stacks of pearls, which was clearly afforded by Gold ingots & not even a stack, since thoses materials are 10 to 12k a stack, its very easy.

From 55 to 60, i started to use the gold ingots i had in store but i had to keep farming Gold Masks so it was weird & kinda long, but i been saving ton of money, i just made Gold Airpin, 1 wind + 1 gold ingot, which is caped at 55, i also used to desynth the Gold Airpin to try & get back 1 gold ingot to get more chance to skill up for free, then from there to 60 i used to make Mythril Cuisses which are capped at 61, back to steal the Mythril coins to make ingots & then sheets to be able to make cuisses.

Long process, really, but the point of skilling a craft is to make money, not to lose money, & trust me that way i made somes money "to afford somes materials yes" but also for my personal use, & i skilled up for free! but anyway if you are patient & want to save somes gils or can't afford the craft you better spend a lot of time in davoi farming mask & try to make ore by the way of gardening, seriously yu have nothing to lose, but somes money to save & gain.

I'm sorry for the bad english & my wall of text, but i really hope i helped you.

Cecil~
 Phoenix.Mayuri
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Ricard
By Phoenix.Mayuri 2009-03-05 22:17:36  
Don't rush goldsmithing or it will break you just take your time farming :) I spend one day a week farming when I get home from work hopefully can get a .1 if I'm lucky but doing this keeps goldsmithing profitable to me
 Fenrir.Catfire
By Fenrir.Catfire 2009-03-05 22:25:09  
god yea i farmed orc masks but man there sorry for drop rate made some gil off and i used to used it to make hairpins i was trying to farm beetle jaws to make claws and use the claws to make hydro claws and NPC them but that takes up alot of space to lol when you dont have alot to give ;p but yes i never reallty thought about doing mythril cuisses to 61 i tryed to desynths those just to see if i could and i broke them all the time and your english is ok lol look at me in a fast typer but heh i dont do sentences well lol
 Fenrir.Catfire
By Fenrir.Catfire 2009-03-05 22:28:03  
i even also thought about the nuggets i was going to start doing the platinum nuggets once i hit 60 and use them from ingots and ingots into rings and stuff
 Fenrir.Catfire
By Fenrir.Catfire 2009-03-05 22:29:35  
;..; took me afew months just got get 48-53 once you hit 51 skill ups like drops off hehe
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-03-05 22:32:21  
Catfire said:
god yea i farmed orc masks but man there sorry for drop rate made some gil off and i used to used it to make hairpins i was trying to farm beetle jaws to make claws and use the claws to make hydro claws and NPC them but that takes up alot of space to lol when you dont have alot to give ;p but yes i never reallty thought about doing mythril cuisses to 61 i tryed to desynths those just to see if i could and i broke them all the time and your english is ok lol look at me in a fast typer but heh i dont do sentences well lol

i seen you have THF75, this job is rarely usefull so make profit of it lol, keep going & farm in davoi, you will spend time for sure but its better than being broke to get a +0.1 sometimes, seriously you will lose nothing to be patient, & thx for your comment about my english. ^^
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-05 23:01:02  
As Cecilharvey said bust out your THF and farm the orc masks, steal a mithril coin, you will do fine. Get some furniture with Desynth support as well it helps tremendously.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-06 00:03:49  
The beastcoins is a valid option, and as an additive, if your looking for a somewhat wierder approach (i did this for my alchemy more than my GS, but it worked out anyway) I was killing golems in Beaucedine Glacier for their golem shards, and the gobs on the side. Mythril coins can be stolen from them, as well as mythril ore from the golems themselves. Not as fast, yeilded a bit of exp for my THF. Not particularly fast, but was of interesting note when i took a few stacks of mythril back to sell and buy more golem shards. I do not recommend this over the orcmasks tho, for obvious reasons.
 Unicorn.Emirii
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-03-10 09:58:30  
wow i was just about to post this! Glad I looked or i'd felt really dumb. Thanks for the advice! ^^b