users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Sidewinder Stat Prioritization
Sidewinder Stat Prioritization
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-02-01 10:27:20  
I know that sideiwnder is modded by Agi, Str, Ratk, and Racc, My question is which of these should i prioritize? specifically out of agi and str.
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-02-01 10:33:03  
RACC > STR > AGI > RATT
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-01 10:35:16  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
RACC > STR > AGI > RATT

Your Racc should be capped in almost every situation nowadays, so you can ignore it for the most part. Str will definitely help you a lot more than Agi.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-02-01 10:39:15  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
RACC > STR > AGI > RATT

Your Racc should be capped in almost every situation nowadays, so you can ignore it for the most part. Str will definitely help you a lot more than Agi.

No doubt Racc should be capped on nearly everything, but just make sure it is before you load up on STR. I read on wiki at some point that 100 TP Sidewinder is equivalent to -20 Racc instead of the normal +20 to +40 Racc boost that is normally found on most other weapon skills. -40 to -60 Racc isn't something to shrug off.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-01 10:41:32  
Isn't refulgent arrow better? I don't care much at all for RNG, never did, but I finished mine off last week and found the avg for Refulgent arrow to be a lot better than sidewinder.
 Odin.Hevans
サーバ: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2011-02-01 10:51:39  
str > rng att > rng acc > agi
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-01 10:54:11  
In abyssea I find that refulgent is usually equal to sidewinder at 100% (making it better due to no -acc penalty), and better than sidewinder at 200%+. If you are using multiple regain atmas (VV, Sea daughter) you should probably stick to refulgent so you are not wasting the extra TP that you will inevitably have.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-01 11:01:19  
Yeah that is what I was using, also sundering slash was pumping out so much ws
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-02-01 17:53:42  
actually, last night, my sidewinders and refutlant arrows were very close in damage, both were around 2800-3000 dmg @ 100tp. with berserk/warcry up both jumped to ~4000. thats where sidwinder capped. however, at 300tp, refut smacked out a 5957 dmg a mandy in Canyon [A], with zerk/warcry, no other buffs on me or debuffs on mob.
 Phoenix.Hagino
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-03 03:41:59  
why would you use sundering sash over sea daughter? i thought sundering sash was just att and not rng att?
 Odin.Ladyrikku
サーバ: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2011-02-03 04:18:21  
It has regain too iirc
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-03 05:58:16  
Odin.Ladyrikku said:
It has regain too iirc

Sea Daughter has 5tp/tic Regain also.

(Or were you saying that in agreement?)
 Bismarck.Calina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-02-03 07:18:32  
Phoenix.Hagino said:
why would you use sundering sash over sea daughter? i thought sundering sash was just att and not rng att?

Sundering sash if iam thinking of the right atma has +100tp on ws with 2handed weapon equiped(acts like hagun type weapons) so even 100 tp reflugent does more then sidewinder.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-02-03 08:28:49  
Bismarck.Calina said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:
Sundering sash if iam thinking of the right atma has +100tp on ws with 2handed weapon equiped(acts like hagun type weapons) so even 100 tp reflugent does more then sidewinder.
That is Smiting Blow. From what i'm told (not that I believe it or not) is that the TP bonus only applies to a WS used with a 2-hand weapon, i.e. staff, making it useless for rng. If that's true, i'll be very upset.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-03 08:36:29  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Bismarck.Calina said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:
That is Smiting Blow. From what i'm told (not that I believe it or not) is that the TP bonus only applies to a WS used with a 2-hand weapon, i.e. staff, making it useless for rng. If that's true, i'll be very upset.
Would be really easy to test with reflugent arrow. But the other atmas that say things like when 2nd weapon equipped work. Like griffon claw works. Also Smiting blow doesn't even specify that. Just tp bonus. It's the acc portion that specifies 2hd weapon

Which given how high a str mod reflugent has and how it's ftp actually becomes decent at 200% and same as sidewider at 300% it might be worth doing.

Also as said above racc is so easy to cap. But fstr 2 is rather easy to cap so gearing for str is kinda meh unless you are using reflugent. ratt/agi usually much more useful
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-03 09:08:53  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Bismarck.Calina said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:
Would be really easy to test with reflugent arrow. But the other atmas that say things like when 2nd weapon equipped work. Like griffon claw works. Also Smiting blow doesn't even specify that. Just tp bonus. It's the acc portion that specifies 2hd weapon

Which given how high a str mod reflugent has and how it's ftp actually becomes decent at 200% and same as sidewider at 300% it might be worth doing.

Also as said above racc is so easy to cap. But fstr 2 is rather easy to cap so gearing for str is kinda meh unless you are using reflugent. ratt/agi usually much more useful

I'm going to test out damage with reflugent with and w/o SB right now. It should work obviously, but I'm intrigued now.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-03 09:12:59  
Try to get as much ratt and str you can and use against crap mobs. If you succeed in capping fstr2 and pdif your dmg should be exactly the same with the same tp. While 100 to 200 would be another 41% dmg. What I'm really curious about is if it stacks with martial bow :). Then again it's only 17% increase from 200 to 300%... so griffon claw would be better and just use martial bow I guess...
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-03 09:26:44  
Didn't even read your post before doing it lol.

Used SB/Stout Arm. Fought EP worms in ugy-range abyysea. Didn't swap gear. Did 6 attacks for tp so I had... 118 tp per ws.

W/ SB:

W/o SB:

Very small sample size obviously, but the difference is massive. I'd say it works lol.
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-02-05 16:26:29  
i dont see how you could tell from that, the TP bonus has nothing to do with 2 handed weapons, only the WS accuracy bonus does :/
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 16:28:47  
Ragnarok.Matix said:
i dont see how you could tell from that, the TP bonus has nothing to do with 2 handed weapons, only the WS accuracy bonus does :/
Yeah not even sure why anyone thought the tp bonus would only be for 2handed weapons