In Game Pet Peeves.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-01-24 02:45:24  
Caitsith.Jessie said:
...and by the time we've settled in at Lv.99 I think we're going to see a really good balance of usefulness between each job.
That's so naively cute.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-24 03:09:13  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
People who come /nin for an abyssea AF3 seal NM, but none of the Ni elemental wheel spells to stagger yellow. (not the tools, the spells)

Yes.

Also bards that don't have all 8 elemental threnody songs, or don't know which one corresponds to each elemental day of the week.

I always /nin on sam and get em
I sadly relized you must LAND bard threnodies to get procs... Which is stupid hard on melee's. So /brd is null :/
Also... P*******... main brd... used all 8threnodys, we repeat the 3 needed like 4 times... 8th threnody proced....

/FACEPALM

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-24 03:20:16  
people without s/i items
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2011-01-24 03:27:04  
People who manage to play the game without ever looking at their chatlog. Having to repeatedly tell your mages to cure you or paralyna you. Explaining to everyone how a certain nm works and when not to melee, and finding out when you pop that not a single person listened. Basically my pet peeve is partying with people who i am surprised they figured out how to turn on their pc, let alone install the game load it up and accept a pt invite.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-24 03:28:44  
Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
People who manage to play the game without ever looking at their chatlog. Having to repeatedly tell your mages to cure you or paralyna you. Explaining to everyone how a certain nm works and when not to melee, and finding out when you pop that not a single person listened. Basically my pet peeve is partying with people who i am surprised they figured out how to turn on their pc, let alone install the game load it up and accept a pt invite.

Sky was the worst for that when all DD should jump off when a god 2hrs.

"Sorry, I didn't notice"

how the ***, it's big and wooshy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Caolan
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Echo13
By Lakshmi.Caolan 2011-01-24 03:30:21  
I don´t know why, but people having shout conversations in PJ is really grinding on me at the min, and it never used to.

Also Gukumatz, Heqet... 10-15 min repop, constantly camped, does my head in.
[+]
By Shiroineko 2011-01-24 03:33:22  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:
C, people who take the whole "lolJOB" thing too far. It's true that some jobs aren't the most useful in the game right now, but each update those jobs change, and by the time we've settled in at Lv.99 I think we're going to see a really good balance of usefulness between each job. Until then, though, seeing people openly mocked for playing jobs that they probably worked really hard on is just ridiculous.

When I say LOLPUP or LOLDRK I mean it. I won't invite those jobs.

"they probably worked really hard on"

Lol..

LolurPUP spicy! >:O rawr! jk :3
 Lakshmi.Caolan
By Lakshmi.Caolan 2011-01-24 03:47:59  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
The people who just afk and chill at the atma infusionist like a champ, like constantly there, you know who I'm talking about. You don't know how they're still there and who's getting time for them, but they're constantly there. They're the ones who make it so you lag and skip a page where your Razed Ruins or Gnarled Horn or Minikin is on, or even worse accidentally exiting while trying to get Atma of the Apocalypse or Roaring Laughter as they're almost on the last page.

Oh god I hear ya! Yesterday I was going to do a Turul and could not get the atmas I needed for the life of me, because two freaking SMN´s where standing at atma infusionist with Garuda, kept missing or exiting because it was lag central, luckily I got my atmas in time and pull Turul with only 10 seconds before piercing time was over.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Caolan
By Lakshmi.Caolan 2011-01-24 04:16:25  
Odin.Liela said:
Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
<call#> macros (Unless its pulling ones with <call 14> or any of the not so loud ones)

/emote & job emote macros...Yes the blm wings are cool but really please stop using them for EVERY SINGLE SPELL

Call macros irritate me too. And /p macros for normal stuff like curing, calling an avatar, raising someone, etc. I used to have a call in my pull macro, just because I would pull and run back to camp and the tank would be afk and it would annoy me. But having a call in it was annoying too, so I took it out. There's only one call macro I have now, and it is the absolute most annoying, loud, obnoxious, evil call ever. It's for my shadowbind macro on rng. I didn't used to have a call in it at all, but in my old sky ls I was rng every time to bind Sieryu and Suzaku for their 2hours. And every time, no joke, someone would break the bind. So I added a horrifying, ear-bleeding, rage-inducing call and started spamming the macro until the melees got off the mobs before I would bind. It was amazing and wonderful how fast people started getting off them for me after that. >.> But I don't really use that macro anymore, since I no longer do sky. Calls are evil.

Oh my god, you have no idea how often this happened in my LS lol Wish I had of pulled this trick, would have worked a treat ha ha love it
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-24 06:06:01  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
People put items up there for max gil so others cannot buy it and also to prevent them from accidentally dropping/selling it to an NPC, since items in your bazaar cannot be tampered with. Now I did hate when people had gallery bazaars in areas where a bunch of normal bazaars were, just to show off when others are clearly trying to sell stuff. Just clogging up the loading process ._.'

Also and perhaps more importantly given the items in question, people also do it to display items of sentimental value and/or to show items that display affection for/from others.
Do not want. Take that ***elsewhere.

Pet peeve: People displaying useless ***in their bazaar that nobody cares about.

I play this game with my RL wife and several RL friends and family. My wife and I display our matrimony bands. It's no different than simply not having the item you're looking for. You check bazaar, don't see anything you want, and go away. No harm, no foul.

My pet peeve? People who take this game too serious, and forget that some people actually *gasp* play this game for fun.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-24 07:11:12  
Caitsith.Jessie said:
C, people who take the whole "lolJOB" thing too far. It's true that some jobs aren't the most useful in the game right now, but each update those jobs change, and by the time we've settled in at Lv.99 I think we're going to see a really good balance of usefulness between each job. Until then, though, seeing people openly mocked for playing jobs that they probably worked really hard on is just ridiculous.

Lol..

We worked just as hard as anyone else pre-Abyssea. Even harder sometimes with because of ignorant mentality of players like you, since those jobs got fewer invites. I'd rather be a "loljob" than a bandwagon job any day.

You're a jobist(is that a word?) to the extreme. Not exactly an insult, but I'm calling it as I see it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Dionel
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Dionel
By Gilgamesh.Dionel 2011-01-24 07:22:40  
Caitsith.Jessie said:
When I say LOLPUP or LOLDRK I mean it. I won't invite those jobs. "they probably worked really hard on" Lol..
Maybe you failed at those jobs which is why you will never invite those any one who will level them?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-24 07:39:27  
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

Lol..

We worked just as hard as anyone else pre-Abyssea. Even harder sometimes with because of ignorant mentality of players like you, since those jobs got fewer invites. I'd rather be a "loljob" than a bandwagon job any day.

You're a jobist(is that a word?) to the extreme. Not exactly an insult, but I'm calling it as I see it.
For exp, sure, you have a point.

When trying to lowman things, I go for the minimal number of people required. If it's something where I'd have to add an extra person to lot on things, because job A can do it on its own but you need job B + job C to provide the same service, yes, job B can kiss my ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-24 08:23:47  
Huge. Gigantic. Biggest pet peeve ever.

People who ask me for advice on a topic that I'm more knowledgeable than them about, then argue with me about the advice that I give them.

Someone: "Should I use weapon X or weapon Y?"
Me: "Use weapon X, it has 20 more base damage and the same delay."
Someone: "But weapon Y absorbs 1-10TP some times, which saves me a hit to 100TP if it activates twice in a row!"
Me: "But it doesn't have 20 more base damage, and it procs infrequently."
Someone: "Fine, you don't understand. I'm using weapon Y."
Me (to myself): "Now why the hell would they even ask me the question?"

It's like, "Oh, I'm going to ask you a question but I want verification of my own incorrect hypothesis rather than the truth. You didn't give me the answer I want? Congrats on being wrong. Time to go gimp it up like all the other Unique players."
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-01-24 08:25:59  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
PPL who haven't updated their FFXIAH profiles since a server merge or jump (so they still only have lvl 75 jobs)... You guys are so cool.....

lol you are such a joke
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-24 08:38:21  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

When trying to lowman things, I go for the minimal number of people required. If it's something where I'd have to add an extra person to lot on things, because job A can do it on its own but you need job B + job C to provide the same service, yes, job B can kiss my ***.

You have a good point there. In that situation, you are going for what you need and no extra. DRK can proc a decent(admittedly not the best) number of things that would take both a WAR and a BLM to do separately. Sure, having a WAR and BLM on hand at all times would be optimal, but if there's none available, DRK can do Scythe, GS, Sword, and a couple(not all for blue !!) Dagger ws, and Dark Magic procs. I've been called on for a few situations like these and got the proc triggered the party couldn't have done without me.

Again, not optimal, but not useless either. Situational use is situational.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-24 08:39:12  
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

Lol..

being a "jobist" is perfectly valid and logical in the case that said jobs being discriminated against are actually of lower usefulness or value than the more desirable jobs (also assuming the more desirable jobs are available).
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-24 08:46:49  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

Lol..

being a "jobist" is perfectly valid and logical in the case that said jobs being discriminated against are actually of lower usefulness or value than the more desirable jobs (also assuming the more desirable jobs are available).
people say lolPUP until we outparse them and make them feel bad.

my in-game pet peeve, hell I dont know. Havent played in 3 months...

/thinks for a moment

I'm sure this has been said before, but people who /check others and mock them cz they dont have the SUPERDUPERULTRAL3371ST gear.
[+]
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-24 08:52:12  
Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said:
When people bazaar crap for 99,999,999 gil. I've been casually looking for a Genbu pop set as of late, and you'd be surprised how often I see this. Obviously no one is buying truelove chocolate or rocksalt for 100 mil. I don't get it...

^

Does my head in.

No one gives a FUUUUUUUUCK!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-24 08:53:38  
Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:

You should know by now that these people are cybering on Ventrilo or Skype. They aren't just ignoring you to irritate you. They're ignoring you because they're ogling or touching themselves.
I don't condone this, but I've been around long enough to know that's what's going on behind the scenes.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-24 08:53:54  
Fenrir.Havster said:
When people bazaar crap for 99,999,999 gil. I've been casually looking for a Genbu pop set as of late, and you'd be surprised how often I see this. Obviously no one is buying truelove chocolate or rocksalt for 100 mil. I don't get it...

^

Does my head in.

they wanna prove to their emotionally unstable insignificant other that they "love" them by having that stupid chocolate in their bazaar for 999999999 gil.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-24 08:55:26  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

people say lolPUP until we outparse them and make them feel bad.

my in-game pet peeve, hell I dont know. Havent played in 3 months...

/thinks for a moment

I'm sure this has been said before, but people who /check others and mock them cz they dont have the SUPERDUPERULTRAL3371ST gear.

PUPs are badass. I play with someone who's PUP does crazy ***. I think the issue is that they do a bunch of different stuff, and nobody can really slap a single role tag(Tank, DD, Healer, etc) on them, so they get scared and just mock it. I've been in parties where the PUP main healed, switched up to Nuke once we got a healer, and even tanked when necessary. Maybe they don't like being emasculated by a guy with a jester's cap and toy.

I don't play the job myself(can't afford automaton parts), but I respect anyone who's taken the time to make the job work well.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-24 08:58:30  
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
People put items up there for max gil so others cannot buy it and also to prevent them from accidentally dropping/selling it to an NPC, since items in your bazaar cannot be tampered with. Now I did hate when people had gallery bazaars in areas where a bunch of normal bazaars were, just to show off when others are clearly trying to sell stuff. Just clogging up the loading process ._.'

Also and perhaps more importantly given the items in question, people also do it to display items of sentimental value and/or to show items that display affection for/from others.
Do not want. Take that ***elsewhere.

Pet peeve: People displaying useless ***in their bazaar that nobody cares about.

I play this game with my RL wife and several RL friends and family. My wife and I display our matrimony bands. It's no different than simply not having the item you're looking for. You check bazaar, don't see anything you want, and go away. No harm, no foul.

My pet peeve? People who take this game too serious, and forget that some people actually *gasp* play this game for fun.
To reiterate:

You're still wasting my time. I play for fun as much as anyone else.

What I "don't" want to see when I look at someone's bazaar is tons of stuff put up for a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE price just so you can display it. I don't bother looking at gear so the matrimony bands mean nothing to me, but when you have something like an insect wing up for 6,789,435, that's when I just facepalm.

Nobody cares.
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-24 09:00:01  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Fenrir.Havster said:

^

Does my head in.

they wanna prove to their emotionally unstable insignificant other that they "love" them by having that stupid chocolate in their bazaar for 999999999 gil.

QFT lol
[+]
 Asura.Kresaera
サーバ: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2011-01-24 09:01:53  
Asura.Echandra said:
What drives me nuts....
1. How about all the damn people who stand around afk at the Abyssea npcs and lag everyone out.
YES. I completely understand that you need to stand there ALL day so the moment you get online, you can pick up your last stone because you still don't know how to manage time in Abyssea.
2. People non stop shouting what they are 'interested in' or shouts for boss/cac wins.
/shout WHM head paper can I have it? please invite me
/shout Glavoid win Can I have it? Sippoy / Rani / Raja win can I have it?
No pop set? Nothing to contribute? I guess I should still go out of my way and make a slot for them in my party to make their dreams come true. Lazy *** Asurans.

lmao! Sitting here reading this, again semi-afk in jeuno, I saw this about every other shout! This one gets to me too.

I work all the damn time, I have 2 days to get my ***done and I don't shout for freebies!
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-24 09:17:02  
Ramuh.Laffter said:

To reiterate:

You're still wasting my time. I play for fun as much as anyone else.

What I "don't" want to see when I look at someone's bazaar is tons of stuff put up for a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE price just so you can display it. I don't bother looking at gear so the matrimony bands mean nothing to me, but when you have something like an insect wing up for 6,789,435, that's when I just facepalm.

Nobody cares.

I apologize for the 3 precious seconds it took. I didn't waste any of your time, you took that gamble the minute the decided to look at someone's bazaar. You wasted your own time. Wouldn't be any different if I was selling some kind of ancient currency you currently didn't need. Take a look, nothing of interest, move on.

Also, like others have said, it's to safegaurd the item a little bit. I won't accidentally drop it or npc it when I'm cleaning out my inventory if it's in my bazaar. I could just put it in my MH, but the defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. Having "inventory space -1" is actually funny understatement to being married...
[+]
 Asura.Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2011-01-24 09:22:03  
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
People who come /nin for an abyssea AF3 seal NM, but none of the Ni elemental wheel spells to stagger yellow. (not the tools, the spells)

lol I bought those specifically for the trigger spells and it's the only time I've ever used them.
[+]
 Asura.Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2011-01-24 09:25:24  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
PPL who haven't updated their FFXIAH profiles since a server merge or jump (so they still only have lvl 75 jobs)... You guys are so cool.....
Me personally, I just like to keep all my posts on one character.
Cerberus.Stefanos said:
But I still keep mine updated, somewhat.

i see what you did there

Also, about the bazaars and the significant other things, I play the game with my RL husband too and I display a peice of Love Chocolate that he made me when he was leveling cooking. I also have other random stuff in there at normal prices. What drives me nuts is when I see something I actually want to buy for 10x the actual going price. Like Aero IV for 1,000,000 or something.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21