In Game Pet Peeves.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-25 22:40:27  
Nah, I'd have no issue with you if you didn't approach your arguments and reasonings with the idea that your mental capacity is above all those around you. Maybe thats why your computer and video games are your best friends, or maybe thats the reason you have zero to none real friends, which I might characterize by the Websters definition of a being with a heartbeat. Maybe thats why you excel at events such as speech and debate, in which competitors place themselves upon a pedestal of intellectual superiority that, even though it may be well deserved, often costs its participants more than is gains them, as its reputation is tarnished by those who utilize the program to inflate their own egos further than need be. Just saying. Am I scared of your rhetoric? No. Am I nervous by the issues you present? No. The only thing I'm worried about is the last day of my senior year when Paul Tawfik has finally unraveled under the pressure of his peers to "fit in" and behave to social norms, in other words, developing the filters needed by successful real world participants to excel in situations involving other humans. So go ahead, be the next Bill Gates, there's only been one so far. Good luck.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-01-25 23:37:47  
Whm who use Cure5/6 when the person lost 200 HP.

Even worse: Whm who use cure5/6 when the PLD lost 200 HP.
[+]
 Asura.Luchtaine
サーバ: Asura
user: Luchtaine
By Asura.Luchtaine 2011-01-25 23:38:09  
Chests de-popping due to lazy key ***.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-01-25 23:39:29  
Cerberus.Nutt said:

~People who examine me and don't say hello or comment. I'll even take an emote.

~People who repeatedly examine me.

Filter it. End of peeve.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-26 00:19:54  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:

We do that because it gives the person a much stronger stoneskin effect meaning less dmg taken which is less enmity lost on their part

This. Also they have less of a chance of dying from insert-random-tp move. In fact, I'm such a cool kid, I Cure V/VI when my tank is at 100% health. Moonshadow would *** hate me~

Protip: No one needs to manage MP at 90.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-26 01:06:32  

Inside Abyssea it's a non-issue, get a good refresh atma and you don't need to worry about your MP pool.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-26 01:19:52  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
My pet peeve is that beast pets always de-charm at the worst times x_x

We are in 2011.

All my jobs are merited, I need to abyssea leech something that would require no skill ups what so ever D:

Edit: No ***on the year, srsly.

Nothing is charmed anymore.

Levels 1-30 Says Hi :)

Those levels matter?

It does when your getting a job ready for Abyssea Burn. But hell whatever man. You'll find any way to poke holes in my post just to troll them. I guess that's how FFXIAH goes.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-26 01:29:06  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
My pet peeve is that beast pets always de-charm at the worst times x_x

We are in 2011.

All my jobs are merited, I need to abyssea leech something that would require no skill ups what so ever D:

Edit: No ***on the year, srsly.

Nothing is charmed anymore.

Levels 1-30 Says Hi :)

Those levels matter?

It does when your getting a job ready for Abyssea Burn. But hell whatever man. You'll find any way to poke holes in my post just to troll them. I guess that's how FFXIAH goes.

TBH my first idea of what you were saying was not 1-30. TBH it can be slower to charm the first 9 or 10 levels instead of just meleeing.

Dunno dude, lowbie levels just suck since tasting the sweet ambrosia known as Abyssea. The few hours you can spend grinding from say 25-30. In a Party as key *** you can hit level 50 or higher.

I've been lazy when it came to getting all my jobs 30+
IMO something I should have done awhile ago. I feel bad for new players who don't have the cruor for keys and such.

Some guy was trying to make an E-Ron Static to level 60.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-01-26 01:54:41  
When people brew stuff like Raja, Alfard, Azdaja, Dragua, or anything that really isn't Shinryu or Rani(when ***has really hit the fan).

Also +s to all the stuff about soloists being morons. I hate hate hate watching soloers in abyssea.

Also people who assume that you cap everything in Abyssea. Like accuracy or attack. That kind of thinking is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There are plenty of NMs where you need more accuracy and/or more attack. Not the majority of things, no, but there are plenty of things where you aren't capped. Crit rate doesn't have a tested/known cap. Crit damage does, get it straight.

People who TP with Kclubs or OAT weapons on NMs. I hate TP feeds.

Last but not least... People who abyssea burn jobs and are skilled and only skilled at the current usage for them. It really pisses me off to see people who would have never touched NIN when you actually had to be good at it now fawning over it and getting Kannagis and acting like they're hot ***. Same thing goes for other jobs, like Monk, Warrior, etc. You have the gear, you've got the level, and hell you've even got the skills up to par, but you don't have the experience. Yet, you act like you do. These people try to tell people(some careered in said jobs) how to play their job. It's the most insulting thing I've ever seen.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 02:00:45  
Asura.Vyre said:
When people brew stuff like Raja, Alfard, Azdaja, Dragua, or anything that really isn't Shinryu or Rani(when ***has really hit the fan).

Also +s to all the stuff about soloists being morons. I hate hate hate watching soloers in abyssea.

Also people who assume that you cap everything in Abyssea. Like accuracy or attack. That kind of thinking is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There are plenty of NMs where you need more accuracy and/or more attack. Not the majority of things, no, but there are plenty of things where you aren't capped. Crit rate doesn't have a tested/known cap. Crit damage does, get it straight.

Last but not least... People who abyssea burn jobs and are skilled and only skilled at the current usage for them. It really pisses me off to see people who would have never touched NIN when you actually had to be good at it now fawning over it and getting Kannagis and acting like they're hot ***. Same thing goes for other jobs, like Monk, Warrior, etc. You have the gear, you've got the level, and hell you've even got the skills up to par, but you don't have the experience. Yet, you act like you do. These people try to tell people(some careered in said jobs) how to play their job. It's the most insulting thing I've ever seen.

[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-26 02:19:13  
Current Pet Peeve: People who will let outside players get seals or other items but won't let them join the party to help kill. I don't know if they think we're going to screw something up, but...if you can communicate, which was the first foundation to making a deal with giving out such seals/items, then just tell the guess what to do and what not to do. Most players aren't THAT stupid these days. At least, I hope not. >_>

Asura.Vyre said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but some people actually are unfortunate enough to not have many friends to rely on, even if they are good players and good people, for help with certain NMs. So they get pick-up groups for completing storyline quests and then pick up brews for the NMs no one needs. Who wants to do Smok willingly anyway, besides DRKs and RNGs?

Quote:
They're not going to have enough resources for weakness procs, sure. There's all kinds of wrong with that. But, If you're standing around watching soloists, you should be doing something else anyway like building up time extensions.

Quote:
1. Voracious Violet Atma
2. Razed Ruins Atma
3. ???
4. PROFIT

Quote:

lolOAT2-4 and KClub!

Quote:
>implying that you can't be mentored by someone else who has played a job more than they have. So what? If they're skilled enough to even play the job right then what's the problem? If they suck, well, yeah, they suck. This isn't new either.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-01-26 04:41:44  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Current Pet Peeve: People who will let outside players get seals or other items but won't let them join the party to help kill. I don't know if they think we're going to screw something up, but...if you can communicate, which was the first foundation to making a deal with giving out such seals/items, then just tell the guess what to do and what not to do. Most players aren't THAT stupid these days. At least, I hope not. >_>
Asura.Vyre said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but some people actually are unfortunate enough to not have many friends to rely on, even if they are good players and good people, for help with certain NMs. So they get pick-up groups for completing storyline quests and then pick up brews for the NMs no one needs. Who wants to do Smok willingly anyway, besides DRKs and RNGs?
Quote:
They're not going to have enough resources for weakness procs, sure. There's all kinds of wrong with that. But, If you're standing around watching soloists, you should be doing something else anyway like building up time extensions.
Quote:
1. Voracious Violet Atma 2. Razed Ruins Atma 3. ??? 4. PROFIT
Quote:
lolOAT2-4 and KClub!
Quote:
>implying that you can't be mentored by someone else who has played a job more than they have. So what? If they're skilled enough to even play the job right then what's the problem? If they suck, well, yeah, they suck. This isn't new either.
I like how you ignored what I am annoyed by, and for seemingly no reason attacked me. Trying to start an argument for no reason? I'm not wasting my time with that. This is a QQ your heart-out thread, so I did.
[+]
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2011-01-26 08:14:06  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl[quote said:
Quote:
implying that you can't be mentored by someone else who has played a job more than they have. So what? If they're skilled enough to even play the job right then what's the problem? If they suck, well, yeah, they suck. This isn't new either.

I read this peeve as people who don't have the first clue how to use said job OUTSIDE of Abyssea. (Find somebody who leveled whm in abyssea only, and tell me they could do a decent job in the rest of the world.) Its more of the same bandwagoning that has gone on for years (like a guy I know who is upset that nobody wants his brd anymore, even though he leveled it just to get colibri invites)

I get the same sick feeling seeing blu's that don't know how to self-SC, or where to find a mob family to learn one of the 98 spells they don't have.
 Alexander.Varistor
サーバ: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2011-01-26 08:57:48  
Diabolos.Wrayth said:
Ok this one really gets me and i'm sure its happened to everyone especially in LS chat you ask a question and nothing not even a GTFO and stop asking questions just nothing I don't care if the answer is NO!!!! just give me the dam answer.

Ya, i believe this is my #1. I get so tired of being ignored. All I ever ask for is the respect to get an answer. if you are busy, then just say hang on. takes 3 seconds to type that. It amazes me how disrespectful people are at times in my LS to their own LS mates. I have one of them B-listed right now for being a *** to me for no reason other than to be a ***. I treat people with respect, even though most times they don't deserve it, and expect the same in return.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-26 09:33:24  
my pet peeve this time concerns Dynamis. ITs already a boring *** event if people aren't getting *** raped left and right, so I had the tendency to go on random rants about anything and everything. My peeve was the LS leaders who felt like they were the moral compass in a sea of debauchery would tell me to chill out. Then I'd go real quiet, to the point that people wonder if I was still around.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-26 09:46:46  
Rustytiger said:

when people do not respond to questions being asked by others in a party, alliance, and ls. I don't care if its a yes or no answer, just say something! Piss poor communication doesn't help anybody at all.

No kidding, right?
I've never understood why some (a lot) of FFXI players are so anti-communication. It's a freakin' multi-player game ... you kinda need to communicate. If you don't want to communicate, what are you doing playing FFXI?
It isn't too difficult to answer questions with a simple "yes", "no", or even "maybe".

Rustytiger said:

talking "net speak", "Leet speak" whatever the hell you want to call it. It doesn't bother me too much now since I've had people help me translate it but if I hear you using it in your latest HS or College book report (essay, thesis, etc) which I DID hear and is true a few times in events, something is really wrong with you.

Agreed. I've been preaching this for some time now. People have become so engrossed in their net/leet-speak that the slang is awkwardly spilling over into their non-PC-based "real lives". What cracks me up the most are the people who claim "oh, I just use internet slang/memes on the internet, and I don't have any problem switching back to normal language when I need to."

Yeah, right. I believe that as much as I believe people who claim they only smoke cigarettes when they're out drinking.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-26 09:48:46  
Asura.Bluespoons said:
When I'm running through Upper Jeuno to the WG warp guy and I hit the ONE spot in the whole gd zone that's a little glitchy thing. You know the place that pops up and stops you dead in your tracks and you have to spin all around to gtfo of it? Yeah, that PoS. The *** is up with that?

Yeah!!
I've noticed that same thing. Right in the middle of the walkway, just a few yalms away from the Whitegate-warp NPC.

I thought it was just my PC screwing up. Guess not. I'm somewhat relieved.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-26 10:00:13  
Cerberus.Sonoma said:
1.) People that think they are above all others in this game, who will ignore you just cause they judge you by your gear. Like they got everything they have solo.

Totally have to agree with you here. A whole lot of FFXI players have abandoned the concepts of gratitude and humility.

Cerberus.Sonoma said:

2.) People that have to correct you for every word you spell wrong in this game, I mean wtf does it matter if we don't spell the word right or we abbreviate ours words?? 9/10 times you all know wtf we are saying here. It's a dam game, we're not here taking a spelling test.

And ... going to 100% disagree with you here.
In your defense, your spelling skills are pretty good.
But spelling (etc.) is a basic building block of written communication. Is it ABSOLUTELY necessary? No.

Atfer all, it's posislbe for the hmuan biran to raed tihs.

However, proper spelling serves two important functions:
1. Increases the efficiency of communication (less receiver interpretation errors, less re-reading required), and
2. Makes an impression upon the reader that you are intelligent and/or educated.

Even though it's impossible for everyone to have impeccable spelling all the time, it would be GREAT if everyone could use these English words correctly ...

too vs. two vs. to
your vs. you're
there vs. their vs. they're
threw vs. through
and in your case here ...
dam vs. damn
(sorry, couldn't resist)
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-26 10:00:46  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
When I'm running through Upper Jeuno to the WG warp guy and I hit the ONE spot in the whole gd zone that's a little glitchy thing. You know the place that pops up and stops you dead in your tracks and you have to spin all around to gtfo of it? Yeah, that PoS. The *** is up with that?

Yeah!!
I've noticed that same thing. Right in the middle of the walkway, just a few yalms away from the Whitegate-warp NPC.

I thought it was just my PC screwing up. Guess not. I'm somewhat relieved.

HA! I am so glad to hear it's not me! I feel like just a moron when I can't manage to just... freaking.... walk!
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-26 10:04:12  

Even worse:
Players who take the time to actually criticize the WHM for casting Cure III or IV when it's totally unnecessary to cast Cure V or VI.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-26 10:04:32  
I have mixed feelings about being 100% grammatically correct in-game.

If you're just idle, then I encourage typing the best way possible. If it's in the middle of an intense fight, then just try your best to get the message out in great haste yet making it clear enough that we would understand it without tilting our heads to the side for five minutes.

I understand not everyone can type fast.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-26 10:04:59  

EDIT: Apparently I posted a blank post? Cool beans..

Yep. And no you've gone and ruined it. Thanks a lump!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-26 10:06:46  
I could care less how you type as long its not that ignorant ***lil kids type or if you just don't make any sense.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-26 10:14:35  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I have mixed feelings about being 100% grammatically correct in-game.

If you're just idle, then I encourage typing the best way possible. If it's in the middle of an intense fight, then just try your best to get the message out in great haste yet making it clear enough that we would understand it without tilting our heads to the side for five minutes.

I understand not everyone can type fast.

Yeah, that's true. If it's a heated battle and you need to blurt stuff out quickly in order to avoid a disaster, then sure, spelling errors will happen under those circumstances, and that's no big deal.

What I'm talking about (mainly) is people screwing up spelling in casual conversation ... and especially in /shout. The amount of /shout spelling errors I see is ridiculous.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21