In Game Pet Peeves.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-01-24 17:32:30  
A pet peeve of mine is the time of day a major update or game maintenance takes place. Does it always need to be during NA prime-time on one of my days off? /lesigh~

Another pet peeve of mine is when I receive a random /tell written out in all Japanese. I hate how they just assume I'm Japanese and understand what they're saying. If I don't know someone and I need to send them a /tell, I use auto-translate and not just assume they're English speaking.

Though it seems one English thing they do understand is 'Next ok?' when they want to pop a NM, but ignore you when you ask the same question~ >.>
[+]
 Sylph.Gredival
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-01-24 17:35:50  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

I know you meant well and it's fine but god I lol'd at having haste gear and slow gear on at the same time

I don't even know where you're looking since my equipped gear doesn't even fully show since the community site hasn't updated with Heroes items :/
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-01-24 18:09:45  
Sylph.Gredival said:
Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
#7 Elitists like this guy ^

#1 scrubs like this pink THF ^

#8 guys who spy on ur profile and then think they know somethin.

Maybe i lvl'd thf to easily cap parry eva and dagger for my main job.
and maybe just maybe i didnt want to spend a whole lot of time and money perfectly gearing a job i was just using for skill ups.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-01-24 18:31:27  
I hate when I decide to go do something and almost every time there's a group there, that just started, and need to kill the NM 10 times to get a key item for everyone in their group.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-24 18:32:52  
getting the motivation to go farming but realize there's like 15 people in the zone all doing everything you wanna do.
[+]
 Ifrit.Herc
サーバ: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-01-24 19:10:23  
When Non-Japanese players (mainly elitists) use "w" instead of lol..
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-01-24 19:10:41  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
If a dnc is outhealing a whm in abyssea, the person in your party is most likely a down's syndrome patient. Unless by healer, you mean smn/whm or something.

By this, I mean the healers are too lazy to do anything. Or bots. Or they just dont have the spells. Either way abyssea is 98% stupid players who dont know how to play. At least on quetz where the only decent players were the ones from midgar merge
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-01-24 19:11:58  
5. Quetz ._.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-24 19:13:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Dijana said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
If a dnc is outhealing a whm in abyssea, the person in your party is most likely a down's syndrome patient. Unless by healer, you mean smn/whm or something.

By this, I mean the healers are too lazy to do anything. Or bots. Or they just dont have the spells. Either way abyssea is 98% stupid players who dont know how to play. At least on quetz where the only decent players were the ones from midgar merge
That would be based on player than not by job, so don't rly see what job would have to do with it here.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-01-24 19:16:35  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

That would be based on player than not by job, so don't rly see what job would have to do with it here.

Then I will change that pet peeve to lazy players who dont know how to play
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2011-01-24 19:33:09  
1. Xarcabard. This zone screws with my orientation all the time. I have to open the map like every 5 seconds or I get lost.

2. Players who don't have maps to basic areas, then start whining "where are you" after you start running.

3. Players that won't team up for trial weapons. I felt bad enough the one time I didn't accept invite, but only because I had 2 kills left to go so didn't think it was worth the effort.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2011-01-24 19:34:45  
Caitsith.Jessie said:
My pet peeve is when people refer to Paladin as "PAL" instead of "PLD".

Don't forget "SUM" instead of "SMN."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2011-01-24 19:48:27  
1. no level requirement in abby
2. asshats that say lol<job>
3. people that cry about people full-timeing gear when you can just go load up on atma in abby
4. the no-life loser that cry's about the .3 difference the gear-swap macro would make after all the atma
5. someone actully bitching about ppl playing drunk or stoned....cmon man >.> ,sounds like you need to hit this blunt then play this ***.
6. the lack of good consule rpg's in the last 7-8 years making me play ff11 all the time.

hope i didnt miss anything, im gonna go get drunk and show up late for my next event on my lolpup and full-time some of that pink gear.
[+]
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2011-01-24 22:05:48  
#1. Repeating myself in events.

#2. People who cant read and follow strategy.

#3. People who say they cant afford sneak & invis meds/tools, yet want to do end game.

#4. People who bring rl drama to /p or /l chat.

#5. People who don't show up to events or show up on time and then QQ when they don't get said wins/items they wanted. Like we are supposed to cancel an event for 1 person.

/blist {You can have this.}
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-24 22:08:43  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said:
1. no level requirement in abby
2. asshats that say lol<job>
3. people that cry about people full-timeing gear when you can just go load up on atma in abby
4. the no-life loser that cry's about the .3 difference the gear-swap macro would make after all the atma
5. someone actully bitching about ppl playing drunk or stoned....cmon man >.> ,sounds like you need to hit this blunt then play this ***.
6. the lack of good consule rpg's in the last 7-8 years making me play ff11 all the time.

hope i didnt miss anything, im gonna go get drunk and show up late for my next event on my lolpup and full-time some of that pink gear.
7. no life losers that qq and pull the rl card on a videogame forum
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-24 22:11:49  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said:

Sounds like you need to get the *** out of my party.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-01-24 22:12:31  
4. I hate jobists..okay I know some jobs are better than others at specific things but the loljob thing really gets to me...mostly because of this reason-

Back in the day when I was lvling my dnc, had to listen to people complain, including my own BF saying things like 'I wish you could just hurry and finish your dnc so you can start on something USEFUL and I dont have to deal with it anymore'...well nowadays my dnc sees the most action, in abyssea I tend to outdo the healers, tanks, pullers etc, often at the same time, and I cant even rub it in his face that my DNC is now more desired by people than his PLD ):

Lol

Lol I love this. quetz(Midgard) DNC unite!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-24 22:16:06  
Bismarck.Yuzumoo said:
A pet peeve of mine is the time of day a major update or game maintenance takes place. Does it always need to be during NA prime-time on one of my days off? /lesigh~

Another pet peeve of mine is when I receive a random /tell written out in all Japanese. I hate how they just assume I'm Japanese and understand what they're saying. If I don't know someone and I need to send them a /tell, I use auto-translate and not just assume they're English speaking.

Though it seems one English thing they do understand is 'Next ok?' when they want to pop a NM, but ignore you when you ask the same question~ >.>
I'm sure we do that to Japanese players plenty of times as well, hell I know i've done it more than once.
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2011-01-24 22:50:40  
People who quit the game and then jump on various forums and try to act all anarchist, calling everyone out.
Example: "Dis gaMe suX ya'll should quit and get a REaL LifE!!!!"

My reply:
"Isn't this the same game you were addicted to yourself for the past MILLION days of playtime? You quit that's nice, now GTFO and let those of us who still enjoy the game play in peace."
[+]
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-01-24 23:26:04  

Cerberus.Tidis said:
Bismarck.Yuzumoo said:

I'm sure we do that to Japanese players plenty of times as well, hell I know i've done it more than once.

Eh, maybe you do, which is fine. But speaking from my own experience, I use auto-translate when I first talk to someone I don't know. If I find out later that the person speaks English, obviously I will write normally then. But I just don't like when people assume otherwise.

I have found myself lately using {Japanese} {I don't know} and it gets annoying after a while. Thus, my pet peeve :P
By Spartanxi 2011-01-25 00:11:10  
i know by now its expected but people who rage when your missing one item and that you must be terrible without it... im assuming most everyone hates these people since theyr generally wrong... back when i first hit 75 people raged day and night when i didnt have fowling earring... i had my bushi on and not a second earring and therefore i must be terrible when in the end of it all wasnt true
 Diabolos.Daddyx
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2011-01-25 05:13:39  
My only real peeves are AH related:

-Bidding on something you need before you head out to do something, like pots/powders/etc and seeing "You were unable to buy the 12 Pinches of Prism Powders for 20,000 gil" when it's been the going price for two days and you've already moved down to Silent Oils to bid on them next. It's not that I mind paying a little extra, it's just that I'm usually in a hurry and don't really have the time to finagle because someone decided to put them up for 20,001. Or even worse, getting out to where you're going and not finding said item in your inventory, scrolling up to see the same message, after you thought you had grabbed a stack.. (though this doesn't happen to me very often these days, but it used to.)

-Synthesis materials being sold out on the AH because people list them for less than what they vendor for, and people scooping them up and making a few quick bucks by running ten steps to a vendor and selling it, thus wiping it off the AH. (ohaiUrushi) I've done it too (buying items to vendor them), you can't blame the guy smart enough to snag free gil, but c'mon people.. learn what stuff vendors for before you take a 2k loss on an item and make a crafter have to mule 3x to hopefully find an item up in a city somewhere.

The rest of the stuff I can deal with, it's never bothered me what jobs people play / gear they wear / race they play. It takes all types, right? :D
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-25 05:37:50  
Some recent pet peeves:

People who complain about Japanese parties never teaming up over NM's/titles/etc and then those same people being asshats when asked to team up.

Popping chests when leeches are doing nothing/afk.

People shouting for a fight/title they want but not bothering to farm pop items, offer money or set-up the party. "Blah blah fight I'm interested, invite me".

[+]
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-01-25 05:46:18  
People who get impatient with n00bs and won't help them. Instead of answering their questions, they just keep repeating "it's on wiki!". A lot of new people don't know what the wiki site is, or they don't have access to a PC, orrrr they could just be trying to be social in an MMORPG and get people to quit standing around watching shouts in WG or Port Jeuno.

People who do shouts for a run for damn difficult quest or missing (think Ark Angels/Divine Might) and when members of the alliance ask repeatedly if there's anything they should know about this beforehand, they don't tell alliance members to check a certain spot for a certain cutscene so half the alliance doesn't get their earring and stands around for 15 minutes after the fight is over wondering why their item didn't drop, then all of a sudden, the alliance leader says "It tells you on Wiki what you had to do". Well maybe that certain player wasn't on a pc, maybe his wife was on the pc and didn't think to look up Divine Might for him and tell him what to do because she thought someone competent was leading the alliance and would give everyone the knowledge they needed. ***.

ahem...sorry, needed to get that off my chest. happened to someone I know.../rageoff.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-01-25 06:01:13  
You sir are illiterate if you couldn't read through the lines. I was on the computer at the time my husband was doing DM trying to rid this POS of some gd std it got from whoring around with other computers. These "annoying people" you talk about may not always have access to a pc. If someone is putting together a run like this, it is a leader's responsibility to ensure that all alliance members know what is going on. When the first question was asked, he should have either told the alliance members what to do or referred them to Wiki. I have no problem with people telling higher level players to go to Wiki seeing as they should be intimately familiar with it, it's just the general attitude of everyone for themselves and no one really wants to help anyone else anymore.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21