2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kamome vs 2-4 multi-hit katana
Kamome vs 2-4 multi-hit katana
First Page 2
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-01-21 18:59:16  
Heya every1 ^^

I wanna ask to those math masters about how these 2 parse each other in these 2 situations on both jin/hi:

Kannagi/kamome - 2-4 katana / XX / Fire Bomblet
Iga +2 / Agasaya / Suppa / Brutal
af1 body / dusk / brutal / heed
iga / swift / iga +2 / iga +2

Situation A would be just with that haste gear, who would be better?

Situation B would be with double march/haste.

Thanks in advance :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-21 19:03:52  
Kamome, both situations, by miles. I really can't emphasize how bad OA2-4 is enough.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 19:21:34  
By the way, unless either of the 2 weapons have haste on it, haste in gear, or spell etc will make 0 difference in the comparison.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-01-21 19:32:55  
Thanks for the fast replies ^^

I just wanted to know before doing the trial becuase its really.. really long and boring (hello wamoura stage).

Just wondered because a long long time ninja from my shell really "recommended" me this weapon to the point of putting kamome offhand (with lets say hocho main) as lower choice compared to kamome/2-4.

Thanks for all ^^
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-01-21 20:04:18  
Oh another question (just to evade doing another thread)

I currently use RR/eve/gnarled horn usually when im on DD/tanking stuff, dont have apoc yet but plan on having it in the next few days.

I know Sanguine scythe's crit+ dmg is really good, but does the atma shines against EVE? i've tried it once and the WSs are almost the same (eyeballing here, no parse to prove it) but SS hp buff would really help my poor taru HP, so thinking on switching to that @ tanking purposes (and mainly in general).

Thanks again!!
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:07:33  
By eve do you mean Atma of the Voracious Violet? Also SS isn't that great when paired with RR since it kinda overcaps you. You'd get more out of increasing your crit rate
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-01-21 20:18:25  
Yeah Voracious violet atma, ill just main use EVE/RR/horn til i get apoc, the swap eve for apocalypse.

thanks ^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:26:03  
Alpha and omega is pretty comparable DD wise to apoc. Especially if you are needing the att which you will with kanagi ws. Dark depths would also be good to bump your crit rate to 95% and give a little evasion and agi.

Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 20:38:30  
the -25% would worry me esp since he should be tanking a good portion of the time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-21 20:40:57  
Just use Apoc. Dark Depths is an useless atma and AO will hurt your hp.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-01-21 20:41:38  
Ill give it a shot @ alpha and omega tied with gnarled/RR, tomorrow prolly @ briareus farming.

Dont like the -25%HP idea (im taru) but dont have a lot of risk in there really, got around 2.2k HP with all the HP atmas (missing 1, the one from the skeleton).

Dark dephts dont have yet, need salvage clears but would work on that one, the AGI would also help Hi in the future i think.

Thanks ^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:43:21  
Dark depths is far from useless. It gives as much crit rate as GH about as much evasion in the end. And you can't just use an atma you don't have :)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-21 20:48:08  
Well, true, I should have worded that better:
Use A&O, unless you really need that hp. once you get it, apoc, not just for TA but for quick magic.
As for Dark Depths.....
Blade: Hi's critical hit rate also "varies by tp", so you wouldn't fully benefit from Dark Depths.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:52:20  
Also while technically using A&O hurts your hp technically not using SS does too.

As far as blade:Hi is there any testing out there to show if 100% actually gives you greater than normal melee crit hit rate? I know it definitely improves my evisceration dmg enough to notice. Though personally I like it for that whole melee dps thing which is where I end up doing most my hate keeping
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 20:55:12  
didn't read all of this, but AoA >>>>> DD
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 21:02:44  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also while technically using A&O hurts your hp technically not using SS does too.

Thats really bad logic, lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-21 21:02:59  
Except that, as a NIN, SS barely does anything for damage.
edit: does nothing if you ws in loki's, and it's just a +5% damage increase if you use AF3 bodies.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-21 22:11:04  
2-4 is good for fast proc single hand staggers
^what?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-21 22:19:51  
Sanguine Scythe only helps Critical hit damage.
RR/Kamome/Qirmiz is 43.5ish% critical hit damage, and it caps at 50%, so SS wouldn't help much. Using Loki's adds another 5%, making Sanguine Scythe an hp atma for NIN.
 Gilgamesh.Dsf
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Dsf1
By Gilgamesh.Dsf 2011-01-21 22:45:39  
My question for OP is how do you get a brutal ring?? It must go nice with your brutal earring. I needz me sum! Lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-21 22:52:33  
He must have meant Epona's ring
 Gilgamesh.Dsf
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Dsf1
By Gilgamesh.Dsf 2011-01-22 06:27:48  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
He must have meant Epona's ring

Yeah I thought so too. Just no one else pointed that out and I thought someone should lol. My opinion on the topic though Kamome > OA 2-4. Most of your melee damage is crits now thanks to RR,VV, etc. Raising you crit damage, not only in melee but also in WS's, seems like an excellent way to pump out more damage rather than aiming for more TP faster and feeding the mob you're fighting more TP.
 Cerberus.Quintow
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-01-22 06:39:05  
Ugh. Not to sound like an idiot or annoying or whatever but why is oa2-4 seemingly 'eclipsed' by kamome? I guess a couple Q's like:
With capped subtle blow are we really putting tp feed into this?
Do the oa2-4 really stack with dbl/trip att., even atma's that add dbl/trip?
Does the kamome offhanded add crit dmg+ to both normal melee hits for the main-hand as well as mainhand jin/hi dmg?
Why wouldn't oa2-4 with its superior tp gain outperform kamome? Cant more swings = more crits too?

Plz don't flame me im trying to understand, trying to be a better ninja.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-01-22 08:06:31  
Inside abyssea kamome will win hands down for just about any situation. Outside there are times where OA2-4 is useful if soloing for getting more hp back from drain samba as well as the increaced tp gain to keep up with waltzs though... just have to make sure your on violent flourish if the mob uses strong tp moves. For damage im pritty sure kamome will still win out but don't quote me...

I'm not to big on forum lingo but i think the proper thing to say here is inb4nobody plays outside of abyssea
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-22 08:41:39  
Like someone said in another thread:
RR/GH really helps Kamome, while using something like VV or Apoc hurts OA2-4.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 09:15:44  
Asura.Ina said:
just have to make sure your on violent flourish if the mob uses strong tp moves.
The mob wouldn't be using those strong tp move so much if you weren't hitting it 2-5 times every round (yes, included main hand).
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-01-22 09:38:49  
Having upgraded said 2-3(2-4x now) katana, I have to admit once I got Kamome the damage difference was NOTICEABLE. That says a lot when it's not coming from a parser.

It's just too much for the 2-4x to make up for. 14 dmg, 52 less delay, 8acc 8atk and 10% to critical hit damage is just way too much for it to keep up.

Trust what they've said, go spend time asking people at sobek or just trio him with some good friends. It's 100% drop rate~ Don't waste it on a katana that you won't even use "For fun"
[+]
 Alexander.Magicmachine
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Magicmachine 2011-01-22 09:42:58  
ok this really has nothing to do with the op but as a thf i use RR/sanguine scythe/ and use a few different others depending on sitution but i dont have loki's body is their something wrong with that? i dont have VV yet either
 Cerberus.Quintow
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-01-22 09:52:03  
Well i have hocho/kamome and was thinking kannagi/oa2-4 would be the ep33n build but i guess clearly not...good thing im only on clusters. So i guess hocho/kamome while working on kannagi is respectible enough? Also, with rr/kamome/loki/qimirz, what to use to cap crit hit dmg? I have nin neck and cavaros mantle...i guess use tiercel/cavaros til haste capped otherwheres? Then switch to atheling and nin neck for ws? Or should i get gorget, use atheling and take small crit dmg down from cap
First Page 2