users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Rani Question
Rani Question
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-01-20 22:31:42  
Was just curious how much damage his most powerful moves do? Such as Meteor.

Was also wondering, how much dmg do you think Aoelian Edge with a Brew and Atma of Gales, Ultimate, Beyond would do to him? Do you think I could kill him in the 30 seconds he is terrored from proc'ing red!! at about 55-60%?
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-20 22:33:38  
I think it would take a bit longer than that, but can't say from experience.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-20 22:33:58  
Yes

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-01-20 22:42:47  
Just make sure you don't cure him if terror wears off.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-01-20 22:43:01  
Well, not asking about meteor for myself, asking more for the person that will be tanking it til 50% or so til I brew it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-20 22:45:33  
Meteor damage isn't even remotely threatening with Shell V + MDT gear. Not sure about Aeolian Edge but even if it doesn't you'll easily kill him barring panicking and healing him (seriously, take your time) or getting charmed.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-20 23:20:09  
I brewed Rani as THF for an alliance of friends and pickups. Aeolian Edge works just fine, and I used Gales/Beyond/Ultimate. I didn't ask the alliance to take it down to 50%. Since half the alliance consisted of pickups, I also didn't ask them to proc blue !! for me. I was perfectly happy with an earring, and most of all, I wanted to get the win for my friends. I did not want to risk a wipe while waiting for multiple !! procs.

Unless you're standing right next to Rani when a DD procs red !!, you probably won't kill it before the stagger wears off. That's OK. When I killed Rani for my win with a pickup, our brewer (who also used Aeolian Edge) healed it from ~60% to 100% before killing it. For my alliance of friends and pickups, I brewed it down from 95%.

Here's the three most important things to take into consideration (that my tired mind can remember at the moment):

1) Make sure the DDs stay the *** away from Rani while brewing. The last thing you need are more TP moves...especially Amnesia or Charm. While a charmed brewer is hilarious, it's a waste of 200k cruor and possibly the NM.

2) As Nightfyre mentioned, do not panic! With a lousy Aeolian Edge set, my weaponskills were still taking off roughly 15% - 20% HP each. My first Aeolian Edge healed Rani to 100%. If that happens, just stay calm, stay patient, and focus. Do not WS during spells or TP moves. 3 minutes is plenty of time to take Rani from 100% to 0% if you remain calm.

3) Win first. If people die to AoEs without Reraise when Rani's under 10%, *** 'em. They get credit for the win whether dead or alive. Getting the win for the whole alliance is more important than stalling while the mages raise the schmuck(s) who stood in range of Meteor. If the atma is that important to them, it can be acquired later when everyone has access to 200k brews.

EDIT: Good catch. I totally forgot about the Amnesia screen, even though I used one. It's very cheap at ~200-300 Dominion Notes and it's absolutely worth the purchase.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tajot
user: Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-01-21 00:06:20  
Amnesia screen works well but yeah, Eeek bout sums it up
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-12 14:02:25  
Eeek covered it all pretty much, ill just add ...

Gather lots of useful temps before you fight it. Lucid wing, dusty
wing, daedalus wing, fools powder/drink. I did it between 22:00 and 7:00 for blunt, asked for no buffs at all besides shell and only casting done on it to be stun. Popped one fools powder and popped ran it back to mandies a bit.

Asuran fists gave me clue for staff it actually stunned the 1st timed i tried to asuran fists kept tp said I readied it quite rare occurence, swapped to staff use wing >> full swing >> wing >> shell crusher got blue. Then used lucid wing >> swung twice >> earth crusher >> light ws clue then tp'd a bit tried sunburst, war tried sword, whm club got red. Popped brew/amnesia screen about 90% took it to 40% ish before terror wore then as long as you just only ws soon as it starts casting a spell even if you got a weapon on without a magic ws you should finish it fine. Tell ppl esp if its pick up to pull back loads as soon as you proc red/use brew, I had 1 death on 1st rani pick up and I didnt hang around for them to get up nor should any brewer if they have been forewarned.

And it stole shell through shadows I believe or it may of hit me and then stole it but im told buffing is pointless if brewing it, it steals them but it wasnt stealing fools powder/drink both of these should see you through blue >> red proc till you pop the brew.

Edit : lol didnt look at post dates, old thread.