フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Greedalox Quest
New Greedalox Quest
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-03 00:41:10  
Blazza said:
I haven't even seen this thread until now and I'm getting blamed. Why don't you look at all the threads with your useless dribble in them and see what the common denominator is.

Thanks for proving my point.
 Midgardsormr.Dabamylord
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: franzsy
By Midgardsormr.Dabamylord 2009-03-03 00:47:21  
what I really hope is that SE would add more storable sets (+1 or neither). I have a feeling that the items required for the gobbie bag quests will involve the wotg nation-specific quests, just like the angelstone/deathstone rewards, and these new quests will be bitchy to accomplish...

Although what I REALLY wanted is that they implement the body pieces for the campaign item exchange... and make the sets storable, I've been waiting for those since 2 VUs already ; ;
 Caitsith.Amonk
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Amonk
By Caitsith.Amonk 2009-03-03 00:53:25  
Your name is Malekith, lol. So uh.. how did those Flames of Asuryan work for ya? Ohhh.. not too good I see, yeah...
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-03 00:56:56  
@ Amonk.... you sir get the gold star ;)
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-03-03 02:00:51  
think it amusing you can carry around 70 BEDS, but... JUICE wont stack. nu-uh
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-03 02:32:19  
Korpg said:
Blazza said:
I haven't even seen this thread until now and I'm getting blamed. Why don't you look at all the threads with your useless dribble in them and see what the common denominator is.

Thanks for proving my point.

O_o Not to join in the whole Korpg fan club, but dude... you didn't make sense there. Sure it takes 2 (or in this case, 4) to tango, but as far as I've observed, Blazza's right--you, not he, are the one that causes most of the arguments around here. He hasn't proven your point.

Malekith, I have to disagree with you this time--even if you level just one job to 75, it still takes a LOT of space to store not only gear, but also if you were to level just one craft to 100, it also takes a lot of space, more so than SE has provided. Sure, you could try to be "efficient" and use the endless delivery box trick, but it really isn't much fun to go through 9-10 rounds of it just to get your damn Unyielding Ring back.

Concerning storing gear, Paladin gear alone, with different builds (Haste, Magic Def, Mind, Cure Kit, TP, Enmity) is enough to drive one crazy with the amount of gear it requires to attempt to fulfill just the basic aspects of PLD/NIN, PLD/RDM, and the beloved PLD/WAR. Leveling those subjobs, too, takes up a lot of inventory space, even if you're not "serious with the job," you still need to have decent gear in order to heal (RDM) or blink tank (NIN).

Concerning crafting materials, no crafter ever tosses or sells extra mats just to save space. Well, okay--no crafter that wants to save gil, anyways. Or maybe I'm just really Asian and tend to just save every gil.... Either way, crafters store materials, especially materials that we use nearly every time, such as lumber and boltheads/arrowheads/fletchings in my case as a woodworker. Each ingredient is worth more crafted than it is /tossed or sold to NPCs or sold on the AH individually, thus it's more cost-effective to keep them in my Mog Safe/Mog Locker/Storage.

Without a mule to store the items under those categories, it's just plain impossible.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-03 03:30:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Another idea that comes to mind is this

User submitted image

Yes, a lunchbox. I don't know about everyone, but I carry around alot of food and drinks for all the jobs I play, and since we're in the idea of narrowing down the space of items we carry/consume on a regular basis, why not this?

Please feel free to discuss and add more ideas.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-03 03:33:39  
Can I have your bottle cap? c.c
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-03 05:02:43  
I demand a barbie lunch box!
 Asura.Davinia
user: Davinia
By Asura.Davinia 2009-03-03 07:36:06  
Power Rangers For Me Pweeez!
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-03-03 07:39:43  
@ Anye, hell who wants to only hold 1 lvl 75 job worth of gear, i like having my blm,pld and sam gear one me at all times so when I go to change job it takes 5 secs not 10mins to re gear >.> and hell I don't even have a 2nd set for blm or a /nin set for pld yet and i'm too full XD
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-03 07:44:39  
Well sure I need to clean up my MH a bit, but I'm 80/80 Moghouse, 80/80 Storage, 75/80 Locker and 65/70 Inventory. And did I mention I only have 1 75 job? <_<
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-03-03 07:53:59  
Lol more 75s Blazza go go!! =D You got way more room than me though im only 60 on evertthing.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-03 08:11:04  
At least you can expand your total storage by 70 then :o
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-03-03 08:45:03  
being able to compact items would really help in the long run, we don't nessararly need more space, how ever nice it would be.

I'm sitting at.. 80/80 safe/locker 75/80storage and 55/60 inventory. and i manage to balance out my needs, gear wise. Of course i'm always wanting to get more. considering, i have 6 75's a 73 and about everything eles leveled <.< but yea. thats me.

and as to what I think Malekith was trying to say. Was That You Can't Equip Every job to the MAX potential, and have enough space to do it. And If you think about it, Who hasn't been told they are "fail" because they don't have "kitty pants" or this "Must have item" I know i have.

So, according to the General population on FFXI.
you are Fail at a job, if you can't get every best/needed/required pice for that job. and Seeing how There Just Is not Enough space for it all, yes You'll be "fail" cause you "don't have the BEST gear"

Doesn't mean, you suck at your job >.> I have Recycled gear for almost all my 75's I mean, That's what Gear That's Equipiable by Mulipule jobs are for

You can't have every job at 75. and be EPIC WIN. thus you fail "evil laugh"

I know i saw a few posts saying how even with 1 Main Char. They have to much gear :P

(i'm ranting ... >.>)

given His example,
[ haven 2 Mains witch take up a majority of his space, an then the rest going to "well rounded, feasible gear" ]
Thats all you really need, :P

my self. get level 1>37 gear, Use RSE lvl to 60, Use AF, Or pices of AF and SH, Haub, w/e, Then level to 75, and Try to find the best Muti-job gear to save space, Trust me, It works You don't need the BEST gear At all times ; _; i'm a perfect example of that <.<;

Sum it all up... There's gear that have
[mnk/war/thf/whm/rng/cor/brd/sam/what ever] for a reason, invest in to it
Unless you're a pup. :P problem solved, Such limited gear as it stands already:P

Now.. to get my morrning coffee >.< sorry for the Rant/spelling errors ^_^ Bring on the Flame.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-03 08:48:11  
Blackmist said:
nessararly, morrning, eles, pice, Equipiable, Mulipule, witch, pices, Muti-job

User submitted image
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-03-03 08:59:33  
Nuuu!I've been Flamed ; ; "better be some expensive coals >:O "
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-03 09:15:40  
Talking about actual fully-geared jobs, I have 6 jobs at 75, plus PLD at 60 and BRD37. It's not a matter of 'e-peen' but as a personal standard I want to have gear that allows me to perform in all expected roles that that job may be needed for.

So I have gear that my jobs 'can work with', but it's not good enough. My BLM has Nuke/Rest/Enfeebling/Dark sets, but it's by no means the job I play the most.

I come from both sides of the camp in that I have this many jobs with gear, but am not yet capped on Storage, so I have a bit of room. Having multiple 75s is a perfectly reasonable justification for wanting more space. Can't condemn people for not adopting the same culture towards this game as oneself, where such gray areas are concerned. (There has to be a better solution that de-commissioning PS2 access XD).

Also, if you have a problem where people with multiple 75s are hogging all the drops because they 'can use them', well you need a better item distribution system^^.

WAR SAM BLM THF RNG NIN < SAM gear I can keep in storage since my WAR is fairly superior, and RNG since i only use it for Odin etc. Those are easy. WAR NIN THF have lots of gear crossovers, so this saves space too. BLM, all it's gear takes up 65~ Inv spaces, and I don't have all the situational pieces I want yet. But what about when PLD & BRD get to 75? I'm gonna be using any of these jobs frequently at any given moment, believe it or not. Muling that much gear drains the enjoyment away, and i'm not down with that.

Levelling a mule isn't a sensible option, all the quests and fame and access and missions... it just doesn't bear thinking about; and I honestly don't think SE would (to our faces) say that that was a way they envisaged people to experience all the different jobs in-game.

So yes, moar space SE, tabs, different storage methods, keyrings, bookshelves, hangars, racks. Let me do what you marketed this game to be capable of!

***** *moans*
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-03 09:20:44  
One word, people:

MULE

So you have to pay a dollar a month extra. Big whoop.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-03 09:37:07  
Celestinia said:
@ Anye, hell who wants to only hold 1 lvl 75 job worth of gear, i like having my blm,pld and sam gear one me at all times so when I go to change job it takes 5 secs not 10mins to re gear >.> and hell I don't even have a 2nd set for blm or a /nin set for pld yet and i'm too full XD

Well at first I carried only 1 set of 75 gear since I was always that job in events, cleared and got more inventory I can carry my war stuff and now I carry Monk gear atm and whats good is some of my war gear can be worn on my monk. So more space yes please! so I can be able to carry other items than leave half of war gear in moghouse. Carrying tools, food, silver pieces, warp scroll or cudgel, and other things you may need will definitely benefit off more space.

I just hope its not that expensive.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-03 09:41:40  
Mule's dont always help..

I have 3 75's, 1 74 and a 63.

I run a total of: 80/80 MH, 80/80 Storage, 80/80 ML and typically 67/70 Inventory. I play each of my jobs fairly often, normally changing jobs ~5 times a day.

Now.. to gear say, my BLM, I use:

8 weapon (Full set of staves)
1 Sub
1 Ammo
3 Hats
2~3 Neck, depending on whether I take my beak necklace with me or not
2 Earrings
4 Body pieces
2 Hands
2 Rings
3 Shoes
2 Pants
1 Waist
1 Back

So, approx: 34/70 Invent used PURELY on blm only gear.

Then food, I generally carry two or three different foods, sometimes more depending on what I'm doing. So..

1 stack Ginger Cookies
1 stack Cream Puffs
1 stack Melon Pies

So, 37/70 with food and gear. Next one, Meds!

2 stacks Echo Drops
2x RR of some form
Yag Drink or Ether or other assorted MP stuff occasionally.

So, at this point I'm 41-42/70. Not too bad.. I have enough room for whatever atm.

Next, adding in items that I use generally.

Tav Ring
Olduum Ring
Kingdom Aketon
Tidal Talisman

Still not a terrible inventory, ~47/70. Then I have all the NIN tools I use on WAR, BRD and NIN..

So..

1 stack of Shihei
1-2 stacks of Shihei bags
1 stack of Tonko
1 stack of Monomi

Now, those are general NIN tools.. I also carry:

1 stack of Kurayami
1 stack of Kurayami bags
1 stack of Hojo
1 stack of Hojo bags

For when I'm on NIN.

Generally speaking, because I have a lack of room to properly gear all my jobs for as many situations as I can, I often carry around a lot of cross-over gear.

On my WAR atm I have: Astral Ring, Fasting Ring, Ether Ring, Nereid Ring x2, Serk Ring, Energy Earring x2, Dodge Earring, Velocity Earring, Ninjutsu Earring, Astral Earring, Antivenom Earring, Melody Earring x2

I'm not going to use any of those as WAR.. but I can't stash them in my MH because I have so much gear from other jobs.

Now, I'm sure someone's going to say "Store your AF and other gear you can". I'll save you the time, I do. I take it out at least 3-4 times a day, depending on what I'm doing. (I swear I was the only person relieved SE dropped the price on AF storage >.> Save me like 2k a day)

A lot of my gear is R/E, so mules aren't an option, and in my case, more an inconvenience more than anything else.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-03 09:44:13  
Main problem with mules, is most gear that happens to not be R/E is used so frequently that muling it would be pointless, and well the rest is R/E.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-03 09:45:49  
You do have the option of getting rid of low-level rare/ex stuff you'll probably never use again.

AF weapons, JSEs, keys, etc.
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-03 09:47:45  
Having to log out, mule 8 pieces, log in and pick them up, rinse & repeat... no that's not right & it's not reasonable. And it's not fair to expect to pay more £$ (of any amount) to allow the game to realise it's full functionality (or indeed some shadow of such).

Plenty of people do do those little things to help them with space issues... doesn't mean that they 'should'.

*Edit: Getting rid of those few Ra/Ex pieces that constitute the 'possibly redundant' category assist very little with the problem, as I myself can testify having gone down that route before. I'm fairly strict with what I keep hold of, but it's still a problem.

Gogo more space!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-03 09:55:59  
True unless some of the r/e can be worn on other jobs you may want to level. If you get a whole af set and never use any of em, store it. But if you use 1 piece out of your AF set and never ever use it then get rid of it. You can always request it if you need it again. I think the only AF weapon that was good to have is blu sword, of course until you level it to wear something else. All those things just drop, makes it easier too.

You can store the KS and BS so that reduced room. I guess if your storing items like organs from sea, a suggestion is to finish whatever gorget/obi to clear the space too. Quest items etc. take up space so may wanna clear those too.

Mules can help but then they can't. For me I store all my low level gear on my mule cause I'm focusing on finishing 1 job to 75 atm. Mules can prob be used for the ammo, tools, food, other misc stuff. imo
 Siren.Sinneloa
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2009-03-08 21:37:18  
To throw into the fray I often thought a mannequin once built would only take up one space in the mog safe or storage if you wish and store AF through Relic +1s on that one mannequin and still have access in other nations to the mannequin in your mog safe which has the AF through Relic +1s gear on it. But heres the best part. It wont have to be on display in your MH if you dont have room for what is it now? 20 jobs? This scheme would only work if its only AF through Relic +1 gear though. The other way it could work is the macro book approach so it could still be seperate from the MH safe as mentioned in another post. The mannequin should also be storable in your personal inventory.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-08 22:47:28  
Just realized here from the tenor of the comments here what the easiest solution would be.

If SE allowed folks to DB rare/ex gear to an attached mule, i.e. a sub-account on the same Content ID where you're just paying an extra $1/month as opposed to a $14.00 new account mule, then some many of you can get breathing room that you crave. That'd be one idea... It'd also help if they'd let us store HQ gear, God Gear, and hopefully WoTG Allied Notes gear...
 Bahamut.Mudeki
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mudeki
By Bahamut.Mudeki 2009-03-11 17:55:50  
ive got an idea how a backpack type item you can equip as a back piece that holds like 10/20/30 etc items, you can store items in them while theyre equipped then unequip them and fill another, say maybe make them rare, make them a single type like say one that you can only store crystals in or weapons, rings/earrings, armor(head,body,hands,legs,feet), etc i mean you can store stuff on a mannequin like that but only problem is it still takes up that much room ie:however many pieces you put on your mannequin, which i think is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE should only count as one slot
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-11 18:35:47  
I think they should expand the storage moogle to include all Rare/Ex stuff. I like my drops from NM's and want to store all that stuff. Perhaps a seperate MH to store all Rare/Ex stuff . . . like a trophy room. It would be neat if you could invite friends into that MH and see various sets of Armor around and a cool assortment of Weapons on the wall.
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-03-11 18:38:18  
Saiya said:
Having to log out, mule 8 pieces, log in and pick them up, rinse & repeat... no that's not right & it's not reasonable. And it's not fair to expect to pay more £$ (of any amount) to allow the game to realise it's full functionality (or indeed some shadow of such).

Gogo more space!

Yea, granted I have 4 Content ID slots left, but I'd still prefer to have more space on my main character than more Mules.

User submitted image