users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Question about Ephemeral Light in Visions
Question about Ephemeral Light in Visions
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-01-13 14:31:04  
So, we all know about the enhanced lights you get from Ephemeral mobs. On wiki I've seen some articles now that say they give more or less depending on their level. Dunno how much truth there is to that, but anyways...I went to Highlands with 113 minutes in hopes to farm some good PDT Dark Rings. I didn't know how many Ephemeral I should kill with amber light but I figured I'd just keep killing til a Gold Chest dropped and I'd judge the amount of light by the range of the puzzle (11-96, etc). I ended up killing like 10 or so with Amber light and then just decided to start building pearl on some mobs to get a Gold Chest. First chest I got was Big and maxed range, amber was definitely capped.

My question is, did I really need to kill 10 or so of them or could I have killed only 3 or 4 for capped amber?

P.S Got a Dark Ring with -4% PDT, woot.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-13 14:44:17  
Each one gives approx 5 light. So 6 should cap you.

Edit:

If this helps any, I've seen TEs after 3, but I also have the greater rewards from blue chests abyssites.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-13 15:00:43  
It does depend on the level of the ephemeral. The ephemerals in the older zones are lower level and give less increased light because they pop at lower levels. If you continue to kill them they will pop at higher levels and you can get more light from them. Even with 2/3 gold pyxide abyssites, it takes a lot of ephemerals in the highlands to cap amber. I'm just gonna throw out the number 10, but it's been awhile since I've done it so I can't remember.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2011-01-13 15:06:53  
Don't forget you can get decent light bonuses off of NM's and VNM's. It helps, I like to do it when farming a T2 abyssite or something stupid.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-13 16:24:12  
i've been seeing lights all jacked up lately depending on the mobs levels, I've had 2 weird experiences in the past week when low manning for lights. We would go from capped chest to not capped to what seemed like no Azure, we had killed 2 Ephs, bunch of worms and opened 1-2 red chests with Azure... ***was WHACK idunno sup wit it to be honest