April Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 11:03:18  
It would be nice for blm to get some new spells that can be useful to be in xp parties
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 11:05:02  
Wooooodum said:
COR Pianissimo ability inc. You heard it here first.

What would you call the ability though since they don't sing.....

<insert name here> activates Craps.
<Insert name here> uses Healer's Roll on <insert mage name>.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 11:05:09  
They can already get nice xp solo and in mana burns... Now you want to let them party with other jobs too!?
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 11:06:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Lmao, Float would be amusing as hell in this game, especially with all the landscaping.
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-02-27 11:07:50  
Something for PUP would be good
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 11:11:41  
Tbest said:
Damage / Defense / HP / MP / Status (Strength, Dexterity, etc.) / Accuracy / Attack / Ranged Accuracy / Ranged Attack / Magic Accuracy / Magic Attack / Evasion / Enmity / Healing HP / Healing MP

Those are all the stats currently scaled down with level sync. Any other stat / attribute is removed from the higher level gear.
When did they add HMP? I was pretty damn sure not all of those abilities were scaled down, and I know for a fact that half of them were stripped completely in level sync when it first came out. But I don't really level Sync, so it IS possible that they added the other stuff while my back was turned... but yeh, pretty sure hmp isn't included, meaning the rest probably wouldn't be either.

Curiously enough though, Ifrit's Blade and Perdu Hanger have both always given almost full STR and attack.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-02-27 11:12:33  
Requiem tweak please! ;)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 11:14:57  
Tbest said:
They can already get nice xp solo and in mana burns... Now you want to let them party with other jobs too!?

.... because people never invite them to pt's as much now than it was few years ago. Why can't a blm be able to do some other spells that can help a pt also. It's same for other jobs that ppl don't want to pt with, drgs, etc. So give something useful so they can pt too.

Who wouldn't want float!?! lol
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-02-27 11:17:00  
I want the hammer >:o!!!
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 11:17:05  
Alyria said:
Tbest said:

.... because people never invite them to pt's as much now than it was few years ago. Why can't a blm be able to do some other spells that can help a pt also. It's same for other jobs that ppl don't want to pt with, drgs, etc. So give something useful so they can pt too.

What about like Spikaga spells? That could sorta help a PT lol
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-02-27 11:19:01  
Campaign Bodies / Top ranks

Increased Salv drop rates

Nothing else needed
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 11:19:23  
Uchisokonau said:
Alyria said:
Tbest said:

SCH and SMN already have that. And every 20 minutes I can give you 2 minutes of shock spikes on blu too! <_<

Also, that's an NPC next to the dude with a hammer, and they're in MMM.

go.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 11:21:34  
Blazza said:
Tbest said:
Damage / Defense / HP / MP / Status (Strength, Dexterity, etc.) / Accuracy / Attack / Ranged Accuracy / Ranged Attack / Magic Accuracy / Magic Attack / Evasion / Enmity / Healing HP / Healing MP

Those are all the stats currently scaled down with level sync. Any other stat / attribute is removed from the higher level gear.
When did they add HMP? I was pretty damn sure not all of those abilities were scaled down, and I know for a fact that half of them were stripped completely in level sync when it first came out. But I don't really level Sync, so it IS possible that they added the other stuff while my back was turned... but yeh, pretty sure hmp isn't included, meaning the rest probably wouldn't be either.

Curiously enough though, Ifrit's Blade and Perdu Hanger have both always given almost full STR and attack.

You're wrong. All of those stats are included. The sync attributes were modified in an update after Level Sync was introduced. I guess you shouldn't turn your back as much.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 11:22:05  
Blazza said:
Uchisokonau said:
Alyria said:
Tbest said:

SCH and SMN already have that. And every 20 minutes I can give you 2 minutes of shock spikes on blu too! <_<

Also, that's an NPC next to the dude with a hammer, and they're in MMM.

go.

I know, but short of giving them white magic, which obviously won't happen, what else could you give them?
 Bahamut.Pjohn
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-02-27 11:24:24  
Wooooodum said:

But Painissimo is a musical term X.x
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 11:26:38  
Pjohn said:
Wooooodum said:

But Painissimo is a musical term X.x

Scroll up >.>
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 11:30:11  
Tbest said:
Blazza said:
Tbest said:

You're wrong. All of those stats are included. The sync attributes were modified in an update after Level Sync was introduced. I guess you shouldn't turn your back as much.

I said:
When did they add HMP?
I also said:
when it first came out
I was asking a question and stating a fact about Level Sync in it's first weeks. I don't mind being wrong *shrug*

Anyway, if that's the case then that's one less thing they'll be implementing in the update :p
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 11:33:51  
Uchisokonau said:
What would you call the ability though since they don't sing.....

<insert name here> activates Craps.
<Insert name here> uses Healer's Roll on <insert mage name>.

Hmmm... it'd be using it on one party member, so maybe Snake Ey... Oh wait a sec...

Twist~

Alyria said:
It would be nice for blm to get some new spells that can be useful to be in xp parties

Warp was the best spell for my party when I was levelling...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-27 11:35:38  
Blazza said:
...but yeh, pretty sure hmp isn't included, meaning the rest probably wouldn't be either....

It doesn't matter if it was like that when it was introduced. Your statement above says that they aren't included now.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-02-27 11:49:11  
Frobeus said:
Campaign Bodies / Top ranks

Increased Salv drop rates

Nothing else needed

Include increased Nyzul Isle drop rates with that.

A BRD counterpart to Pianissimo, that allows you to give a single target buff (i.e. Etude/Prelude) to an entire party. It would definitely be situational, but call it Fortissimo and put me and my Rose Harp +1 back in the BLM party to try it out...

Other than that, give PLD Hexa Strike (yes, a WHM 75 advocating that) since they have the highest Club Skill and are lacking its best Weaponskill.

Increase SAM Archery Skill cap to 240/250/256.

And the Iron Ram body had better be good. I'm expecting a truckload of Enmity (at least 5) and HP, with good defense (50+). I have been saving AN for this for a while, and I hope that it turns out to the be the excellent PLD/NIN kiting piece that I expect.
 Asura.Icon
サーバ: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-02-27 11:50:19  
Alyria said:
I was hoping for another type of blm, called a time mage, where they were able to cast ga buffs and enfeebling spells such as float/ga, stop, etc.

What would you need float for? That is supposed to nullify damage from Quake (as in you would be floating over the crack in the earth). Would it then just nullify earth damage? We have it, barearth/ra already.

Stop we already have. It is called Stun. Something that momentarily stops a mob. I would think if you would add a stop spell that it would have to stop a mob for longer than Stun and that could be broken so badly.

Green Mage (or Time Mage as you call it) would have spells very similar to a RDM already does. In fact ... if Refresh was dropped from RDM and give it to Green mage, then you can add Regain as a castable spell ... then I could see Green Mage working. A 2-hour ability that would Stop a mob cold for 15 seconds?

And I fixed this one for you:
Alyria said:
Shantoto is a ***!
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-27 11:51:07  
Blazza said:
Tbest said:
I can really see that being a reward from MMM since most of the things you can exchange marbles for suck (eye patch, boots, etc.)

What's the etc.? It's just eyepatch and boots so far :p

theres some crappy lv 72 weapons too with killer traits on them. Nothing that good.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 11:52:19  
Icon said:
Alyria said:
I was hoping for another type of blm, called a time mage, where they were able to cast ga buffs and enfeebling spells such as float/ga, stop, etc.

What would you need float for? That is supposed to nullify damage from Quake (as in you would be floating over the crack in the earth). Would it then just nullify earth damage? We have it, barearth/ra already.

Stop we already have. It is called Stun. Something that momentarily stops a mob. I would think if you would add a stop spell that it would have to stop a mob for longer than Stun and that could be broken so badly.

Green Mage (or Time Mage as you call it) would have spells very similar to a RDM already does. In fact ... if Refresh was dropped from RDM and give it to Green mage, then you can add Regain as a castable spell ... then I could see Green Mage working. A 2-hour ability that would Stop a mob cold for 15 seconds?

And I fixed this one for you:
Alyria said:
Shantoto is a ***!

Guess you missed the point it was ideas and examples
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-27 11:52:42  
Scizor said:
Something for PUP would be good

By something good, I hope you mean finally adjust the soulsoother AI, or Valoredges defense. You know.. something useful.
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-02-27 11:53:50  
Wooooodum said:

pi·a·nis·si·mo (pē'ə-nĭs'ə-mō') Pronunciation Key
adv. & adj. Abbr. pp
In a very soft or quiet tone. Used chiefly as a direction.
n. pl. pi·a·nis·si·mos
A part of a composition played very softly or quietly.

A BRD spell played so low that only one person can hear it.

COR single target ability would be called?
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-02-27 11:54:26  
Icon... where have you been? D:

~Yote
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 11:54:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Green Mage and Time Mage are different. D:
Rdm actually took a whole new angle in FFXI.
Rdm used to be known as just the single target nuker that could Double Cast.
Green Mage was a debuffer, and Time Mage had all the Haste/Slow/Stop etc.
What we need is a Rainbow Mage - could pick 10 spells from every mage job D:
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-02-27 11:57:08  
Yeah Jiko, Valoredge needs to be made from metal instead of tissue paper >_>, AI tweaking would be asking too much SE wont fix :/

Some new attachments would be good, I'm hoping for a few more RACC/RACK ones
 Alexander.Zylan
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zylanx
By Alexander.Zylan 2009-02-27 11:57:21  
how about shorten the timers on NM spawn times. ?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 11:58:18  
Icon said:
COR single target ability would be called?

Read the other posts?

That dictionary reference was so patronising and unnecessary by the way. What's easier, "Corsair ability allowing rolls to land on one party member but not called Pianissimo since it's only referring to a Song", or "Corsair Pianissimo ability".

P-e-d-a-n-t-i-c {insert dictionary reference here}
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7