New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Kuth v Yaanei v Sippoy
Kuth v Yaanei v Sippoy
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-01-09 08:22:56  
I have not done Yaanei lowman yet but just as a general, whenever I've done these 3; Kuth is a joke, even with 4x Banneret he was a pushover. Yaanei's never caused us a problem even when he does Bane a few times. But Sippoy has only ever caused a problem, never had one clean run on him.
Main things:

Dark Arrivisme, huge dispel + heavy damage + it seems to power him up and seems to cap his acc, following it Sippoy would maintain 100% acc for a period of 1-2 mins, which when he dispels my fan dance, wasn't nice.

Malign Invocation: See Screenshots at end, that was under 25%.

His fast cast is far stronger than Kuth's, notably single targets are near instant.

Noting I tank on DNC/NIN, was using RR/VV/Apoc.
Anyone else notice Sippoy can be a bit bitchy? Or do I just have bad luck in dealing with him D:

Malign fun under 25%, wasn't really feeding any TP.

Won in the end though, Apoc atma ftw D:

Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-01-09 08:38:29  
I've never had trouble with Sips on DNC. Yaanei is the one that always gets me. But I also don't use VV if i'm tanking in low man. I'm usually RR/GH/APoc but I just learned about Atma from salvage I will try out soon
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-01-09 08:50:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
I've never had trouble with Sips on DNC. Yaanei is the one that always gets me. But I also don't use VV if i'm tanking in low man. I'm usually RR/GH/APoc but I just learned about Atma from salvage I will try out soon
Don't have Gnarled Horn (assuming that's what you mean by GH), could be the fact this was in a pick up (had friends in it, was helping them get title) and as far as I know he wasn't debuffed at all during the fight. Didn't have -too- much trouble when I did it RNG DNC BRD WHM RDM, still died at the end though (was due to Dark Arr. if I remember correctly), RDM had to nuke it down.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-09 08:51:36  
have duo'd 4/6 (obviously excluding raja/rani) w/ mnk/war and whm. They're all cake.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-01-09 08:54:06  
Had a MNK there also, was weakened the whole fight until like 7% where he kept dying during the fight, same for kuth, MNK we had died on first Banneret of the 4 D:
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-09 08:55:42  
Sounds like this mnk should invest in a MDT build. Works wonder on all these abyssea NMs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-01-09 08:56:39  
Didn't know the mnk, was a random pick up, if it makes a point D:
Edit: MNK was Ansel, if that means anything.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-09 09:10:28  
Never heard of him