Abyssea Nin seeks advice
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-08 18:42:52  
Blue boxes.
By Nemesio 2011-01-08 18:44:51  
That set really isn't all that bad. Its by no means the best, but people certainly wont laugh at you. And I assume you know Hocho is mainhand, and just had trouble making it do that on your profile(At least I did XD)
By Areis 2011-01-08 18:45:13  
itemset doesn't let me switch them :P yes i know to main hand it.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-01-08 19:24:04  
if you're going nin AF+1 you may want mirke body fast cast +5 on it for utsusemi. i did fast cast + evasion, love it !

Boxer's Mantle / Evasion Torque, great update also.

2 Trial katana evasion +, give you at lvl 90 +49 Eva.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2011-01-08 19:27:35  
I suppose it's safe to assume you keyed/leeched your NIN to 90? If so, get cracking on those Artifact Quests. Ninja Kyahan and Ninja Chainmail are exceptional pieces of equipment for anyone playing Ninja (main or not), and it would be silly to not take a couple of hours of your time to do the easy-peasy quests for them.

When you get both, you'll have a lot of fun running super fast at Nighttime (+25% Movement Speed is very useful when kiting/pulling/traveling) and attacking super quick during your TP Phase (don't underestimate the 5% Dual Wield, it makes a noticeably positive difference in your attack speed).

As for the TP Returns diminishing per swing with the more Dual Wield you have, it's negligible. Especially with Atmas.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-08 19:33:32  
richwood said:
Nightfyre, it really is not just, I am having that with OP via E-mail to help the guy out, since pretentious people just throw their comments around discouraging people like OP.

It is very unfortunate in a social game based on community.
I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. In regards to the OP, I've posted in threads they've made before offering advice. The reality is, however, that they are very resistant to putting effort into a job they level. I have no desire to be dishonest and I saw people about to waste time trying to convince the OP to do one thing or another to no productive end.

In regards to our previous discussion, I have no idea why you would think me pretentious or unjust. Actually, I'm not even sure why your opinion of me was brought up at all - it's just an ad hominem and adds nothing to the discussion. I presented my position, provided evidence, and refuted your points. In response, all you have done is call me a "hater", unjust, and pretentious, and generally avoided responding in a rational manner.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-08 19:49:01  
You know, in all honesty, whats the point of keeping Suppa anymore? the +5 skill isnt really making or breaking SAM anymore and the DW is going to far more for any job that can use it than suppa will for sam.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-08 19:50:02  
Sylph.Kimble said:
You know, in all honesty, whats the point of keeping Suppa anymore? the +5 skill isnt really making or breaking SAM anymore and the DW is going to far more for any job that can use it than suppa will for sam.

I think you mean bushi. Just to save any confusion.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2011-01-08 19:51:06  
Sylph.Kimble said:
You know, in all honesty, whats the point of keeping Bushi anymore? the +5 skill isnt really making or breaking SAM anymore and the DW from Suppa is going to do far more for any job that can use it than Bushi will for sam.
Fixed.

Ninja Edit: Damn beaten to it D:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-08 19:51:22  
There's no point at all. There's sidegrades and upgrades in that slot for both TP and WS on SAM, and aside from WotG reward they're pretty damn easy to get. Even that just takes some time.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-08 19:57:14  
Yeah, I meant bushi sorry.

I know im going to change out my bushi for suppa when I get the chance.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-08 20:40:38  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
In regards to our previous discussion, I have no idea why you would think me pretentious or unjust.

He's right though, you know. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
By richwood 2011-01-08 20:50:19  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
In regards to our previous discussion, I have no idea why you would think me pretentious or unjust.

My QQ's are leaking...Feeling bad...I must go...

Hehe (*^.^*)

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-08 20:51:37  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Your words, they wound me :(
By richwood 2011-01-08 20:53:26  
/em Comfort Nightfyre, he can not help himself, some folks just born with big pie-hole syndrome... lol^^
By richwood 2011-01-08 20:53:39  
Gogo COLTS
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-08 20:58:52  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'm sorry, would you like a straw? :<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-08 21:00:45  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'm sorry, would you like a straw? :<
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-01-12 04:19:59  
Quote:
ichi-ran isn't really going to be something i'm paying 300k for on 10th job leveled.

What server are you on? On some it's already something like 50k, which is not at all unreasonable when you consider the price of flame geodes and the like.

Areis said:

I'd check to see if hoard ring would push you into 5TP/hit. If so, use that instead of Blood Ring. Good chance fSTR is capped even with the thing on. Frankly, Blood Ring's pretty useless overall these days. I'd use a Jupiter's Ring with attack+ if you can get your hands on one of those.

And go do your AF. I don't understand how you could say you want something that's relatively difficult to get like Loki's Kaftan, but won't spend a couple hours doing some really easy quests. You don't even need to +1 them since the important stats (DW and movefast) are on the NQs anyway. Besides, there's storyline to make it enjoyable too, game's not just about getting gear.
 Titan.Wubby
サーバ: Titan
user: Xerlic
By Titan.Wubby 2011-01-13 11:36:14  
Similar to OP, I abyssea burned my NIN a few weeks ago and am also looking to make sure I'm doing it right. I figured I'd just post here. Any advice on TP/Jin sets are welcome.

TP:

Jin:

This is currently what I use.

Yes, I do Jin in Suppa and yes I know that definitely has to change. Unfortunately, I don't have a Pixie Earring and the new +3 DEX earring is over 1mil on my server and I can't bring myself to spend that amount of gil on something that drops nearly 100% of the time. :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-13 12:03:08  
TP: Brutal Earring over Iga per information here. TP in Atheling unless pDIF capped or hitrate uncapped.

WS: Centaurus Earring is dirt cheap, Aesir, Merman's... Merman's should be in your inventory anyway for MDT. Aias Bonnet would be an improvement for your head slot. AF+1 hands are best in slot for Jin unless you need acc, in which case keep using AF3+1 and working on +2.

Looking pretty hot for a fresh NIN, nice work.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-01-13 13:46:44  
Wubby said:
I just Abyssea burned my NIN and had a bunch of the best gear possible for it just lying around ready to go.

Oh, gotta love XI now, har har.

Hm, Iga Earring potentially 1%, huh? That'd be kinda sucky...still, it's great for an evasion set.

As far as head slot goes, I think STR/DEX Anwig Salade might be slightly better than Aias? Given Jin is only 30%/30%, I think Critdam+2 from the DEX augment might overcome the missing 4 STR and 4 DEX. That's assuming you have MKD and feel like replacing it, though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-13 14:24:54  
You should be cridmg+ capped without the Anwig most of the time via RR/Loki's/Qirmiz/Kamome. STR+4 WSACC+15/AGI+4 WSDMG+2% would be a better choice of augments (but not really better than Aias unless lacking acc), with critdmg possibly replacing the former augment with DEX/critdmg once Kamome becomes outdated. Would I do so? Depends on whether we're still rocking critdmg+ atmas and if acc is relevant at that point, but probably not.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-01-13 14:43:22  
OAT Enchu was only barely losing to Kamome at 85 from what I understand. It's possible OAT is better than Kamome now, and I still haven't heard any info on the multihit spread of OA2-4 from any source yet. I'd go test the one I have if I had a relic weapon to main-hand, heh.

But aside from that, RR/Loki's/Qirmiz/Kamome is 47%, if I'm not mistaken, so you can still get the critdamage from the Anwig. The AGI/WSDam is great if you're using Hi, dunno about Jin though. I personally use DEX/AGI/WS/Critdam Anwig since it works great for Hi.

As an extra bonus, Anwig Salade looks great with Loki's Kaftan. =P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-13 14:46:19  
Kamome crushed Enchu at 85 and still has a pretty good edge on it now, especially if you're using AoA. Whoever told you otherwise was spouting nonsense. I'm not sure of the spread on OA2-4 (saw a parse a while back, will try to find it again) but really, a quick glace at its base damage (and the atrocious delay) and consideration of all the DA/TA NIN uses should be enough to discourage you from even attempting to DPS with it.

iirc Qirmiz is 5%? I may be mixing it up with Charis Feather though.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-01-13 14:49:13  
@wubby
for ws set you could drop Suppa and replace with an Attack+ earring like for example (Aesir Ear Pendant), or the new Attack+10 one.

for tp set looks pretty solid, go for eponas ring if you can since its pretty much the best tp ring for most jobs that can use it.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-01-13 14:51:38  
Hm, went to go check- guess it is 5%. My bad, I must have been mixing it with Cavaros/outdated assumptions.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-13 14:59:29  
Leviathan.Kincard said:
Hm, went to go check- guess it is 5%. My bad, I must have been mixing it with Cavaros/outdated assumptions.
np, pretty sure it was thought to be less at some point so I can see where that might have come from.

Regarding OAT weapons while I'm looking for that OA2-4 data, you can see for yourself the relative impact of various weapons in and out of Abyssea by manipulating the NIN spreadsheet found here. You'll find that even without atmas, Kamome beats Enchu+2... though a STR Sekka+2 should pull ahead of both outside Abyssea.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2011-01-13 18:06:57  
since you aren't using af body, wouldn't it be a little bit better to swap af3 hands to aurore or something to cap haste? i dont think a 1-2% chance to attack one more time on your offhand is better than 26% haste. although the tp set is pretty with the blue boxes and what not.