フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Jishnu's Radiance Build
Jishnu's Radiance Build
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2012-03-08 15:58:42  
Annihilator is king for RNG, but you shouldn't need a gun if you use your Gandiva right. Average about 3.5k+ on Qilin and up, excluding Rex and Kala. Ig is closer to 3k; no Cor/Brd, /WAR using Kofte.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-16 07:24:32  

Am I doing it right?
Obviously Cuah +1 + Moogle + Aias are all better heads and Jupiter's Pearl is another upgrade.
サーバ: Shiva
user: cdospawn
By Shiva.Deathblossoms 2012-03-22 00:21:59  
I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea where i could go with my set for my JR build. This is what i have so far:

I have full AF3+2 and my haidate have no mods but I am working on this as much as i can. Any and all help is welcomed thanks all.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-03-22 00:29:31  
Oce. Headpiece +1
Athos Body
Hachiryu Hands/Athos hands
Augment Haidate
Athos boots

All just observations from RNG friend.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-22 00:49:58  
I like Kut's set with a Cuahtlililili+1 and maybe some Vulcan Pearls

Edit: Apparently the same set as Ninurta, basically.
サーバ: Shiva
user: cdospawn
By Shiva.Deathblossoms 2012-03-22 02:25:57  
what augments should i look for?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-22 02:41:08  
For Byakkos, Crit hit damage +4% is the main one.
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-03-22 13:54:50  
Athos's Gloves + tights is a nice trade of with Sylvan Glovelettes +2 and Byakko's Haidate.
3STR 3DEX -> 3% crit rate.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2012-03-22 18:27:38  

Ok this is what i use at the moment.

-Augumented byakko's over athos legs? (+feet and hands for a total 4% crit rate)?
-Rancorous mantle over terebellum mantle? (is it really true that the crit rate proc on ranged ws?)
-Augmented osode over athos body? Any other option for body that is an upgrade from loki?
-Maybe athos head is not a bad option if you already use all other athos pieces? It's still str+8 D: Gaining +1str, sacrificing 7dex 7agi and 6 archery skill for +1% crit rate (for a total of 6% crit rate)?

Edit: With this set i have 173 DEX total, just adding it dunno if it can be useful D:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-22 18:39:40  
why would kacura boots be better than athos?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-22 18:45:49  
Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »

-Augumented byakko's over athos legs? (+feet and hands for a total 4% crit rate)?
-Rancorous mantle over terebellum mantle? (is it really true that the crit rate proc on ranged ws?)
-Augmented osode over athos body? Any other option for body that is an upgrade from loki?
-Maybe athos head is not a bad option if you already use all other athos pieces? It's still str+8 D: Gaining +1str, sacrificing 7dex 7agi and 6 archery skill for +1% crit rate (for a total of 6% crit rate)?

Edit: With this set i have 173 DEX total, just adding it dunno if it can be useful D:

-Legs:Yes, considering you use Athos's hands and don't have Tabard. If you choose to go with Athos's Tights then Kacura Leggings +1 would then beat out Athos's Boots.
-Back:There is no proc or not proc, crit rate from armor applies to all attacks bar non-crit WSs. So, yes. Rancorous Mantle.
-Body:I have heard 3% crit rate Osode > all, but in combination with other Athos's pieces I can't give you a solid answer. (Inside, no)
-Head:I believe you are severally overrating crit rate.

Also: Consider /WAR and Oneiros/Aug Yataghan for outside Abyssea.

EDIT: Here's another question for you all. How would a pair of Vulcan's Pearls par up against other options? I would imagine that V.Pearlx2 beats all other options, unless you're in a nice spot for dDEX. But given that I'm far from a RNG main and only have 1, while letting Brutal ride my other ear for all other jobs, what would be a good alternative? With perfect Miser's I would need to use Volley Earring to save me a tick of Regain, but otherwise I have Pixie Earring and Clearview to pick from at the moment. (I'll go ahead and assume that a NQ STR Pearl would be better than Pixie)
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-03-22 19:23:27  
STR is better in terms of pure damage, but even if DEX bumps up your crit rate by 1%, you are probably better off using DEX earrings. Clearview earring is definitely a nono.

Also fencer is your friend, i.e. don't use a staff.

Ragnarok.Ninurta said: »
Annihilator is king for RNG, but you shouldn't need a gun if you use your Gandiva right. Average about 3.5k+ on Qilin and up, excluding Rex and Kala. Ig is closer to 3k; no Cor/Brd, /WAR using Kofte.

When do you need to use anything in this game... The question is not whether you need to use something; the question is why gimp yourself when you don't have to? You can multiply those numbers by 1.5x and those are what you can do with a gun. You don't need to do more damage, but hey, why not.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-22 19:27:38  
Doing damage is so 2009.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2012-03-23 03:28:42  
Fenrir.Kut said: »
Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »

-Legs:Yes, considering you use Athos's hands and don't have Tabard. If you choose to go with Athos's Tights then Kacura Leggings +1 would then beat out Athos's Boots.
-Back:There is no proc or not proc, crit rate from armor applies to all attacks bar non-crit WSs. So, yes. Rancorous Mantle.
-Body:I have heard 3% crit rate Osode > all, but in combination with other Athos's pieces I can't give you a solid answer. (Inside, no)
-Head:I believe you are severally overrating crit rate.

Also: Consider /WAR and Oneiros/Aug Yataghan for outside Abyssea.

EDIT: Here's another question for you all. How would a pair of Vulcan's Pearls par up against other options? I would imagine that V.Pearlx2 beats all other options, unless you're in a nice spot for dDEX. But given that I'm far from a RNG main and only have 1, while letting Brutal ride my other ear for all other jobs, what would be a good alternative? With perfect Miser's I would need to use Volley Earring to save me a tick of Regain, but otherwise I have Pixie Earring and Clearview to pick from at the moment. (I'll go ahead and assume that a NQ STR Pearl would be better than Pixie)

Okay thanks for the answers. I guess that crit rate is just an empty promise...
Regarding /war, i recently started using it ad i noticed a fairly more consistent dmg, but i have to revise my tp equip :\ I guess that is impossibile to achieve a 5hit on /war so i'd ask if it is possibile to maintain a 6 hit as /war (5hit+ws). What do you guys use on tp set?

What would be a nice spot for dDEX (i think we are talking about a softcap) for most stuff on the game?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-03-23 03:42:58  
/WAR is necessary for any job in VW as long as you have the business to deal physical damage. Your damage isn't going to be " more consistent", but it's definitely higher.

x-hit is irrelevant because :
- In Abyssea you will use Sea Daughter Atma or VV at the very least.
- In VW you have Atma of Coercion for regain+3. You will do 4-hit (WS+3) build without much effort, sometimes 3-hit build.
- In Walk of Echoes you don't want to WS if that isn't going to be the killshot.

As for dDEX :
I think Botulus Rex is one of the highest mage type mob in game .. with its INT sitting at 103. We can assume the highest THF type mob we can find has 103 AGI; So to cap the dDEX, 153 total DEX should be suffice.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-23 03:45:15  
Your INT value for Botulus is a bit off, it's 137. My preliminary testing shows that other VWNMs having similarly high stats, particularly VIT rather than AGI aside from a couple of exceptions, is not out of the question by any means. Ig-Alima and Botulus Rex are special cases though, their stats are inflated a bit more than other NMs. (Arch Dynamis Lord, however, is an exception; I have his VIT estimated at around 120~125 at the moment)

Across all of my parses on NMs such as Qilin and the like, I have capped or incredibly close to capped dDEX with 180DEX on BLU.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2012-03-24 09:29:59  
Quote:
The question is not whether you need to use something; the question is why gimp yourself when you don't have to? You can multiply those numbers by 1.5x and those are what you can do with a gun. You don't need to do more damage, but hey, why not.

Not disagreeing with you, but the why not is that I've got ***to do; I don't have an extra 2hrs a day for Dynamis + time for trials + usage time, etc, so I'll make use with what I have (or not because I'm pretty much done with this game but you get the idea)
By fyreus 2012-03-29 21:05:37  
Hate to go off topic, but what's with everyone only wanting HQ weapon holders to join their parties? This is starting to feel like WoW endgame all over again. Also thanks for the fencer tip.. i haven't bothered with /war since /sam spam.
 Siren.Piccollo
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2012-03-30 13:01:56  
currently building gandavia atm

this is what i have so far for a jishnus build would appreciate any advice on what to change ^^

Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-03-30 14:37:10  
This is what I would use if I actually used my Gandiva for anything but procing :/

/WAR ofc and TP bonus Moonshade
MKD head with Crit/WS dmg +2% respectfully until the cursed gear is figured out lol
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2012-04-05 21:47:19  
Spoiler'd for size, fun fight; mage hat, some weapons and some abjs so far. Best time so far is sub 6min.
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-04-05 22:02:44  
Lol Flashy shot is amazing now for some good spike numbers
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-04-05 22:30:02  
Ragnarok.Ninurta said: »
Spoiler'd for size, fun fight; mage hat, some weapons and some abjs so far. Best time so far is sub 6min.
Am I seeing a BLU proc'ing dagger?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-05 22:32:12  
wtf

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2012-04-05 22:32:44  
Your eyes deceive you; both BLUs' using Almace.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-05 22:33:47  
that's a relie- wait wtf
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23