user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-06-07 14:08:49  
Thank you sir.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-07 14:09:44  
You need to register an account (which is free) before you can download. I'd love to make .dats myself... always wanted to but I think I'm too lazy for that atm.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-06-07 14:49:34  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
You need to register an account (which is free) before you can download. I'd love to make .dats myself... always wanted to but I think I'm too lazy for that atm.

If you're not doing anything too crazy it's really not that hard, or even that time consuming. If you're doing crazy stuff well... you'll have to really read up on it. D:
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-07 15:25:43  
Yeah I really wanted to create new stuff, not just recolors. Something like the brotherhood sword or new avatar looks like the FFX shiva that guy did. That was amazing stuff.
By Kerayu2 2011-06-07 22:36:00  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Kaliyah said:
As for the other options for offhand, that is another reason I was considering mandau offhand. Granted mine is currently the 85 version, but that is still +30 att that I otherwise don't have.
Except it's not, because relics and mythics are stripped of all stats except base damage and delay when offhanded. No attack, no 3x damage procs, no poison, nothing. Mandau's sole benefit as an offhand is its low delay and solid DPS.

Damn, shows how often I use it off hand (never). I figured hidden wouldn't, but didn't know about additional stats. Wonder what the reasoning behind that is cause that is kind of asinine considering other weapons offhanded still retain stats ~shrugs~ Other than running around some I haven't really noticed that until now. The more you know ~shooting star~ Hell I'd be better off subbing /war for fencer and doing an updated pdt build then =/
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2011-06-07 23:20:20  
just messing around in abyssea yesterday..
RDM/BLU

TP

Sanguine Blade

getting around 1400(no tonic) 1600(tonic) inside abyssea with just MM, Undying, Baying Moon
~1050 outside of abyssea

proV, phalanx, cocoon makes normal mobs hit you for like 20-60 and you heal it all back with one sanguine blade.

It's a fun setup. I might work on improving it, but I know I'd be better off just leveling BLU.
By DuzellLevi 2011-06-07 23:43:24  
Fenrir.Caladbolg said:
RDM/BLU

TP

Sanguine Blade

getting around 1400(no tonic) 1600(tonic) inside abyssea with just MM, Undying, Baying Moon
~1050 outside of abyssea

proV, phalanx, cocoon makes normal mobs hit you for like 20-60 and you heal it all back with one sanguine blade.

It's a fun setup. I might work on improving it, but I know I'd be better off just leveling BLU.

Ditch the evasion torque, +7 on rdm there not gonna hit you any less, acc neck peice would be better to compensate for the B+ sword skill, chivalrus chain maybe. Also Calmanic Trousers, and zelus tiara would help alot as well as a goading belt and a athling mantle.

For WS obviously Novio and hecteyes would be better but at least try to get 1 of the 2 for your 2nd ear.
 Bismarck.Luces
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-06-07 23:51:54  
Duel wielding with off hand Chimariac flouret Rdm hits 14% DA, 2% triple atk now. Though I doubt Calmac trouser will be better for rdm in ws over tumbler trunks on Dex based ws(cdc, vorpal, evis). Add VV thats 24%. So inside abyssea the double atk off hand Khandi +2 would have a tough fight due to enspell damage +7 since it applies to both off hand and main hand hits, and the reduced gain from the +10 at that lvl).

Fenrir.Caladbolg said:
RDM/BLU

TP

Sanguine Blade

~1050 outside of abyssea

If your looking for straight sanguin blade then cosmos should be an atma.
swap MM for VV or high atk/def or atk str whatever fits the situation, We are Rdm's 40 extra strength from crour buffs does not cap our fstr or atk which is still factored into this ws and will improve your damage more then the mab will until it's capped, that's from personal testing from before I finished my Almace.
Once you get at least estoquers boots +1(+2 better), cape, and legs +2 you shouldn't run of mp using Sanguin blade and RF2 inside abyssea, even with a party.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-08 00:01:57  
Bismarck.Luces said:
If your looking for straight sanguin blade then cosmos should be an atma. swap MM for VV or high atk/def or atk str whatever fits the situation, We are Rdm's 40 extra strength from crour buffs does not cap our fstr or atk which is still factored into this ws and will improve your damage more then the mab will until it's capped, that's from personal testing from before I finished my Almace. Once you get at least estoquers boots +1(+2 better), cape, and legs +2 you shouldn't run of mp using Sanguin blade and RF2 inside abyssea, even with a party.
FSTR and atk both don't play any part in calculating dmg for magical ws's. Sanguine DOES have a STR component to it's WS mods but it's pretty small.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-08 17:30:08  
Kerayu2 said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Kaliyah said:
As for the other options for offhand, that is another reason I was considering mandau offhand. Granted mine is currently the 85 version, but that is still +30 att that I otherwise don't have.
Except it's not, because relics and mythics are stripped of all stats except base damage and delay when offhanded. No attack, no 3x damage procs, no poison, nothing. Mandau's sole benefit as an offhand is its low delay and solid DPS.

Damn, shows how often I use it off hand (never). I figured hidden wouldn't, but didn't know about additional stats. Wonder what the reasoning behind that is cause that is kind of asinine considering other weapons offhanded still retain stats ~shrugs~ Other than running around some I haven't really noticed that until now. The more you know ~shooting star~ Hell I'd be better off subbing /war for fencer and doing an updated pdt build then =/
Yeah, it's pretty stupid. I'm hoping they adjust it eventually, but won't hold my breath.

Anyway, as promised I ran some quick numbers. I used a 28 damage enspell, which is a high-end but not top-tier build (lacks the new enhancing magic skill body from Voidwatch) plus capped skill + merits. Also used 8/8 merited sword and dagger since we're comparing Mandau.

Started off with a comparison inside Abyssea. As I expected, STR Shamshir +2 came out slightly ahead of DA Khanda +2. More interestingly, Mandau 90 performed best out of all the weapons I compared even with just base damage/delay. Oneiros Knife was the closest contender inside Abyssea assuming critdmg+5%; if it's a 10% bonus then it would edge out Mandau. Chimeric Fleuret was next, followed by Sagasinger, then STR Shamshir +2 and DA Khanda +2. Chimeric Fleuret and Shamshir +2 would gain some ground vs higher level enemies.

Outside Abyssea, the order gets shuffled around a bit depending on what you're fighting. For new VT+ content expect Chimeric Fleuret to take the lead, followed by Sagasinger, Mandau, STR Shamshir +2, and then DA Khanda +2 and Oneiros Knife. For older content where defense is lower and thus physical damage is a greater part of your DPS, Sagasinger and Mandau are almost identical with Chimeric Fleuret close behind, followed by STR Shamshir +2, DA Khanda +2, and Oneiros Knife once again.

If enspell resists are an issue, Sagasinger is probably your best bet. Chimeric Fleuret and Mandau are still strong choices due to their strong damage/delay and the fleuret's DA+4%, though STR Shamshir will perform comparably. If you're /DNC instead of /NIN, the low delay weapons are slightly less attractive. Chimeric Fleuret gains ground if you need the accuracy+5, though there's also DEX Shamshir +2 to consider at that point.
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
user: Kerayu2
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2011-06-08 21:58:01  
Ah, good to know. I'm sure the DA Khanda shines in WS, but since it wouldn't be equal or comparable to the overall dot deficiency caused by its high delay I'd rather not waste the time. Here is to hoping I get the chance to finish 90 this next week then. Thanks for the time and effort to answer my question as well as offer other alternative weapons.
By Buzzwords 2011-06-09 17:50:27  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Anyway, as promised I ran some quick numbers. I used a 28 damage enspell, which is a high-end but not top-tier build (lacks the new enhancing magic skill body from Voidwatch) plus capped skill + merits. Also used 8/8 merited sword and dagger since we're comparing Mandau.

Started off with a comparison inside Abyssea. As I expected, STR Shamshir +2 came out slightly ahead of DA Khanda +2. More interestingly, Mandau 90 performed best out of all the weapons I compared even with just base damage/delay. Oneiros Knife was the closest contender inside Abyssea assuming critdmg+5%; if it's a 10% bonus then it would edge out Mandau. Chimeric Fleuret was next, followed by Sagasinger, then STR Shamshir +2 and DA Khanda +2. Chimeric Fleuret and Shamshir +2 would gain some ground vs higher level enemies.

Outside Abyssea, the order gets shuffled around a bit depending on what you're fighting. For new VT+ content expect Chimeric Fleuret to take the lead, followed by Sagasinger, Mandau, STR Shamshir +2, and then DA Khanda +2 and Oneiros Knife. For older content where defense is lower and thus physical damage is a greater part of your DPS, Sagasinger and Mandau are almost identical with Chimeric Fleuret close behind, followed by STR Shamshir, DA Khanda, and Oneiros Knife +2 once again.

If enspell resists are an issue, Sagasinger is probably your best bet. Chimeric Fleuret and Mandau are still strong choices due to their strong damage/delay and the fleuret's DA+4%, though STR Shamshir will perform comparably. If you're /DNC instead of /NIN, the low delay weapons are slightly less attractive. Chimeric Fleuret gains ground if you need the accuracy+5, though there's also DEX Shamshir +2 to consider at that point.

hmm.. on the one hand i am very surprised by your results.. are you counting aftermath? my understanding was that the da wins because you get more chances for double dmg to proc. on the other hand, yay i can just keep using my chimeric fleuret.

now what to do with the DA khanda i had already started... 2-4 could be fun but the dmg is terrible and the delay is even worse... sorta just a gimmick weapon...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-09 19:37:35  
Aftermath is fully accounted for, which is part of why the DA Khanda is such a piece of junk. 252 delay is quite slow for a sword, and it offsets the DA+10%. The other part is also due to the delay, that being that despite the additional attacks it's not particularly good for building TP. It's only marginally faster than a STR Shamshir +2 and slower than any of the other weapons.
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2011-06-10 01:12:30  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Just noticed this about .dat's. For the most part dat modding can be fairly simple, it isn't until you start doing major mesh alterations and animations that it becomes difficult or time consuming. Even then it really depends on how well you learn the tools used to do dat mods, but there are a slew of tutorials out there that can give you a crash course to at least familiarize yourself with how it is done. From there it is only limited by the obvious engine limitations and your imagination. Personally I try not to do anything beyond animation mods myself :x Just don't have as much free time to make them as I used to.

/end-derail
By Buzzwords 2011-06-15 23:23:04  
here's a question, wich pieces are better for CdC, assuming attack isn't capped. (cuz i figure if i'm capping att on it then it's to low lvl to worry about) aj vs antares harness? (18 att vs 8dex/5acc) also, rager ledelsens vs lithe boots (10 acc/12att vs 6dex)?
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-06-16 08:21:55  
Buzzwords said:
here's a question, wich pieces are better for CdC, assuming attack isn't capped. (cuz i figure if i'm capping att on it then it's to low lvl to worry about) aj vs antares harness? (18 att vs 8dex/5acc) also, rager ledelsens vs lithe boots (10 acc/12att vs 6dex)?

aj as in assault jerkin? really? antares hands down. Rager will do more good when your atk is not capped.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-16 08:24:51  
Bismarck.Luces said:
Buzzwords said:

aj as in assault jerkin? really? antares hands down. Rager will do more good when your atk is not capped.

How can the feet be soo much better than the body, when its basicly the same atk/dex ratio?:P

18atk vs 8 dex
12atk vs 6 dex
By Buzzwords 2011-06-16 15:08:27  
i think a lot of ppl just immediately dismiss assault jerkin cuz it's so old and been out of favor for so long. (i asked some of the peeps from my ls and one of the responses i got was "everything's better than an aj")

but yah.. boots are basically 2att vs 1 dex, body is actually slightly MORE att for the dex.

so if anything aj should have a better chance than rager ledelsens, right? wheres nightfyre?!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-16 17:06:13  
Buzzwords said:
wheres nightfyre?!
Busy swearing at various things and people who have lately made my life much more annoying than it has any reason to be.

Antares Harness and Rager Ledelsens win if they add needed accuracy. Antares and Lithe win if they have a significant impact on your critrate. Beyond that, depends on mob level/def. T+ mobs with non-paper defense favor Assault Jerkin over Antares Harness; Lithe Boots are generally better than Rager Ledelsens unless cRatio gets fairly low.

Oh, and Oneiros Knife is apparently 10% critdmg.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-16 17:08:15  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Buzzwords said:
wheres nightfyre?!
Busy swearing at various things and people who have lately made my life much more annoying than it has any reason to be.

Antares Harness and Rager Ledelsens win if they add needed accuracy. Antares and Lithe win if they have a significant impact on your critrate. Beyond that, depends on mob level/def. T+ mobs with non-paper defense favor Assault Jerkin over Antares Harness; Lithe Boots are generally better than Rager Ledelsens unless cRatio gets fairly low.

Oh, and Oneiros Knife is apparently 10% critdmg.

0_0
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2011-06-17 00:15:12  
Currently on rdm I'm using Assault jerken, mainly cause I can't justify buying antaras when it won't see any use outside of rdm to be honest. Being that I actively use a variety of jobs and utilize a multitude of gear swaps on each of them for various situations I tend not to buy something that only one job will see use out of unless it is exceedingly necessary. Aside from messing around on rdm I don't see the harness as fitting in that "necessary" bracket. Inside of abyssea I still see an average of 4-5k cdc and outside I'm seeing around 1200 average (thought I'll admit it was only on a small sample outside of abyssea). Unlike my blu WS gear, my rdm gear still needs a little more work in a couple slots, but so far it is showing good promise all the same.

Interesting tidbit about the dagger though, but does it have any draw backs? Such as the crit only affecting the hand the dagger is in or does it affect all hits regardless?
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-06-17 23:34:12  
Critical hit damage affects all forms of physical damage no matter how acquired iirc, i.e. brave grip/Augmented Yataghan affects ranged attacks.
By Buzzwords 2011-06-21 03:48:29  
if you don't mind my asking, what does your cdc set look like? also, what atmas do you use?

i typically use apoc, RR, and SS

and i ws in this, and my absolute BEST cdc ever was a 5.4k in aby, WITH a stalwarts tonic. (but no food, on an IT sand sweeper)

my averages are probably around 3.5k, and i don't see a ton of room to improve my set? i could pick up 1 or 2 dex by replacing the hollow? get an actually helpful augment on the jupiters ring.. i have some rager ledelsens sitting around so i might try those... then MAYBE an ant harness and.. i'm done? i feel like i must be overlooking something?
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-21 07:57:21  
Buzzwords said:
if you don't mind my asking, what does your cdc set look like? also, what atmas do you use?

i typically use apoc, RR, and SS

and i ws in this, and my absolute BEST cdc ever was a 5.4k in aby, WITH a stalwarts tonic. (but no food, on an IT sand sweeper)

my averages are probably around 3.5k, and i don't see a ton of room to improve my set? i could pick up 1 or 2 dex by replacing the hollow? get an actually helpful augment on the jupiters ring.. i have some rager ledelsens sitting around so i might try those... then MAYBE an ant harness and.. i'm done? i feel like i must be overlooking something?

ftfy
By Buzzwords 2011-06-21 15:01:58  
thanks, i dunno how to get the item boxes into the thread. :/
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2011-06-22 00:02:00  
Currently this is the set I use for CdC on rdm, but I have 2 macro scripts that will change out gear depending on situation. I'm still working on finishing gorget at this time (8 more phaubo organs to go).

Depending on situation I may use macro that favors dex over +att raising my +dex from 35 to 43, but at the loss of ~17att 2acc. Since I have a Whm mule that I tend to bring with me I use RR, SS, A&O instead of apoc and generally use Red curry buns as food, but being that the skill difference between rdm and blu is so different, I may back down to pizza for the added accuracy while still maintaining an attack boost. On occasions I'll see as little as 1500 due to missed hits since my accuracy seems to be around the 83% range last I parsed. I also have both the Str/att and Dex/Acc Shamshir+2 that I can sub in depending on situations, but having Mandau 90 the DoT damage is really nice due to delay difference.

Being as I'm mostly on blu, my rdm WS set is far from perfect much like my tp set on rdm.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-06-22 00:15:53  

The head is agi/dex +4, critical hit damage +2% ws damage +2%. I use VV, RR, and SS if I'm just going for straight damage, I'll average 3.5k with no food, ja, or drink. My highest so far without ja support from other jobs, is 5.6k.
This is currently what I use the dex ring has atk +1 augment(trying for better). I'm working on swapping out my sh+1 but not until I decide on what, and once I get the spare gil I'll be giving Rager ledelsons a test drive since I think they will work better with red curry buns.

Dyna xarc I average 1300 CDC's with the occasional 800-1000.
By Buzzwords 2011-06-22 00:40:38  
hmmm... looks like my headgear might be a little weak.

now... for the helm.. on my server the past is almost eternally under beastmen control. could i still get into that bcnm? or would it be less trouble to just get the moogle hat?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-22 00:50:13  
Buzzwords said:
hmmm... looks like my headgear might be a little weak.

now... for the helm.. on my server the past is almost eternally under beastmen control. could i still get into that bcnm? or would it be less trouble to just get the moogle hat?
Definitely less trouble to get the moogle hat. The final fight is a joke now. Getting a group to actually get back the areas for the BCNM seems like more of a *** to do than the expansion missions.