Abyssea And Its Effect On Players.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Abyssea and its effect on players.
Abyssea and its effect on players.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Daemun
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 09:31:51  
Asura.Solara said:
show up every night on a schedule to play a job you hate to get your ls leader gil so you can get some points...
What is this blasphemy!?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 09:41:48  
lol

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Halfpint 2011-01-07 11:36:14  
Here is another reason some ppl may play for hours.

when you get a pt that clicks...everyone does their job...and you are successful in dropping seals or whatever, every time you spawn the NM.

I'm not sure about others but when I get into a pt like that I'm going to be there until 1) I get everything I need, 2) til I fall asleep at the keyboard. Those pt's don't come along very often, so ppl take advantage of them when they do
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-01-07 12:47:30  
all Abyssea does is speed up the process. it gets those guys who stop playing for months to come back get there crap and then there gone again. seen it happen all the time from old friends to people in my my LS they come on get there stuff and stop playing again. those who spend days grinding in Abyeesa in ther little groups and as LSes thats fine to. casue once there done they become burnouts who have nothing to do. then they quit too.

it just gets them out of my way so i can do what i want to do. or while there hiding or there litle group is grinding that spot over and over and over. i can go do all the other stuff i want to do. as for the comparison of the emperian and relic and mystic. i know a guy who has 5 or 6 emperian weapons fully upgraded. he gets one a week. its all he does. and of course complains hes got nothing to do lol.

as far as it changing the game it has and it will forever. in the last 3 weeks ive been sent tells from LVL 90 BLU's asking how to self skill chain. A lvl 90 DRG asking me waht super jump did. and seeing people laugh at how gimped there skills are. "lol i cant hit ***my skill is only 104". sure it doenst hurt me it only hurt them.

so once again i point them to were they want to go and jsut go my own way. it gets them out of my way. its not me being a elitist.
its me avoiding them. want to have al ljobs at 90. go for it. want 12 emperial weapons go for it. your game you pay the fees.

have fun it was nice knowing yea. send me your gil when you burn out.

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-07 13:02:00  
New hardcore expansion for Lv. 90~99 content that requires actual skill and team work with people who have capped combat/magic/defensive skill and know how to play their job
can I have it?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-07 13:18:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
New hardcore expansion for Lv. 90~99 content that requires actual skill and team work with people who have capped combat/magic/defensive skill and know how to play their job
can I have it?

So something XI has never seen then.
 Siren.Eremes
サーバ: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-01-07 13:18:23  
Abyssea has made people more hardcore? Do you remember what the old HNM scene used to be like? Darting from Fafhogg/KB camp to Khim, to DI/SW, to Einherjar, to Dynamis, to Tia?

I just did Kirin again last night for the first time since the TH update, and all I could think of the entire time was how much less stupid it would be if we could Blue/Grellow it so TH9 would make it drop something other than a Kirin's Pole.

Playing for several hours on end in Abyssea doesn't necessarily mean people have gotten more hardcore (in fact, I'm pretty sure they haven't). It just means with the same time you used to devote before, you can suddenly get so much more done.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-07 13:33:24  
Siren.Eremes said:
Abyssea has made people more hardcore? Do you remember what the old HNM scene used to be like? Darting from Fafhogg/KB camp to Khim, to DI/SW, to Einherjar, to Dynamis, to Tia?

I just did Kirin again last night for the first time since the TH update, and all I could think of the entire time was how much less stupid it would be if we could Blue/Grellow it so TH9 would make it drop something other than a Kirin's Pole.

Playing for several hours on end in Abyssea doesn't necessarily mean people have gotten more hardcore (in fact, I'm pretty sure they haven't). It just means with the same time you used to devote before, you can suddenly get so much more done.

Dude that sucked so bad, especially when you had lines on Ebody/Ridill and ***. You could spend a year out right and not get jack ***if leaders *** blocked you.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-07 13:55:33  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
can I have it?

It could be argued that Abyssea requires the most skill/teamwork. Sure you can throw 18 people at an NM, or you could separate your group of 18 into 4 groups of 4 (with 2 5s) and kill 4 NMs at once etc if you are good enough...

Previously being better just meant you killed faster.
[+]

Post deleted by User.