Double Damage On Ranged Attacks?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Double damage on ranged attacks?
Double damage on ranged attacks?
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-04 13:22:25  
I've noticed lately that some of my ranged attacks are hitting for exactly double the amount of damage than normal. I took some screen shots I can post in a bit of me using a crappy perdu xbow farming djinn ash. I have full af3+2 so I'm wondering if the augments rapid shot set bonus allows for double damage when rapid shot procs? Or it could be the augments velocity shot on the body? Has anyone else noticed this? I first noticed it on my relic, but I just discarded it as a crappy triple damage proc when it was actually a double damage proc. After seeing double damage proc on the perdu xbow I knew that it wasn't just the relic.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-04 13:23:53  
That's exactly what the Augment's Rapid Shot effect does, congratulations on being the last horse across the finish line.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rienea
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2011-01-04 13:24:49  
It's your matrimony ring's hidden effect ('-'*)
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-04 13:46:14  
So where was this posted so the other horses could finish before me? or did you magically figure it out by yourself with your level 20 RNG?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-04 13:53:53  
Bismarck.Helel said:
So where was this posted so the other horses could finish before me? or did you magically figure it out by yourself with your level 20 RNG?

It's not my responsibility to do research for you, learn to use Google.

Seriously though, This has been known since Scars of Abyssea, you only require two EAF+2 to activate the set, albeit it's rare to have the effect process, but nothing someone with a spare 20minutes couldn't figure out.

[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-04 14:02:51  
Actually it is if you claim to already have known this. Please provide a link to where this was already posted. Thanks!

All I see on google is that people assumed it increased the rate of rapid shot processing. I was attempting to contribute by posting new information about it. Also, I don't know many rangers who enjoy going out and wasting their ammo for 20 minutes to see if the augments rapid shot is actually a chance for double damage proc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-04 14:29:00  
Now that we've cleared up Zicdeh's BS, does anyone know if it would be more prudent to begin shots with rapid shot+ gear and then swap to AF3 before the shot goes off? Or do you need the AF3 equipped at the beginning and end of the shot for the effect to proc?
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-04 14:37:08  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Actually it is if you claim to already have known this. Please provide a link to where this was already posted. Thanks!

All I see on google is that people assumed it increased the rate of rapid shot processing. I was attempting to contribute by posting new information about it. Also, I don't know many rangers who enjoy going out and wasting their ammo for 20 minutes to see if the augments rapid shot is actually a chance for double damage proc.
Because lower level ammunition isn't 10,000g/stack on your server...
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-04 14:44:32  
Luz said:
Bismarck.Helel said:
Actually it is if you claim to already have known this. Please provide a link to where this was already posted. Thanks! All I see on google is that people assumed it increased the rate of rapid shot processing. I was attempting to contribute by posting new information about it. Also, I don't know many rangers who enjoy going out and wasting their ammo for 20 minutes to see if the augments rapid shot is actually a chance for double damage proc.
Because lower level ammunition isn't 10,000g/stack on your server...

Why spend 10k when you can just ask on these forums. Is that not what they are for? Instead of being smart arses, you could have just told him and avoided the extra posts. I dont know the answer to this, but Im sure someone does. Do some people think its cool troll for no reason what so ever. I wonder if people act like this in rl.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-01-05 13:50:11  
Would say if the % activation rate on double dmg is high (I imagine its like 15% total with all 5 pieces). Or does the set bonus cause each rapid shot to be double dmg? If its every single rapid shot then ya I'd say just use 5/5 +2 honestly... can easily still 4-hit on Anni rng.