users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Rani
Rani
 Fenrir.Surgator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2011-01-03 22:59:37  
Okay i was wondering since on ffwiki we don't have a lot of info of that captuar and he seem realy the nastyest one i have see! Can we kill it without brew? what good setup to use againt's him? because we tryed to kill it now and we whipe and we weren't event near is death because he was at 40% and the 40% we put it was with someone with a brew..... but i still think that every nm can be done without brew so does some ppl have some info on that nm and what setup is good againt him? i see a lot of ppl hit for 0 too on that nm , so time ot pop make him vulnerable to some weapon or moon phase?

Thank you for all the answer ppl will put!
[+]
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2011-01-03 23:02:54  
tbh i have not seen or heard of anyone beating him without a brew or letting him deagro to let his defense reset... i dunno if its even possible outside of those 2 methods
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-03 23:17:57  
I saw an all pet ally kill it legit.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-03 23:23:40  
I've seen it killed several times without brew by well organized and geared linkshells, it just takes strategy and skill. If you use a brew and cannot kill it, you are doing it wrong. He has high magical resist, so use physical WS during brew. Do not WS him while he's using an ability or it heals him. A good rule of thumb is that you wont be able to kill it with a shout-party, unless you have multiple brews, or one smart player with a brew.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-03 23:24:46  
Really? I brewed on sam and jinpu/koki out did gekko/fudo
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-03 23:28:16  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
I've seen it killed several times without brew by well organized and geared linkshells, it just takes strategy and skill. If you use a brew and cannot kill it, you are doing it wrong. He has high magical resist, so use physical WS during brew. Do not WS him while he's using an ability or it heals him. A good rule of thumb is that you wont be able to kill it with a shout-party, unless you have multiple brews, or one smart player with a brew.

All you need is someone who knows how to turn and a good WS. Hell, even a brewing MNK can just Ascetics Fury it to death.
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2011-01-03 23:33:15  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
yeah ive noticed that.. seen a pic where jinpu did 65k to shinryu.. and for some reason magic blu spells do more then physical too..
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-03 23:42:27  
Odin.Arnor said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
yeah ive noticed that.. seen a pic where jinpu did 65k to shinryu.. and for some reason magic blu spells do more then physical too..

Not for some reason its because attack and fSTR cap while MAB and dINT do not.
[+]
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2011-01-03 23:51:03  
Earth Crusher > Ascetic's Fury, for this reason, on monk. I hate to admit it, but that's the way it goes.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-04 00:06:55  
Way too many people use "fSTR" in posts on this site where it has little/no relevance to the topic at hand. "fSTR" is not even something in need of discussion if you're in any Abyssea zone and did not neglect to get your abyssite.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-04 00:27:12  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Odin.Arnor said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

WSC doesn't cap either. Magic bonuses (read: MAB) just scale better than physical options.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-04 00:27:30  
True strike is fun too, did 9k >.>
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-04 01:15:59  
I should have said for MOST jobs phys weaponskills are better on rani, just because he has high magic resistance. Jobs that have powerful magical WS might still be better off using them.
 Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah 2011-01-04 01:50:10  
Our ls (Anduril) has killed Rani on our first try... but took us 2hrs... (of course without brewing..)

But he REALLY is a nasty nasty *** mob...

soo good luck to all~ (not very fun.. as you might think he is..)
[+]
 Odin.Spccdog
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-01-04 01:54:35  
2 mnk whm rdm blm brd can do it without brew. one mnk on it then just have other monk grab it while one gets charmed and slept.smite ftw. cant be noob mnks in full af2 etc etc
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-04 02:03:49  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Odin.Arnor said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

WSC doesn't cap either. Magic bonuses (read: MAB) just scale better than physical options.

I know it doesn't but its irrelevant as it adds almost nothing.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-04 02:04:06  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
I should have said for MOST jobs phys weaponskills are better on rani, just because he has high magic resistance. Jobs that have powerful magical WS might still be better off using them.

Wrong try again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-04 02:31:52  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Wrong try again.

I have seen rani brewed many times, and phys ws have always done almost twice as much as magic ws. When I brewed it on thf, my evis did much more than aeolian.

A nin brewing used blade chi for 3kish, whereas jin was doing 9k. I don't see how magic is better for rani.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-04 02:32:54  
Would recommend rangers with 10 tp/tic atmas set. Don't need to shoot Rani at all, just WS her when she's casting. Brought her down fairly quickly using this strategy. We had PLD for tank, shocking I know.

While I'm posting here, I'm curious if anyone has noticed her -dt not affecting ranged attacks? My coronach was doing exactly the same damage the whole fight. It took us about 30 minutes but I didn't notice any -dt whatsoever.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-04 02:33:07  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Wrong try again.

I have seen rani brewed many times, and phys ws have always done almost twice as much as magic ws. When I brewed it on thf, my evis did much more than aeolian.

A nin brewing used blade chi for 3kish, whereas jin was doing 9k. I don't see how magic is better for rani.

Pics or it didnt happen my jinpu was doing 10-30k. died in 3 WS ya i guess i should have used gekko sigh.
[+]
By Pooman 2011-01-04 03:14:14  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Would recommend rangers with 10 tp/tic atmas set. Don't need to shoot Rani at all, just WS her when she's casting. Brought her down fairly quickly using this strategy. We had PLD for tank, shocking I know.

While I'm posting here, I'm curious if anyone has noticed her -dt not affecting ranged attacks? My coronach was doing exactly the same damage the whole fight. It took us about 30 minutes but I didn't notice any -dt whatsoever.

I'm curious to how you know Rani is female.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-04 03:15:18  
Valefor.Mithano said:
Earth Crusher > Ascetic's Fury, for this reason, on monk. I hate to admit it, but that's the way it goes.
I'd be surprised if earth crusher beat Catalysm
By Pooman 2011-01-04 03:15:26  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Wrong try again.

Pics or it didnt happen my jinpu was doing 10-30k. died in 3 WS ya i guess i should have used gekko sigh.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-04 04:09:55  
im curious if blue physical spells spam is better than doing ws's? with rr and vv atma? i need a lil information on this because im clueless about blue magic potential with those atmas + brew
 Asura.Darkultima
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-01-04 04:47:06  
Pooman said:
Bismarck.Helel said:

I'm curious to how you know Rani is female.
> It is directly analogous to the Queen of modern Chess.
>>Atma of the Merciless Matriarch
Fenrir.Surgator said:

we don't have a lot of info of that captuar
Jesus guys, it aint that difficult C-A-T-U-R-A-E >.>

Also i dont see where you saw rani has lame MDT? a friend of mine raped it in 1 min nuking her to death brewed lol
That ninja was just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to use lolbladechi, as blade yu does WAY more dmg
EDIT: also were he using any MAB atmas? >.>
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-04 05:08:03  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Wrong try again.

Jinpu falls under the category of "more powerful magical ws" in this case.
[+]
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2011-01-05 04:54:03  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Mithano said:
I'd be surprised if earth crusher beat Catalysm

I doubt it would, you're probably right. Monk I saw brew didn't have his staff up that high, though.

grozny said:
To lazy atm to crop resize:

Terra's staff.
ATMA: Apoc, Ultimate, Beyond

Normal gear, not enough mab gear mnk could wear and didn't really spend anytime looking into what I had. Just threw a moldy earring on.

Pics:
By Sambb 2011-01-05 06:37:30  
I saw a comment about rng earlier and I have fought this mob a couple of times and ive noticed that indeed rngs dmg does not seem to decrease at all through the fight.

We went in with 4 rngs

unfortunately 3 need better gear 1 was complete trash however

the one geared well was WS easy 1k sidewinder throughout the fight we got it to 40% held it for a while then some one brewed because they got bored.

If you take 4-5 rngs with usual tank set up it speeds up the fight trenendously if they know when to ws to not heal it.