users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Forbidden Key Etiquette
Forbidden Key Etiquette
 Quetzalcoatl.Jonah
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: JonSnow
By Quetzalcoatl.Jonah 2011-01-03 13:35:21  
I just returned to the game with the Heroes release and since then I have been in several Abyssea parties, however I still have a few quick questions about forbidden keys.

If you are the chest opener in an xp party, what is the proper etiquette? For example, which treasure will you transfer to the party pool? Will it transfer automatically or will you need to do it manually? Additionally, for key items, you ask for a /random, correct?

Is there anything else that I should know about opening the chests? Should you buy a reraise earring and provide yourself with reraises in the event of being KO'd? Any other advice would be appreciated.

Additionally, I searched and was unable to find another topic addressing this specific question. However, if there is another post about this, please lock this thread and point me in the direction of that post. Thank you.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 13:42:49  
Correct policy is to ask your party leader what they want you to do with the contents of said chests. Normal items are almost always transferred to pool (you have to do it after opening the chest), but those organizing runs frequently take KIs for their group first and then open them to everyone else later. Useful augmented items are usually /randomed unless there's an internal system set up among those organizing, they probably won't care what you do with the crap augments.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-01-03 15:17:02  
@op Don't be the chest ***, it's a crap job that has been shown to cause lameness and craptastic suckitude. It's also been known to cause whoreishness especially while sleep driving. Contact your doctor if you develop a debilitating *** rash, have increased thoughts about suicide, or itchy palms and the intense desire to gamble. Drinking heavily may increase these symptoms. If you can't afford to pay attention Astra Zenica may be able to help....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 15:42:03  
Shiva.Nikolce said:
lameness and craptastic suckitude
Quote:
Life Belt, Royal Army Mantle
?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-03 15:47:17  
You forgot all pink and the level 58 weapon.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-03 15:48:05  
I suggest finding a good linkshell to do abyssea with instead of joining shout parties. a 6-man (or fewer) party of well geared/atma'd players will fare much better than an 18-man alliance of shout-partiers.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-01-03 16:02:04  
Most key *** are there just to help partys. If you go to the Hero Areas.. Usually when you get a invite, ( I.e Abyssea Grahberg, Ule, or Altep, Your going to be the Chest *** that usually does T.E or the latter said, open chests to reveal treasure..)

Its not hard to do T.E chests. This will be your job while getting Notes at Dominon Dood. While Leveling and doing chests, You will get your Notes for yoru Campaign Armour of the jobs you will level...well kinda.. they will drop at Campaign guy but only random...

Its the downside of being key ***.. that your are low level doing just that.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-03 16:20:32  
Alliences look for keywhores more often these days because they want cruior profit for brews.
Things to key:
1)time extensions
2)cruoir
3)exp
4)temps
5)lights(if capped gold/silver/ebon)
6)AF3/scrolls (add them to loot)
7)pop items (add them to loot)
8)Announce Key items in party chat
9)Augment items (announce only good augments)
^If you keywhore sometimes you can just take shitty augments for gil, some parties don't like that.
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-01-04 04:20:44  
being key *** is one of the most stressful parts. at least for me. opening chests and getting replacements.

the longer you stay in the harder it becomes. Key items in chests. make annotations for Random who need. do at least 5x use temp items in party chat. and besides that getting replacements is kinda the last part of it that makes it no fun at all.

well at least i work for my exp. and YES this is work. no fun at all.

basically: listen to alliance or party leader. if he has no clue open blue chests and red if pearl and azure and maybe ebon light is in it.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-01-04 04:57:03  
My 2 biggest pet peves with hey *** are when they stop opening silver/gold chests... new people comming in and out all the time so just because you are caped doesnt meen everyone is. That and for gods sakes stop /telling people in abyssea if they have leader and making it sound like you would be doing some great favor... if key *** is needed they have one or 1 out of the 18 people in the alliance is changing for it already, if they are doing nms key *** is not needed and lastly telling them you have 200ish keys is not going to impress >.>
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-01-12 13:21:24  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
lameness and craptastic suckitude
Quote:
Life Belt, Royal Army Mantle
?
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
You forgot all pink and the level 58 weapon.

I probably should have began with... Hi, my name is Nikolce and I am a pupkeywhoreaholic. (all "Hi Nik") I have suffered from cronic lameness for 2,000 staright game days etc... I thought everyone would automatically assume I was speaking from experiance when I said the key *** job sucked, but as they say never assume....

My son soloed, duoed and grinded his way to 70 on pup and then I keywhored it to 90 in an evening. So now he is running around doing trials to get a decent weapon, skilling up his gimp skills, wearing all pink etc.. Pup is his job, I suck at it and I refuse to gear it properly becasue its LOLPUP for christsakes. The most awesome PUP on all the servers gets what? Besides ridicule and lots of pointing and laughing. Try to fill in this blank "We're gunna do ______, so what we really need is an awesome pup!!!" I get "Nik we need your WHM, SAM, SMN and on rare occasion PLD for __________" never once got asked to come pup to anything... except a strip party one time.

Exactly, but still, you don't wanna be a lameass Pinky Tuscedaro Pup like me! Just keep grinding, grinding, grinding FOV all the way to 90. Go ask your mom for some extra allowance so you can by the most elite gear. And one day you can be the most super awesome weenie in all of weenie town and then go into work/school and brag your *** off about how you soloed the pandamonium warden with your puppet and sit back and wait for them to fire the net cannon at you.

The login warning screen has always read "Abandon Hope, all Ye Who Enter Here"