Gear Choices For RNG TP?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Gear choices for RNG TP?
Gear choices for RNG TP?
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-01-01 09:00:55  
Hello, been leveling RNG recently and trying to get gear for it as i level (Currently sitting at 63 for a while now waiting for gear). Picked up some nice things but other areas are seriously lacking was wondering if anyone could give me tips on RNG TP set for once i hit 90. Not looking for anything too intense, i know the +2 legs would be better just looking to get it to the point where i dont have to feel publicly humiliated taking my rng out (Which is how i would feel now were my RNG at 90)

Yes i know some places are obvious IE getting the +1 sylvan set would be an improvement and isnt too hard just need some input
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-01 09:33:59  
Kinda depends on what you plan on taking it out for... if you are using it on nms you might find yourself not really tping much. Frankly you can set 10 regain in atmas right now which is pretty awesome lol
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-01-01 09:35:53  
You're af boots, aurore head and hands need to go lol. Macro the head in for snapshot but change out of it after that. AF head for rng is better then aurore head irc and for gloves see if you cant get some crimson or seiryu hands. Sky is easy now srsly. And for feet idk War boots are prolly easy to get. I'm a COR so idk what all RNG's have.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-01-01 10:56:44  
get rid of a acc ring and use Rajas, and work on getting a 5 hit build without Atmas for outside Abyssea, I agree with the Smiley, Start in aurore head, finish in Hunter's beret/+1, it's what I do

hands, get rid of the Aurore crap and get yourself some Seiryu's kote or crimson / blood kote

Got a WS set as well? I swap out rings, earrings, waist, feet and head for a ***load of STR gear, eating meat i barely miss my SW's / slugs

for body, get yourself Af3+1 or a Kirin's Osode which are mega cheap now :D
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-01 10:59:22  
Basically all you really need is AF3 just from looking at that set above. Like dasva said also, with regain atmas your tp gear really isn't that important either. It takes me about 1-2 shots to get to 100% with gun, not sure about bow. Can use the grip that drops from Rani for str+4 or rose grip if you need. AF3 back is good. May want to consider using a str ring, ranged attack ring, or possibly store tp ring if you feel comfortable with your acc. WoTG earring with regain and ranged attack +4 is very nice as well.
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2011-01-01 11:21:55  
Dasva, whenever I see your avatar, I hear House's voice in my head repeating "Oh Snap"... Gets stuck in my head every time. well played sir.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-01 11:31:54  
Asura.Nususu said:
Dasva, whenever I see your avatar, I hear House's voice in my head repeating "Oh Snap"... Gets stuck in my head every time. well played sir.
Yeah I love that... and the one where he Oh snaps the male nurse
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-01-01 14:36:43  
@Hiryo
Already have a tamas and not interested in making the switch over to Rajas

@smiley how would macro something in for snapshot? just macro it at the start of the ranged attack then switch to ratk after 1sec or so?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-01 14:41:00  
You really should switch to rajas. Tamas is 150% outdated and will never be the best ring to use for any situation. Hell it wasn't that good before the lvl cap increases. Unless you wanted to increase your invent space by not having int and mnd rings
 Cerberus.Hiryo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-01-01 16:02:19  
Asura.Patriclis said:
@Hiryo

@smiley how would macro something in for snapshot? just macro it at the start of the ranged attack then switch to ratk after 1sec or so?

Just looked at RNG af3 head, get that (Sylvan Gapette +1) and you don't need to macro in different heads, has RATK / RACC and Sharpshot
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-01 16:29:45  
Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
@Hiryo

Just looked at RNG af3 head, get that (Sylvan Gapette +1) and you don't need to macro in different heads, has RATK / RACC and Sharpshot

Why wouldn't you trade it for Rajas?