users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Holy bolt atma/gear sets in Abyssea
Holy bolt atma/gear sets in Abyssea
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-12-31 12:56:53  
This is going to be long; my bad

I haven't been RNG for a good 6 months, and I was wondering if anyone has tried out a holy bolt/trueflight setup in Abyssea.

Lets start with atma. At 84 just before i gave RNG a break, I was proccing 80~120 additional effect with only using Atma of the sellsword (exp on puks). But with new gear, and new atma, I was wondering what the optimal atmas to use would be. I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Atma of the Holy mountain: seeing as how holy bolts alone aren't affected by MAB, I was thinking that instead of boosting MND directly, It would be better to buff straight light damage. It also allows you to take full use of light day/weather effects.

Atma of the Beyond: MAB for trueflight and light elemental attack for regular attacks. It would fair well.

Atma of the Razed Ruin: I was thinking if you re going to be spamming, why not crit the ***out of everything.

Atma of the Gnarl Horned: AGI for Trueflight and Racc, as well as another Crit bonus. And with AGI affecting subtle blow, it will help cut down the tp feed of the mob.

Runners up are:

Atma of the Einherjar: i know where even close to this. MND major and STR minor would be good, but this is out of reach.

Atma of the Shattering Star: RNG is one of the only jobs that can fully benefit from this. This would be great for Trueflight spam.

Gear:

RNG is my only job that I have no AF3 for, but I'm slowly getting all my seals now. But in all seriousness, the only useful peace for a holy bolt setup is the head and legs. Feet would be good if I didnt have the Praeda set or sune-ate/kote. And depending on what atma I don't think there is any point in raising ratt if all you do is crit. I'm interested to see some updated gear sets before I start to redo mine. (ill post mine sometime this week.

Thanks for any input.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-31 13:10:19  
Even with full mab/agi you'd be lucky to push 3k on most xp lvl mobs with trueflight unfortunately
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 13:12:39  
is Atma of the Undying in there anywhere? I think thats the mnd+50 atma or even Carabosse's Atma of the Alure, +30%mp (obviously useless for this) +30 mnd and enmity-30 .. just something to consider I suppose. and i wouldn't skoff at 3k per trueflight if you can spam that kind of dmg with a fluid crossbow or something
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-31 13:15:29  
I only skoff it cause you wouldn't really be using it more than other ws and you'd lose alot of dps building for it. Plus Wildfire is sexy
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-31 13:16:00  
was leveling RNG the other day, with razed ruin, gnarled horn, and stout arm, among many other atma combinations the highest I could get sidewinder with siege bow was ~2300-2600, arching arrow with the combination listed will do anywhere from 1300-2600. Then I pulled out my gun and set up my trueflight build, put on atma of the beyond, atma of the ultimate, and atma of the sea daughter for the 5/tic regain. Ended up using 1 bronze bullet per mob and doing 22-2300 per trueflight on cockatrice which was about 35% of their health. Started working with the other RNG who had 2 atmas and sea daughter on too, and we were doing light on cockatrice at 90% and killing them.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-12-31 13:24:41  
Ahh, I missed Atma of the undying. Good to know. I'm not sure if increasing straight elemental attack is better then piling on mind. And the fact you re spamming bolts means that RR would be something to consider. Personal preference, what 3 atmas would you use?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 13:35:36  
idk honestly, my rng is too low, but i would think DPS wise, stacking more mnd would be better because of the added effect dmg..but again my rng is low and i could be way off base...but i would go with Atma of the Beyond (30 MAB 30 Light MAB) atma of the allure (cuz that dmg is gonna pull hate, so might as well stack mnd and enmity-) and I guess the final one, i'd use atma of the ultimate for that huge MAB+ for your WS .. just my guess as a lower rng or swap undying for ultimate, for that +50 mnd (i believe there is a +50 mnd one out there..i think thats it...there is a +50 for every other stat)