users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Scars Avatars
Scars Avatars
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-12-30 13:36:37  
Does anyone know what purpose these serve if any ? In vision areas 2 of 3 drops abyssite but the remaining 4 dont drop anything except temp items and the occasional death by 2hr . i been keepin an eye on the wiki for a possible purpose for these mobs aside from EXP/Cruor/Death but there doesnt seem to be one . has anyone tried building light off them to see if maybe they serve as alternatives to Emphs ? i have been told that killing NMs in Abyssea grant light bonuses like Emphs but havent actually found or seen any solid proof of this . At times i question the supposed bonus from Emphs as sometimes it seems to work and sometimes it doesnt . And yes i am conning them and they con as T-VT @90.

*pushes hater start button*
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-12-30 13:39:48  
I think there was talk of one of the 5 or so in the zone being a placeholder for the respective Caturae, but I don't know if testing has been done on that. Whenever i've gone to kill the caturae and they aren't up, they spawn about 1~3 min after we kill the avatars, but that could very well be completely coincidental.