Spellcast and Hp buff
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-31 02:07:08  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
I solo a lot of ***on SMN while keeping conjurer's ring active, which is ~756HP and I have no trouble, even when avatars are down and i'm the one kiting, I can kite ironclads/aggressor antlion and never come close to getting killed.

Kiting/shadows/stoneskin, so much better than standing there with an abundance of HP while willingly lowering your performance/damage.

Sure you have all that MAB from atmas etc, but in my opinion you're still lowering your potential by not having sorc ring on top of that.

Mp is definitely a none issue in abyssea if you need that +1 mp a tick you have far bigger problems like getting proper atmas sounds to me like you dont have MM.

I have MM+ambition, my MP is just fine ty.

However I did used to use conjurer's a lot more when I had no atma and also when I only had ambition, especially since it used to be the key piece for gear-free garuda, and I still use it on the other celestials outside of abyssea. Why? because not using it gives me 1 more perp than I don't HAVE to have, and to me that's lowering my overall performance over HP I don't need because I know how to survive through other means, and can do things with 700hp that some SMNs couldn't do if they had 9999 HP, because I go that little bit extra to be the best at my job.

Not saying i'm the best at my job lol, but I make an effort :/
[+]
 Shiva.Matsuro
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nia
By Shiva.Matsuro 2010-12-31 02:14:39  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
I solo a lot of ***on SMN while keeping conjurer's ring active, which is ~756HP and I have no trouble, even when avatars are down and i'm the one kiting, I can kite ironclads/aggressor antlion and never come close to getting killed.

Kiting/shadows/stoneskin, so much better than standing there with an abundance of HP while willingly lowering your performance/damage.

Sure you have all that MAB from atmas etc, but in my opinion you're still lowering your potential by not having sorc ring on top of that.

Mp is definitely a none issue in abyssea if you need that +1 mp a tick you have far bigger problems like getting proper atmas sounds to me like you dont have MM.

I have MM+ambition, my MP is just fine ty.

However I did used to use conjurer's a lot more when I had no atma and also when I only had ambition, especially since it used to be the key piece for gear-free garuda, and I still use it on the other celestials outside of abyssea. Why? because not using it gives me 1 more perp than I don't HAVE to have, and to me that's lowering my overall performance over HP I don't need because I know how to survive through other means, and can do things with 700hp that some SMNs couldn't do if they had 9999 HP, because I go that little bit extra to be the best at my job.

Not saying i'm the best at my job lol, but I make an effort :/

This. If you know how to play your job correctly and you aren't a tank, HP should never be an issue since you should never get hate and /or hit. If you are, you always have other tools to aid your survival as people have stated in previous posts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 02:17:19  
Well can just agree to disagree I suppose there is no right or wrong way to do this. If 10 MAB if what float your boat go for it .I for one am glad I sold mine for 1 mil before it dropped even lower from than 2 mil I bought it for.
 Shiva.Matsuro
By Shiva.Matsuro 2010-12-31 02:24:35  
Oh alright.
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-31 03:11:13  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Like he said, its no trouble to go the extra step, so why gimp yourself? you are being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 03:13:22  
Asura.Matzilla said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Like he said, its no trouble to go the extra step, so why gimp yourself? you are being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

In my opinion being at 45% hp is gimping myself a lot more so than losing 10 MAB don't like it fine do it how you want. Don't call me a retard buddy.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-31 03:14:40  
you have manawall, enmity douse, and a brain.. beyond that you were gonna die anyways
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-31 07:06:03  
I'm gonna agree with Maxse here..
I find myself -ga/jaing mobs to death often, and manawall cant stay up fulltime you know >_>.
I do 5k-ish nukes even without sorc ring(Tho I thought it was active.. /facepalm)

Going all the way down to 700hp is a no-go, and sorc ring would become too situational.
[+]
 Shiva.Matsuro
By Shiva.Matsuro 2010-12-31 08:53:33  
If you guys are debating if HP or MAB is better in an EXP pt at worm camp, please drop the subject at hand since you probably leveled it to only have a job that can get invites for merit parties.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-31 09:08:09  
Shiva.Matsuro said:
If you guys are debating if HP or MAB is better in an EXP pt at worm camp, please drop the subject at hand since you probably leveled it to only have a job that can get invites for merit parties.

Why would I ever need to get merits.. capped them before aby came out >_>
TE/Gold chests during NM farms? ever heard of that?:P
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 09:27:27  
Shiva.Matsuro said:

No doubt about it sorc ring would be great for abyssea exp pts....

All my jobs I want leveled are 90 I have almost 700 merits enough to cap my 5 jobs....

I dont merit, if I am doing something it is either solo AGAing mobs for magian staff trials, soloing seal NMs or low manning bosses and high tier AF +2 NMs.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-31 10:29:29  
10 mab should be about 200 more dmg on blizzard V...

And I think my blms survival rate in group speaks for itself as far as hp mattering
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-31 10:36:05  
10 more MAB would be great, but running around at 700/1700hp just isnt worth it to me I think >_<
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-31 10:37:51  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
10 more MAB would be great, but running around at 700/1700hp just isnt worth it to me I think >_<
Why would you even bother getting the hp cruor buff if you gunna run around that low anwyays?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-31 10:42:18  
Suppose I could just have them on when -ga/jaing stuff etc and not use the ring then, but ugh >_>
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-31 20:58:28  
Maybe cause it's easier to get all cruor buffs rather than all but one?