WTB Briareus Helms!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » WTB Briareus Helms!
WTB Briareus Helms!
First Page 2
By Egonn 2010-12-28 09:58:16  
I'm buying briareus helms. I need 42 of them. I'll pay 100k per. Please send tell in game or leave a message. Also looking for zone kills for scars and hero's.
 Asura.Nususu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2010-12-28 10:05:55  
50k per? You may need to offer more than that for any real interest.
[+]
 Asura.Nalien
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2010-12-28 10:36:23  
Considering all Briareus drops is rubbish, pretty much so.
Sash has already fallen too, since alot of people spam that thing for just Helms.
And spending roughly an hour for 100k (assuming two Helms) split amongst the amount of people attending to farm and kill the guy, I doubt you will ever find anyone to sell you those things.
[+]
By Egonn 2010-12-28 13:27:24  
Usually all of the KI's drop to people in a fell cleave party which usually takes place at the frog camp so it's not really a big deal to kill him 3 times in an hour or two with 5 or so people. If I can't get them at 50k I'll just slowly farm them, no issue.

But I'm also interested in Zone Kills if anyone needs the help in a hero's zone lmk a price, plus I'll help you.
 Sylph.Conchita
サーバ: Sylph
user: Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-12-28 13:43:32  
Those key items don't come from Gold chests, so you _have_ to farm them from the other 3 gigas themselves.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-12-28 13:50:17  
Sylph.Conchita said:
Those key items don't come from Gold chests, so you _have_ to farm them from the other 3 gigas themselves.

Untrue. All key items in the first 3 zones come from chests. In fact I just got one of them from a chest 2 days ago.
[+]
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-12-28 13:54:18  
Almost every KI, you mean.
 Sylph.Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-12-28 14:17:42  
Why is it not listed as a possible drop from gold chests then? ;\ I've never farmed them from chests, only from the NMs themselves, so I only go by what it says on lolwiki.

Example
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dented_Gigas_Shield
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-28 14:30:33  
Well then Wiki is wrong.
/shocked
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-12-28 14:35:39  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Well then Wiki is wrong. /shocked

Impossible!!!!
 Sylph.Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-12-28 14:40:08  
Always worked for me :P At any rate I'm not gonna go and try to farm it from chests to prove wiki is wrong. If Kimble says he/she got one from chest, then that's great and I guess wiki is wrong. I only go in there for those KI anyway, so probably faster for me to just kill the Gigas as is. Sorry about wrong info then :0

One of the 500 nubs that edit wiki can go edit that now then.
 Fairy.Squeak
サーバ: Fairy
user: Squeak
By Fairy.Squeak 2010-12-28 14:47:21  
I sell you helms for xp leech on my rdm!!!
 Sylph.Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-12-28 14:52:14  
Fairy.Squeak said:
I sell you helms for xp leech on my rdm!!!

NO!! I'll let you leech :3 This weekend np
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-28 14:56:49  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Untrue. All key items in the first 3 zones come from chests. In fact I just got one of them from a chest 2 days ago.

all KI? gtfo lol... theres like 4 KI per zone in gold chests, it was like that with all 3 expansions I believe
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-12-28 14:58:18  
The NM can be duo'd NIN and WHM assuming your not a fail ninja. In that case you should check your priorities before you finish kannagi. The KI can also be duo'd/solo'd. Thats how I'm currently doing it. If you feel like you can't drop Briareus duo or your a fail ninja, get an alliance who wants the atma, stout arm is actually quite nice if you don't have VV or if you have 3 lunars and want to stack RR VV and SA.

Good luck! I'm 1/50 helms and 8/50 skins
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-28 15:28:15  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

all KI? gtfo lol... theres like 4 KI per zone in gold chests, it was like that with all 3 expansions I believe
All but Tonberry Lieje's KI in Visions, only 4 in Scars, only 2 in Heroes.

Wouldn't be surprised if you could solo Briareus NIN/DNC now.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-28 15:32:50  
Damn thats crazy....I had no idea...so if you honestly spammed enough, and built like mass time you could do 50 helms in 1 sitting if you had the light builds and like 8h of free time lol
By Egonn 2010-12-29 07:19:57  
Wrong Eik. Every KI is available in konschat highlands. Every person in my LS has seen this. I'm not assuming it's the same for La thienne, but I'm going to find out.

On a different note, how much would a zone kill cost me for hero's? I just want them done.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-29 07:49:54  
The fight only takes 10~18mins on NIN/DNC with VV/RR/MC

(btw this was my first try at soloing the NM so I did a little more running away then I should of.)

Hardest part is building time... Takes me about 3 hours to build lights, and farm time; Only around an hour to get a pop set.

Gogogo solo your own helms!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-29 07:50:59  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
All but Tonberry Lieje's KI in Visions, only 4 in Scars, only 2 in Heroes. Wouldn't be surprised if you could solo Briareus NIN/DNC now.

You can indeed solo him quite easilly, just need to have some high hp as a buffer and bolt away when you eat a 1111 M. strike... other then that to be honest the nms for the KI pops are a harder solo.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-29 07:54:25  
Wouldn't think MC is the best choice for 3rd atma. Personally I would use GH
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-12-29 07:57:54  
in all zone each of the big nm's quest boss's there is always at least 1 ki that don't drop from gold chests.

u CAN'T get every ki from gold chests.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-29 08:02:51  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Wouldn't think MC is the best choice for 3rd atma. Personally I would use GH
Probably is for just this NM fight.
However while farming NMs/time MC helps a lot. I get bored just fighting 1 mob then moving to the next while farming time, so I pull 8~13 frogs at once to make things interesting.

And I'm just too lazy to go back and change it >.<;
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-29 08:11:53  
Gilgamesh.Funsam said:
in all zone each of the big nm's quest boss's there is always at least 1 ki that don't drop from gold chests.

Wrong you can get all key items in visions areas. If you dont believe me you can go *uck urself.
[+]
By Egonn 2010-12-30 08:18:39  
Exactly, I have personally gotten every KI for Kulkukan and EE from boxes. You can ask anyone in AbysseanGods because when I'm done I have the rest of the LS collect them.

That's still not the point. If anyone has a linkshell that is slow and just doing this for a victory or something, please let me know and we'll work out a price. Thanks
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-12-30 09:32:28  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Gilgamesh.Funsam said:

Wrong you can get all key items in visions areas. If you dont believe me you can go *uck urself.

^ What she said, should be common sense now
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah 2010-12-30 09:38:47  
I have finished the first part of Kannagi for Briareus and I can attest to the fact that all 3 KIs do in fact drop from the gold chest, but good luck getting them out of 8-9 KI possibilities... I have farmed more carabose KIs than the Briareus ones...

Also.. I just watched the Briareus solo on nin/dnc and I have to say with the hp that you have with 1700... that is a VERY risky move. I'd suggest at least 2000+ hp to solo him.

Lastly, 50k per Briareus is a joke... My mule farmed about 300k from NPCing all the items... 50k x 2 for 3 hour labor is a bad offer..

give it about 100k per item, and may be people will consider
 Bismarck.Nalien
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-12-30 10:09:06  
You do not need 3 hours if you're selling with a group, which is what most "mercenary" runs actually are...
[+]
 Sylph.Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-12-30 10:11:53  
Even if it were just an hour - 50k (possibly x2) for a whole group? "Hey guys, here's your 10k payout! Go buy yourself 1/6th of a stack of toolbags of shihei :) :) :)"
I don't see this happening for a 'merc group'
 Bismarck.Nalien
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-12-30 10:14:01  
That point has been covered in the second post, read up.
First Page 2