BLU Help

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU help
BLU help
By mehtastic 2010-12-28 08:09:32  
Hi, I just dinged BLU75 last night, and figured I should at least properly gear it for upcoming 90+ ***.

I'm wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what is best for BLU to work at.

Like:

Which TotM swords I should work for? STR/Att+, DEX/Acc+, or CHR/M.Acc+?
I know that +2 emp armor is good, but is there any gears for BLU that trumps the +2 emp armor?
Do I really need to farm spells like Body Slam or Memento Mori? Which spells are great and which are worthless from 62+?
I have RR/SA atmas, are they good for BLU or should I replace one of them for a refresh atma (like Full Moon)? I only have 2 lunars atm, shell is working at killing bosses atm but my limited gameplay keeps me from attending most of them.
Any other advice that I can have is appreciated.

I don't want to be the best BLU in the game, but I want to be at least respectable.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-28 09:07:28  
Here's a decent thread that was started recently on the same subject.
By mehtastic 2010-12-28 19:07:59  
Well, that thread talks about mostly spells and gears for those spells, only certain ones though.

It doesn't talk about the other questions I have, which is mainly what weapons I should work towards.

But thanks for the link though.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-28 19:20:17  
Isador and STR/ATK swords would be a nice starting point.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-12-28 19:26:35  
-Best Atmas for BLU include VV, SA, MM, and RR- however there are many more that can be useful. It just depends on what you are doing.

-Regarding Empyrean, it depends on the use. For example, obviously you won't be TPing in AF3+2 hands or feet. Homam/Dusk+1/Ocelot would trump it in those slots for that purpose. The head can be beaten by Zelus Tiara in certain setups.

- 99% of the time you should probably always stick on 1 Refresh atma

-Your best bet are STR swords

-Get all your spells
By mehtastic 2010-12-28 21:50:43  
Thanks
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-12-28 22:02:22  
I went for the DEX/ACC sword and offhand mageblade till i get Isador.
AF3+1 head is really easy to get and depending on ur server legs should be pretty cheap for the quest.
 Caitsith.Ravant
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2010-12-28 22:22:07  
You can actually solo Memento Mori easily in Attohwa Chasm I believe is where I did it. I did this at 75 so I assume it would be easier 76+.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-29 03:23:53  
Siren.Kyte said:
obviously you won't be TPing in AF3+2 hands or feet.

For the love of god, why do 99% of blu's not know this? The amount of blus I see running around in +1 feet in what seems to be their tp gear is ridiculous. Every time, without fail, those blus are also packing macc swords.
 Asura.Sparow
サーバ: Asura
user: Nukro
By Asura.Sparow 2010-12-29 03:49:23  
@ Blazza

hahaha damn right bro.
By mehtastic 2010-12-29 07:29:52  
Odin.Blazza said:
Siren.Kyte said:

For the love of god, why do 99% of blu's not know this? The amount of blus I see running around in +1 feet in what seems to be their tp gear is ridiculous. Every time, without fail, those blus are also packing macc swords.
See, that's why I come here to ask instead of going around and looking at every BLU on Ramuh.

I see random BLUs in exp parties with setups that I don't know what they were thinking, but since I wasn't (at the time) a BLU75, I thought that suit their needs for being a BLU.

Chat filters so I couldn't see their damage usually, unless they were in my party. So I couldn't compare (eyeball) their damages.
By Rebellious 2010-12-29 09:17:57  
Odin.Blazza said:
Siren.Kyte said:

Maybe cause they're new and shiny.. Or just don't know any better. Granted they can just be "Idle" sets. I've got Denali stuff in my Idle set; which I'd never TP in. Then on the other hand. Most of the other Blu's I met in parties TP in just silly stuff. AF1 Body, AF3 feet etc etc.