BLU Brew?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU Brew?
BLU Brew?
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-20 23:08:06  
It might have a cap or it might depend on the spell too. Regardless, you get more damage by combining them than using MM, and it's not like you need refresh with brew. Even if it caps at say... 50%, that extra 10% will add a ton more damage with brew. It's not like you need refresh when using charged whisker normally either. At least when I do it, I always get a crapload of restore or item chests. It would be interesting to test what the cap actually is though. I'll have to do that later. It might be that INT is just really potent in increasing whisker's damage.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-20 23:13:17  
Well with brew MM isn't going to add any dmg. I think blazza was referring to using it without brew. Also if you are using BA razed ruins will increase your dmg ALOT more than MM will.

As far as caps go... it seems that several if not all (I've tested wildfire and I guess studio golbi has tested sanguine blade and charged whisker) dstat terms cap at 1276. So like CW is dint with a multiple of 2 so it would cap when you have 638 more int than the mob... not gunna happen without brew.

And without BA dex is almost as potent as int. With it it's almost double or more with af3 feet
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-20 23:27:59  
He said he did 4200 to mobs with MM and 4500 stacking both lightning+ atmas so I was referring to that as well, not just brew. +30-40% lightning damage would seem to be way more than just +300 more damage using MM (considering how much one lightning attack atma adds). Maybe it caps at +50% or something.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-20 23:30:16  
Idk I'll test it as soon as I can convince some people to help me get a 2nd atma of same element.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-01-20 23:31:46  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Idk I'll test it as soon as I can convince some people to help me get a 2nd atma of same element.

Dasva.. Would you mind testing it with maybe a little MAB???

Hecates with that +5 or any type of MAB setup?

Would that do much?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-20 23:32:51  
sigh
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-20 23:34:24  
That's more math then testing.

All you need to know is the formula atmas, dex, int and guessitimate mob int. Oh and if you using BA and af3 feet bonus.

The exact formula is on the charged whisker thread I think
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-21 03:39:41  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Dasva.. Would you mind testing it with maybe a little MAB???

Hecates with that +5 or any type of MAB setup?

Would that do much?
I can't believe I'm bothering to answer this, but Hecates/Novio/Moldavite are going to be the best options for ears easily. The best alternative would be the +3 stat earrings, which still wouldn't come close and are far from cheap.

If you're talking about brewing, then MAB is the ONLY thing you should bother about equipping (or maybe haste or fast cast). Whether you have +1 or +200 INT in gear, you'll still have 999 with brew, but you can still add to MAB.

Edit: Oh, and to Helel, I'm thinking along the same lines. I just don't understand these claims of 6k+ when the highest I can get is 4.5k. Azure Lore doesn't increase damage at all, and ascetic's gambir isn't enough difference to make up an extra 1.5k. I'm already using sound blast, and Enervation should only add ~10% (an extra 450 damage or so). I imagine 6k was an exaggeration by whoever said it, although I can't really complain, because I never would have thought of trying to AOE farm if they hadn't.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 04:15:36  
I thought he was refering to the not as good hecates gear (hat/cape) lol. One of which blu can't even wear I guess. Plus he mentioned 5 which idk even know what that was about

Either way the 3 stat earrings are way over priced. Even with the rather large increase in ore price on my server (like 33k now when it was 5k a few weeks ago) shouldn't cost much more than 200k to make and yet I see them going for like 6X that... not sure whats up

Now the HQs are 4 stat and would make sense to be at that price. Then again no one really makes them or puts them on the ah so meh
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-21 04:26:12  
Well, I think hecate's cape is actually the best cape for most blu nukes yes? Eloquence+1 would probably just edge it out for INT/MND modded spells, but other than that, hecate's should win. Under brew especially.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 04:30:44  
Well brew stats mods are useless. And quite frankly making a build for brew only has 1 real use. Epeening. And making it too good will make dmg roll over so you can't even see how good it is lol.

Otherwise though I mostly assume usually burst affinity in which case I'd use my new nifty mantle. Which would probably win then.

Still undecide about making seperate non burst affinity build and making spell cast rules for that.

As far as int capes there is a 6int/str one
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-21 04:34:11  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well brew stats mods are useless. And quite frankly making a build for brew only has 1 real use. Epeening. And making it too good will make dmg roll over so you can't even see how good it is lol.

Otherwise though I mostly assume usually burst affinity in which case I'd use my new nifty mantle. Which would probably win then.

Still undecide about making seperate non burst affinity build and making spell cast rules for that.

As far as int capes there is a 6int/str one
Well, I guess I shouldn't be using the old 2INT = 1MAB "rule". But eh, I'm gonna make an eloquence +1 and just use that, I only have 3 jobs and my inventory is out of control lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 04:39:52  
2int ~ 1 MAB was really just for blizz/thunder IV anyways. And by the time they raise teh lvl cap there was so much MAB gear it was more like 1.6int ~ 1 MAB for blms.

Since abyssea and all those buffs came out I haven't even bothered with trying to find ratios with just how much my stats and MAB vary not to mention how different all my spells are.

Right now I haven't really bothered to do the full math on CW since I haven't gotten 2nd thunder dmg atma so I can test to see exactly how it works with everything... hopefully I'll get that today. But right now I'm getting 4400 using RR, MM, lion and mostly dex build that I was using for zorro slash. With obvious changes like af3 legs and novio/moldy, staffs etc.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-23 02:58:01  

That was using baying moon, ultimate and cosmos, can very quickly kill pretty much anything like that. Caturae will be a little tougher though, as they have a pretty decent dark resist, but if you just spam SB you should still get them down.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nokioki
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: nokioki
By Gilgamesh.Nokioki 2011-02-08 05:32:42  
Tried this as a test really and ended up with the belt which was a bonus.

Atma was Lion, Beyond & Ultimate using swords rather than staves - can't to try this out on Apademak once the drop rate is fixed!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-02-17 05:32:43  
my first blue mage brew, using MM,Beyond,Ultimate atmas with creampuff and good MAB gear such as af3+2 hands/feet hecate earring.etc, i have no lighting atk atmas,

i started to brew as soon the wings closed
[+]
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-02-25 10:59:26  
I'm at 2/9 Stone of Ardor for the longest. I've have room for 2 brews, so I'm deciding which is the better mob for those drops. Empousa or Indrik? May also be a THF instead for the TH. Sad I wasted 6 brews on Shiryu before I taught of this idea or I would be rocking a Mavi Mintan +2 now. >.<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 11:01:21  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
my first blue mage brew, using MM,Beyond,Ultimate atmas with creampuff and good MAB gear such as af3+2 hands/feet hecate earring.etc, i have no lighting atk atmas,
Why exactly did you use MM and cream puff while brewing?
[+]
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2011-02-25 11:20:40  
Cerberus.Sey said:
I'm at 2/9 Stone of Ardor for the longest. I've have room for 2 brews, so I'm deciding which is the better mob for those drops. Empousa or Indrik? May also be a THF instead for the TH. Sad I wasted 6 brews on Shiryu before I taught of this idea or I would be rocking a Mavi Mintan +2 now. >.<

you do them both, have a thf pull one of them to flux, brew it, soon as its dead touch the flux, thf zones to other nm when he has it at flux, you zone to him and kill it. you can actually do this 2x, just have to wait the 10mins for repop. 4 nms 1 brew.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
サーバ: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-25 11:30:08  
And then the next week you banned for exploiting a glitch in the game.

*Edit* yeah ok... Rate me down and go do it, just get banned and make a Q.Q thread after.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-02-25 11:33:52  
Can solo empousa on blu easily by kiting him and cannonballing him to death. He doesn't have any movement speed. The only "dangerous" part is dealing with his bio aura. I really wouldn't waste a brew on him.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Rikimaru
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rikimaru
By Leviathan.Rikimaru 2011-02-25 11:38:57  
If you have Almace you don't need to even cast, I brewed Rani 3X last night and just Zorro'd it to death, had enough time afterwards to run and kill the ??? Needles nm on same brew.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 11:40:54  
Pretty sure sanguine blade would do more dmg anyways... Besides a blu can pretty much 1 shot anything that doesn't resist magic too much with grudge or even better whisker
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-28 03:20:46  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Pretty sure sanguine blade would do more dmg anyways... Besides a blu can pretty much 1 shot anything that doesn't resist magic too much with grudge or even better whisker
SB is pretty ***on rani since it resists dark and light damage.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-14 05:57:39  
Odin.Blazza said:

That was using baying moon, ultimate and cosmos, can very quickly kill pretty much anything like that. Caturae will be a little tougher though, as they have a pretty decent dark resist, but if you just spam SB you should still get them down.

So this is probably how I should do the 85->90 stage for almace I guess? lol
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-14 19:57:00  
I don't know if this has been mentioned, I took a quick look through these posts. But there is a BLU brew solo Shinryu on Youtube. Nothing to see that isn't in the screenshots here though. I noticed someone asked if BLU can solo, and you most definitely can as long as you're careful not to heal him, although with long spells that's sort of just luck.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 19:57:44  
Anyjob can solo pretty much anything with brew if they are smart