users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Konschtat Quests
Abyssea - Konschtat Quests
 Asura.Luchtaine
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Luchtaine
By Asura.Luchtaine 2010-12-23 15:41:13  
So I saved Playing Paparazzi for last as I am 5/6 on Abyssite's of Merit.

I have completed Hope Blooms on the Battlefield, which (according to wiki) unlocks Of Malnourished Martellos, and Refuel and Replenish.
However, Raibaht doesn't offer me the quests.

Those two quests were (according to wiki again) going to let me do Rose on the Health. Ayame allowed me to complete Rose on the Health anyway without completing the previous 2 martello quests.

Here starts my dilemma...

So after turning in 18 purple polypores to Julio on Full of Himself Alchemist I am still at lvl 1 fame.

18 polypores turned in and not even reaching lvl 2 fame scares me. Can I advance in fame levels without completing the 2 martello quests mentioned before that the *** wont give me?

Can anyone with experience in fame on this zone help?

Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-12-23 16:16:54  
The first martello one is very easy and you can do it immediately at the martello right outside the gate at VC01.

The martello replenishment one isn't so bad if you're already working on repeatable quests anyhow. Just pick a mage job and find one out-of-the-way martello (that likely won't be refilled by some opportunistic passer-by) and drain away all of your MPs. With 5/6 merit abyssites and the MP-enhancement, even a lower-level mage class will have lots of MPs to blow away.

Getting a 100% martello down to 89% to refill it might take a few passes (maybe 2 depending how much MP is used up prior to refilling, with maybe 20 mins between each refill-MP depending on what abyssites you already have) but it's quite easy and something you can do while doing "Soul of the Matter" as Shiroi said. It goes even faster if you bring a friend along on a mage job to burn their MPs away also (sometimes can be drained to 89% in a single pass.)

Just cast the highest level/MP-cost self-buffs over and over again and soon you'll be empty of MP. Alternatively, I noticed that attack spells (BLU spells in particular) that are macro'ed (not selected from menu) can actually be cast on the martello itself if it is targeted and in range, which helps burn MPs super fast so you can get the completion fame-credit quickly. Ideally, between this one and other repeatables, you can unlock the Upgrade one faster to reach the top tier fame goal quicker.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-23 16:18:46  
I do believe you get those two quests from the machine outfitter. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I've done them. In any case, they're only level 1 fame, so there's not much of a reason you shouldn't be getting them. D:
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-12-23 16:40:05  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
I do believe you get those two quests from the machine outfitter. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I've done them. In any case, they're only level 1 fame, so there's not much of a reason you shouldn't be getting them. D:

^^
Certainly I wasn't as helpful as I thought I was being. :p Prothescar has the correct answer (checking on wrong NPC.) :p Hope that solves it for you. ^^;;
 Asura.Luchtaine
By Asura.Luchtaine 2010-12-23 17:29:21  
Valefor.Prothescar said:

I clicked on the Machine Outfitter to near the Galka, and he doesn't give me anything. Possibly another Machine Outfitter in base camp that I'm overlooking?

Anyways, thanks for the insight!
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-12-23 19:01:39  
Asura.Luchtaine said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:

I clicked on the Machine Outfitter to near the Galka, and he doesn't give me anything. Possibly another Machine Outfitter in base camp that I'm overlooking?

Anyways, thanks for the insight!

The only thing I can think of is maybe you didn't complete the last step of "Hope Blooms on the Battlefield"--by talking to Ayame (separate from her flagging you for "Rose on the Heath")--doing so might finish the quest and allow you to get Raibaht's "Of Malnourished Martellos" (and the Machine Outfitter's replenish quest.) Perhaps spam chat to her a few times or maybe complete all the steps to "Rose on the Heath" (all linkpearls delivered) to be sure you can complete "Hope Blooms on the Battlefield", in case it's her quest that is the quest holding you up from getting Raibaht's.
 Asura.Luchtaine
By Asura.Luchtaine 2010-12-23 21:43:01  
"Hope Blooms on the Battlefield" and "Rose on the Health" are listed in my log under completed quests.

I have no idea why Raibaht will not cooperate.

I just hope I can advance to lvl 2 fame without an issue.