users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea Pinning Locations
Abyssea Pinning Locations
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2010-12-23 13:14:12  
After getting frustrated at the idea of questing my BLM seals, I figured I'd see if the ffxiah community would be up for compiling some of the pinning spots in Abyssea that work reliably. Information like zone/position, description, and pic's are always welcome (my apologies for not posting pics myself, lolxbox). I'll start with what limited information I know, and if anyone wants to contribute, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks to Kegsay we have some great info on Konschtat/LaTheine here.

Vunkerl has a spot at (H-9/10) with a bit of wall jutting out. If you hug the corner on the southeast side, the mob will go counterclockwise around the wall in the other direction. Once it gets close, move a yalm or to away from the wall, and it will go clockwise to catch up with you.

If you go south of conflux #05, you can pin mobs by using the twig sticking out of the downed log on the north side. I haven't tried it yet, but a few people have said it works.

I'd rather not have this turn into "Pinning is a violation of ToS, banhammer him" sort of deal. I'm just trying to figure out how to solo some seals at a reasonable pace without blowing 100 traverser stones and 3 million gil...
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 13:15:39  
That's cheating.
[+]
 Leviathan.Optimis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-23 13:24:49  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
That's cheating.
[+]
 Fairy.Ziedel
サーバ: Fairy
user: Ziedel
By Fairy.Ziedel 2010-12-23 13:25:01  
lmao youll still take forever getting seals that way might as well get a pt together trigger yellow and hope for some blm seals to drop
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2010-12-23 13:36:31  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
If any of those NM's were actually hard enough to need pinning ... you can just pop rabbit as blm/nin (It's even possible blm/rdm) and nuke/kite it shouldn't take more than 15 mins top.

Also, you can deaggro it for free nukes.

Yeah, I soloed BLM/NIN for my RDM/THF/SAM seals on Iktomi in about 4-5 hours. Covers 15 of the possible grellow triggers by itself, and deaggro really helped to make sure I could proc !!'s every time.

I thought about doing the rabbit, but wiki mentions it moves at flee speed. I haven't done it before, but if that's true, is it still possible to kite?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-12-23 13:46:34  
Not really, the Ruthven trees and the krab fence still work fine.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-23 14:03:31  
I personally loathe the "pinning" system for killing NMs, but I've definitely observed others using it quite well.

Spots I see used (abused?) frequently include boulders and rock pillars in Attowha Chasm; there's several southwest of Conflux #00. Also, there's a fallen tree right near the spawn spot for Pascerpot NM in Vunkrel Inlet.

I'd have to agree with some of the previous posters in this thread, though. If you have access to movement speed+ equipment and/or atma, the Abyssea NM's have a tendency to de-aggro rather easily when kited away from their spawn locations. Once the NM de-aggro's, just stop running, move a little close to it, and nuke it. If you get in a jam, use Mana Wall, Elemental Seal, and Bind, then run away, come back, and try again.
This method is likely easier/safer than "pinning", and would probably yield more seals over time, plus you wouldn't get banned for doing it.
[+]
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2010-12-23 14:32:55  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I personally loathe the "pinning" system for killing NMs, but I've definitely observed others using it quite well.

Spots I see used (abused?) frequently include boulders and rock pillars in Attowha Chasm; there's several southwest of Conflux #00. Also, there's a fallen tree right near the spawn spot for Pascerpot NM in Vunkrel Inlet.

I'd have to agree with some of the previous posters in this thread, though. If you have access to movement speed+ equipment and/or atma, the Abyssea NM's have a tendency to de-aggro rather easily when kited away from their spawn locations. Once the NM de-aggro's, just stop running, move a little close to it, and nuke it. If you get in a jam, use Mana Wall, Elemental Seal, and Bind, then run away, come back, and try again.
This method is likely easier/safer than "pinning", and would probably yield more seals over time, plus you wouldn't get banned for doing it.

I'm not going to make the argument why pinning won't get you LM-17'd, so we'll agree to disagree. But trust me, if the NM can be bound/grav'd, I'm doing so. However, most of these NM's are immune, and will make quick work of any mage job that's not able to keep it at bay, especially one w/o movement speed+ like myself. I do appreciate the suggestions though.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-23 14:45:28  
Deaggro methods aren't necessarily safer than pinning. A lot of pin spots have absolutely no risk if you're using them properly. You won't get banned for pinning unless you're GM'd for it multiple times. If you're getting GM'd and still not killing your NM before he responds to the crybaby GMing you, you're doing it wrong and your ban will be a purging of a gimp/idiot from the playerbase anyway.

That being said, pinning is almost completely useless now. SE won't fix pin spots either because there's no point in it. Mobs still die fast and repops are so short it doesn't really matter. If you have nothing better to do than QQ about pinners at one NM then you're either a crybaby, impatient, or selfish. Surely someone you know needs help with something else in zone. I abused the hell out of pinning on Brooder to get Serpentes feet for me and others and if I ever was GM'd, he never responded in time :D Only JPs have that luxury.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-12-23 14:47:38  
There r alot of people r using "pinning" than you'd think. No one really gets ban for it because GMs are being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. As long as you r getting hit by NM, you are fine.

If you want to get BLM seals, there is a good pinning for 2 blms to use "hate" balance around the rocks. It is Blazing Eruca: I think the position is located at J-10 in Abyssea - Attohwa near Blazing Eruca's ???. Maybe I think it is easier to find a pinning location in the south from the Conflux #03. There are a small rock and a big rock separated between to each other with the "bridge" rock connects with another rock to the opposite side. I suck at the details, but I hope you'd find it.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-12-23 14:51:16  
How about you just get a second BLM RDM or SCH and just duo your seals. You could also bring a BRD/NIN and/or BLU and lock a green stagger every time and maybe not take a month to kill them without resorting to cheating.
[+]