Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-22 00:27:08  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
They have those in some places.

Yeah, but I'm low on energy right now.
hence the word "rural", i agreed with your last post but not in so many words, your bolded worked lol.
lol. but it wouldn't get the entire thought across.
 Sylph.Ahasuerus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Xerxes
By Sylph.Ahasuerus 2010-12-22 00:28:51  
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-22 00:29:34  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Indeed, I see no reason why they don't have electric cars that can only go 45mph tops (some places 35) and are small and compact-able, it would eliminate the need to make more public transportation etc, and if they ever got around to building more nuclear reactors there'd be more than enough power. Then again some more monorail systems would be nice too, but public transportation costs money too, along with security etc... problems everywhere, so most places avoid dealing with them and leaving things as is. Even if somebody manages to make some awesome systems that are implementable and cheap, to get them adopted and in place would be insanely hard, especially if there's not profit to be made.
I'd love there to be more plants... especially west coast so I wouldn't have to move to get the job I want /sigh
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-22 00:33:41  
which is? yeah, to be honest I think they should study ways to use nuclear waste, instead of storing it, but that's just me. If they could do that effectively, then we could have more nuclear power plants, and stop using these much less efficient ones.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-22 13:18:24  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Kingofbastok said:
I'm sure people wouldn't get as bent out of shape over this if Hyp would have just said a car COULD be a deadly weapon rather than a car IS a deadly weapon. Truthfully, I think some of you are just trying to knit pick what he's saying and it's pretty pointless. While it's easy to say that alcohol, drugs, guns, or even airplanes aren't deadly weapons, in the right situation any of those things can be. As for the OP, you should consider yourself pretty lucky if you end up keeping your job. Besides the fact that the people, who are making the decision on whether or not you keep your job, like you, not much else is in your favor. Missing five days in your first month makes you look pretty irresponsible to your employer, no matter what the reasons for missing were. On top of that, you had your license suspended for going 60 in a school zone, which, if you employer knows this, suggests a lack of good judgement on your part. No matter what happens to you at this job, hopefully you learn from your mistakes and you get things turned around, so that you're never in this situation again, whether it's with this employer or a future one.
basically was my point, entirely.

The difference I stated earliar is that for a book to be used as a weapon it must be used with intent whereas a car can be deadly either way. All you really have to do is stop paying attention for a little bit and someone can get really hurt. That is why I dont see how you can compare the two.

As for pedestrians v. cars like you guys were talking about earliar. Pedestrians will have the right of way 99% of the time (% is not an official fact but to show my point). There are very few reasons that the person in the car would be charged over the person who got hit. They would basically have to try to get hit and then you would probably have to prove that. Though I do not know all the laws in each city, county, state, etc. so I could not account for all the differences. Though, if you're in a car and you hit someone 9/10 times you're going to be held liable. Same with cars and people on bikes here if cars hit them its game over for the drivers.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-22 13:21:13  
you can compare the two because neither was designed as a weapon, don't call something a weapon just because it CAN be used as one. The book was just one example.
By Muffincannon 2010-12-26 20:35:09  
Well.. this got derailed nicely, good job mods of FFXIAH.

anyways, just thought I'd pop out and say, didn't lose my job, they didn't come back and talk to me on friday, or saturday(yay working christmas sucks) pretty much feel I'm in the clear, cause I'm almost certain they wouldn't want me to start a new work week(work weeks for us start on Saturdays) so with that, I start a new position that the place and start at 9pm rather 4am, which makes things a ***load easier on myself as I'll be up at those times rather just waking up to leave.

contacted some people, made some adjustments and now I have a probationary license that only lets me drive a certain amount of miles from my house legally, ironically it lets me drive through the same school distract I was flooring it through, and only during certain times.

so being late wont be an issue anymore, I figure they are just going to monitor my attendance and if I'm late or don't show or call in or w/e for what I assume is going to be a month that they will discharge me immediately, so.. if I'm sick and throwing up, I'm going in throwing up, and I'll let them send me home :P that way they cant assume I'm just calling in because I don't want to go in right?

anyhow you can resume derailing this.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-26 20:37:32  
congrats Muffin.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-26 20:38:54  
Muffincannon said:
that way they cant assume I'm just calling in because I don't want to go in right?
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that.. Depending on the size of your work place, one manager could send you home, and the one actually in charge of firing people could look and see you've missed work, or went home or whatever, without ever actually seeing you're physically ill and just fire you.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-26 21:30:03  
Muffincannon said:

OHH HI! You must be new here.
 Asura.Poupee
サーバ: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-12-26 21:32:43  
Kujata.Akeda said:
Muffincannon said:

Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-12-26 21:33:44  
cant use my picture :( damn photobucket
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-26 21:34:16  
Asura.Poupee said:
cant use my picture :( damn photobucket
imageshack yo
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-12-26 21:41:30  
DOne'
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-26 21:43:30  
<3 Gene Wilder
 Fairy.Winterlight
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2010-12-26 21:51:39  
This might've been said before but I hope that for the time being you've stopped FFXI cold turkey.

I love this game just like everyone else here but tell me that you weren't "sick" at least one of those days because of dynamis/einherjar/abyssea/etc.