フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Got talked to today at work :s
Got talked to today at work :s
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-21 11:50:27  
ITT: Stay in class and you won't get run over.

Really? I understand that the only reason you made that comment is to spark a reaction and draw lots of attention to yourself. Can you honestly tell me that you are ok with people speeding in a school zone and that kids (regardless if elementary or highschool) should always be prepared for this? That is retardation at its finest. This goes beyond looking both ways.
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 11:53:57  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
ITT: Stay in class and you won't get run over. Really? >.>

More like stay in school, look both ways before you cross the street before, after, and in general would be a much more definable reason :-P
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-21 11:54:25  
Sylph.Amfortas said:

To the i***t who drives while under suspension. Nice logic. When you get in an accident and kill someone or yourself, you won't be doing it again. YAY!!!!!

lol. Because you lost your licens you forget all you ever learned about driving?

And killing someone while having a licence > killing someone while not having a license?
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-21 11:55:08  
Why'd your license get suspended, Zanno?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-21 11:58:20  
Fairy.Spence said:

Mine isn't. My car is illegal to drive though.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 11:58:26  
Fairy.Spence said:
He got pulled over in a no-house avatar lane and got the book thrown at him.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-21 11:59:24  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Oh, right, I read that earlier! Sorry!

Sylph.Jtmoney
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2010-12-21 12:00:57  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
ITT: Stay in class and you won't get run over. Really? I understand that the only reason you made that comment is to spark a reaction and draw lots of attention to yourself. Can you honestly tell me that you are ok with people speeding in a school zone and that kids (regardless if elementary or highschool) should always be prepared for this? That is retardation at its finest. This goes beyond looking both ways.

I see nothing wrong with speeding in a school zone. I do it on a daily basis.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-21 12:05:35  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Besiktning!
 Fenrir.Vazerus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-12-21 12:07:24  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Really? I understand that the only reason you made that comment is to spark a reaction and draw lots of attention to yourself. Can you honestly tell me that you are ok with people speeding in a school zone and that kids (regardless if elementary or highschool) should always be prepared for this? That is retardation at its finest. This goes beyond looking both ways.
I understand "60 in a 20" is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... if you go 40 over anywhere you're getting in big trouble. In most school zones in my area, you can actually see where people are walking, so why should I slow down from 35 to 20 for no reason?
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-21 12:14:41  
Fenrir.Vazerus said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

I understand "60 in a 20" is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... if you go 40 over anywhere you're getting in big trouble. In most school zones in my area, you can actually see where people are walking, so why should I slow down from 35 to 20 for no reason?

Well, it's the law for starters.
[+]
 Fenrir.Vazerus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-12-21 12:21:36  
It is the law, yes, and I probably worded it poorly, but I was more interested in why Hypnotized gets really angry over it.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-21 12:24:18  
Ah. Well, I kinda agree with Tiger. Highschool students should know better, and if they don't by then... well...

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 12:25:19  
Fairy.Spence said:
Ah. Well, I kinda agree with Tiger. Highschool students should know better, and if they don't by then... well...

I don't really think that is the point of the matter though :/
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-21 12:30:25  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Besiktning!

mm, min instrumentpanel ser ut som ett disko. hastighetsmätaren, bensinmätaren, trippmätaren, all blinkar hej vilt. men bilen funkar ju i övrigt =P
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-21 12:45:16  
Fenrir.Vazerus said:
It is the law, yes, and I probably worded it poorly, but I was more interested in why Hypnotized gets really angry over it.
If you enter a school zone, choose to ignore the fact that you are in one and speed anyway then you are showing a lack of respect for human life. Children don't always pay attention to their surroundings. Everyone knows this. Even as a highschooler, ***happens. As a driver it is your job to always be paying attention to your surroundings. Speeding through an area you know there are lots of kids in reinforces the fact that you don't give a damn if you hit someone. Your vehicle isn't just a mode of transportation, it is a deadly weapon. It just boggles my mind that I even have to explain this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-21 12:47:25  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Fenrir.Vazerus said:
If you enter a school zone, choose to ignore the fact that you are in one and speed anyway then you are showing a lack of respect for human life. Children don't always pay attention to their surroundings. Everyone knows this. Even as a highschooler, ***happens. As a driver it is your job to always be paying attention to your surroundings. Speeding through an area you know there are lots of kids in reinforces the fact that you don't give a damn if you hit someone. Your vehicle isn't just a mode of transportation, it is a deadly weapon. It just boggles my mind that I even have to explain this.

your opinion
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 12:48:58  
Yes. Cars have never ended human life ever.
FYI, my feet are deadly weapons.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-21 12:48:58  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Fenrir.Vazerus said:

Well, your point should apply to speeding in general, not just school zones.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 12:49:33  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
neither has alcohol, or smoking.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-21 12:49:35  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Lol I was just going to say that.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-21 12:49:37  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Fenrir.Vazerus said:

your opinion
I lol'd.

Jeta thinks people don't die when they get hit by cars. SOMEONE'S WATCHING TOO MUCH TWILIGHT.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-21 12:50:51  
I feel like a lot of Jet's rebuttals should just be labeled "NO U" material.

Notice Jet, the person in question was asking Hypno why he gets angry over it. He gave his opinion on the matter and why it angers him. So yes, it is his opinion. He was asked for his opinion.

TROLLOLOLOLOL Right?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 12:51:05  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Fenrir.Vazerus said:

your opinion
I lol'd.

Jeta thinks people don't die when they get hit by cars. SOMEONE'S WATCHING TOO MUCH HIGHLANDER.

fiiiiixed.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-21 12:53:50  
He doesn't die from getting hit by a car? :O
 Asura.Kazaki
サーバ: Asura
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2010-12-21 13:06:57  
Muffincannon said:
my license got suspended

Don't be a crappy driver
???
Profit.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 13:08:25  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
He doesn't die from getting hit by a car? :O
He doesn't leave his basement.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-21 13:13:19  
saying a car is a deadly weapon is like saying a textbook is a deadly weapon, yes you can use it as one, but that's no it's intent or regular purpose.

As to the opinion note, saying "something IS something" has nothing to do with what the matter at hand was.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 13:14:28  
everything is a deadly weapon in the right hands. Chuck Norris could kill you with his pubic hair.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-21 13:17:21  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
saying a car is a deadly weapon is like saying a textbook is a deadly weapon, yes you can use it as one, but that's no it's intent or regular purpose.

As to the opinion note, saying "something IS something" has nothing to do with what the matter at hand was.
By that same logic, alcohol/drugs aren't dangerous at all, because they're not intended to be so. Why don't you try telling everyone who's lost someone to a drunk driver that alcohol isn't dangerous and a vehicle isn't a deadly weapon.

Also, when someone intentionally tries to run over and kill someone else with a vehicle, wouldn't you call that a deadly weapon? If so, why is it a deadly weapon when the intention is to kill, but it's not one when it's an accident? The end result is the same.