Guildwork Client
First Page 2 ... 14 15 16
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-12-17 16:58:42  

Guildwork client is now a Windower plugin.

Features: http://guildwork.net/windower
Installation: http://guildwork.net/windower/installation
Commands: http://guildwork.net/windower/commands
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-12-17 17:02:03  
wow, that looks amazing
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-17 17:06:58  
Well that looks useful!
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-12-17 17:08:28  
Thats awesome :o
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-17 17:13:50  
True Fullscreen Windower forever! No more logging out or playing in windowed mode to check your AH history. :D
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-17 17:24:57  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
True Fullscreen Windower forever! No more logging out or playing in windowed mode to check your AH history. :D
Ummm you never had to anyway?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-17 17:25:45  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Ummm you never had to anyway?
Obviously I mean when you're not near an Auction House. :P
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-17 17:27:01  
I think he was implying something along the lines of alt+tab.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-17 17:27:44  
Luz said:
In true fullscreen, alt+tab still crashes my game. :P

Maybe that's a problem on my end only, but still, this is a pretty nifty way to handle it.

Edit: Not to mention alt+tab has only ever worked once (when I first installed windower) and then didn't work anymore.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-17 17:27:50  
Luz said:
^
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-17 17:28:01  
There's also //minimize
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-17 17:28:44  
Anyway, client looks awesome.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-17 17:28:57  
Snap, I didn't know about that. Will try that before I download this.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-12-27 16:34:03  
I added some icons to display the source of bazaar, titles, and equip history. Examples below.

Source Icons: (Example from http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Cerberus/Aoen#equip)

Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 02:54:44  
Bump this is cool as ***and I just noticed it now so I bet a lot of others missed it too....
 Sylph.Zefyr
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-04 18:46:52  
I <3 the guildwork client to death, but it appears to be causing issues with FFXIAH gear profiles. Can see my profile for a current example. Also this thread for further discussion.
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-05 13:16:50  
Found a related bug to my post above. The equip list on FFXIAH has always been the list of things that your character has been seen wearing, not just stuff you've obtained. I got a twilight scythe with the guildwork client up on Sunday, and it now shows in my equip list on FFXIAH, but my DRK is level 37 so I have clearly never been seen wearing it. It also shows a whole bunch of AF3 feet I got farming that I don't have the jobs leveled for yet, as well as some stuff that's in my storage that I haven't equipped in years.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-05 16:05:38  
Sylph.Zefyr said:
Found a related bug to my post above. The equip list on FFXIAH has always been the list of things that your character has been seen wearing, not just stuff you've obtained.

This is not a bug, it's by design. Initially, the only reason the equip history only showed items that you were seen wearing (via the LSC) is because thats what we were limited too. The GW client can show alot more without having you equip it. Therefore, equip. history is a list of equipment you have obtained, even if you can't equip it yet.

As for the bug you mentioned in the previous post, I pretty sure I know what the issue is and I will correct it soon.
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-05 16:21:55  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
This is not a bug, it's by design.

Boo. My equip history both here and on guildwork is now littered with all kinds of crap that flows through my inventory and onto the AH or to a vendor in a matter of hours. In my opinion, it makes this feature worthless because the noise is drowning out the interesting information. When it was stuff that had actually been seen on my person, it was interesting because it showed what type of gear I actually wear.

I always assumed that the equip history on FFXIAH didn't show stuff that my purchase history shows me to have bought or sold (stuff that FFXIAH knows I owned, but I never wore) for this very reason. It certainly is true that this is information that FFXIAH has had in the past and did not include.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-05 16:26:24  
Yeah that is too invasive for my tastes. I don't think I'll be using it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-05 17:19:26  
Sylph.Zefyr said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
This is not a bug, it's by design.

Boo. My equip history both here and on guildwork is now littered with all kinds of crap that flows through my inventory and onto the AH or to a vendor in a matter of hours. In my opinion, it makes this feature worthless because the noise is drowning out the interesting information. When it was stuff that had actually been seen on my person, it was interesting because it showed what type of gear I actually wear.

I always assumed that the equip history on FFXIAH didn't show stuff that my purchase history shows me to have bought or sold (stuff that FFXIAH knows I owned, but I never wore) for this very reason. It certainly is true that this is information that FFXIAH has had in the past and did not include.

I understand, I have each item flagged if it's been equipped or not. When I get a chance, I will add a character preference to only show the stuff you put on.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2011-01-05 17:23:33  
I like this a lot, the one thing i'm confused about is, do you have to link your ffxiah profile to the guildwork one somehow? Or do you just put the guildwork url in the http://www.ffxiah.com/account/social under the social part.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-05 17:28:08  
Bahamut.Foxxy said:
I like this a lot, the one thing i'm confused about is, do you have to link your ffxiah profile to the guildwork one somehow? Or do you just put the guildwork url in the http://www.ffxiah.com/account/social under the social part.

You don't have to link anything. Adding your GW username on the social page is just so people can find you.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2011-01-05 17:30:22  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Bahamut.Foxxy said:

You don't have to link anything. Adding your GW username on the social page is just so people can find you.
So just by setting up the Guildwork account it pulls in my armor and syngery to put it on here?
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-05 17:36:00  
Bahamut.Foxxy said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Bahamut.Foxxy said:

So just by setting up the Guildwork account it pulls in my armor and syngery to put it on here?

Correct, any data collected with Guildwork client. We collect linkshell community data independently at the moment.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2011-01-05 17:38:53  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Bahamut.Foxxy said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Bahamut.Foxxy said:

Correct, any data collected with Guildwork client. We collect linkshell community data independently at the moment.
Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me, thought i was missing something really obvious lol
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-05 18:28:47  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
I understand, I have each item flagged if it's been equipped or not. When I get a chance, I will add a character preference to only show the stuff you put on.

Onice, ty.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-05 18:33:55  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Yeah that is too invasive for my tastes. I don't think I'll be using it.

On Guildwork Client also cleans up your Loot tab on your profile so it only has stuff you own unlike FFXIAH which collects everything forever. Also Guildwork has privacy options to choose who can see your profile. So Scragg might either want to add privacy for the tab or an option to show what kind of equip.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-05 18:51:31  
First off, this looks really good, I haven't added it to my account yet, but I can see myself doing it.

Second, please please PLEASE remove the bazaar'd items link between Guildwork and FFXIAH. A vast minority of ffxiah users use GW as well, and already it's starting to mess up the AH bazaar page.

Just for an example, of the 8 "linked by GW" Bazaar items on the bismarck page, 4 of them are legitimate requests to sell, the other 4 are stupid ***that people leave in their bazaars like love chocolate, signed items, w/e for 9999999999 gil.
[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-05 18:52:13  
Cerberus.Stanislav said:
On Guildwork Client also cleans up your Loot tab on your profile so it only has stuff you own unlike FFXIAH which collects everything forever.

Oh, I didn't know that, handy. Part of my annoyance with the way that it collects *everything* that drops to me though is that my guildwork feed is full of crap from abyssea chests and stuff I get from synthing or synergy that I ditch immediately.

People that are my friends (I'm right that they get this info on their feed, right?) don't really need to know that I got yet another Ruby Ring, Lore Slops or Sasuke Tekko.

Also, minor bug (I know this isn't a guildwork bug forum, but I wasn't even going to mention this until it was somewhat relevant here and Stanislav is apparently paying attention here as well), my guildwork feed currently has my Goldsmithing 92 ding listed twice, presumably because 1) I had guildwork client up when I dinged and then 2) it scanned me on the linkshell community and saw there is a new value there.
First Page 2 ... 14 15 16