users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing messages broken
Fishing messages broken
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2010-12-16 22:15:23  

The messages "You have a good feeling about this one!" and "You don't know if you have enough skill to reel this one in." have always meant you had a monster on the line. In the past, the only way I could catch grimmonites is when I got the messages "you have a terrible feeling....", "you're positive....", and about 50/50 when I'd get the message "you're fairly sure....".

I have never ever caught a grimmonite when I got the fishing message shown in the above 2 images before. However, I've been in SSG for about an hour now and I haven't seen one of the 3 reliable messages even once, so I decided to reel in one of the sure-fire monster messages. To my surprise, it was a grimmonite.

When exactly was this changed? Is it a bug, or something intentional from S/E and I somehow missed the memo?
By Azulmagia 2010-12-16 23:46:22  
Yeah apparently the Dec 10 update *** with fishing notifications all over. Not sure if it's just a bug, but the messages are being nigh useless to me right now.
 Ramuh.Alphir
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2010-12-21 19:37:28  
Yeah Kaht, I experienced and did exactly what you did! Was fishing in SSG for a good hr and wondering wth I wasn't catching any Grims. Normally, I always cancel the "good, fairly" messages since most time it's a monster. Out of frustration I figured I'd pull up a monster and kill the ***, only to find it was a fish o.O Almost never get the "pos, bad" messages anymore.

SE said in update they adjusted the fatigue system somehow, not sure if this changed the messages also.. who knows with them. Has anyone tried catching past the 200 mark/day yet since update?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 19:39:22  
Maybe your skill will play a bigger part so you'll get better messages when you way above now?

Haven't tried to go past 200 or even there recently. I'll check it out
[+]
 Ramuh.Alphir
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2010-12-21 19:42:31  
I'm 89 now and still getting skill ups on Grims. I'm fishing up Tuna now and only getting the "good" feeling messages. You really gotta feel out the fish behavior now to be sure what you have on the line, cuz they def changes something.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-21 20:16:02  
I posted something like this, by no 1 ever responded,

Was catching squid at 92, NEVER would it say good feeling and it not be monster, got my fishing to 95 went back to gigant squid, and now alot of squid are saying good feeling.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2010-12-21 20:43:15  
100 fishing with Ebisu and all the furnishings etc. I still get the new bugged messages. With sneak lasting 15 minutes now it really isn't a huge deal. But it is annoying.
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-01-12 14:23:46  
No mention of the messages being fixed with today's update, unless they're ninja-ing it in.
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-02-03 08:51:42  
This was posted on twitter 2 days ago:

Quote:
We’re looking into improving the effectiveness of "fishing instinct" and are hoping to have this ready for the major version update! #FFXI 6:16 PM Jan 31st via web

Hopefully this means they'll be fixing what they broke.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-03 09:38:39  
i'm unable to duplicate this problem

my bot is still showing fish names just fine
[+]
 Sylph.Uuther
サーバ: Sylph
user: Uther
By Sylph.Uuther 2011-03-04 12:40:54  
I've been trying to find the the original statement from SE detailing the changes made. Can some 1 point me in the right direction or post it here please.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 12:45:28  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i'm unable to duplicate this problem my bot is still showing fish names just fine
Well IDs can change but they will always be 100%...