users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Chloris 2 leaf buds for Emperyean weapon
Chloris 2 leaf buds for Emperyean weapon
 Bahamut.Dionikes
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2010-12-16 13:37:14  
Hey all, im coming here to try to see if you can help me brainstorm a new strat for Chloris. Im asking because the last time i did it, along with wiki, says to avoid his AoE doom by just putting the mages up on a ledge so it doesnt hit them.

Now i believe its been fixed so that you cant avoid that, i was doing C-C zone boss in misa coast and was using the bridge technique so his AoE moves wouldnt hit me and friend when we were on diff levels.

I so far have 2 whm a mnk nin and pld with emperyan weapon at my disposal. I am trying to figure out how to get around that dang tp move.

At low hp he can get up to 40 yalms on his AoE doom tp move, so my problem is the whms would have to spam holy waters/ cursna on themselves first, and most likely by the time they get to me and other tank its over.

My only other question since i have not tanked him since lvl 80 with hardly any atmas, is how to combat his multple hundred fists. Now i know the normal strat of pop counterstance GH atma and hope he hurts himself more than me, but im wonderinf if anyone else has any ideas. I have access to 3 atmas, so i was thinking GH RR sanguine scythe for the HP and of course crit bonus.

I am after the chloris buds and have a dedicated team to help me do this so i need a solid strat, cant be stringing together wins/losses whenever we get lucky on cursna/holy waters working.

Ok. so AoE doom ideas and
How do i best go about combatting his 2 hour? Counterstance or no, i cant remember how much he hits for so not sure if low def be a prob.

Thank you anyone who reads this and gives me tips, its gonna be a long road to Verethragna but sooo worth it. Thanks again guys.

Sorry, only pld has emp weapon and the bridge technique with C-C im pretty sure no longer works, just wanted to clarify

double edit, last question, any idea on how much HP this guys got roughly?
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2010-12-16 13:37:54  
Im reposting this here because i got zero responses/ideas in the "general" area.
Sorry for double post :(
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-12-16 13:42:57  
Honestly, outside the fact that you need quite a few items to pop the ***, that Doom and Terror aura is pretty much the reason why I've switched routes to the Rev. Fists weapon. Only way of avoiding it seems like making sure ppl get that new item from dominion, Doom Screen. Dunno if you set a bunch of people up for multiple runs in one go, or just go at him once you get a single pop set, but aside from terrain avoidance (which sounds like they altered since update) and having an assload of holy waters, that seems to be the best bet.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-16 13:44:34  
You could have everyone bring Doom Screen. temp item that costs 300 dominion notes in the heroes areas. Temporarily negates doom. Not sure how long the effect lasts, but our pld was using amnesia screen effectively against caturae a few days ago. That or make sure everyone has several stacks of holy waters/hallowed waters to take doom off themselves.
 Cerberus.Kenobi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kenobi
By Cerberus.Kenobi 2010-12-16 13:50:22  
Just make sure everyone has plenty of holy waters that way mages dont need to cursna the tanks, also save perfect counter for when hundred fists starts and his 2hr wont be a problem with 1 whm curing you. As far as CC goes im not sure why you need to kill that since Ulhuadashi is second NM for H2H empyrean... but a typical kite nuke on him is easy enough, straight tank with rdm/nins is the easiest but if you dont have that available to you have the pld kite (nm can be grav and bound) and nuke with a blm or rdm.
 Bahamut.Tajot
user: Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2010-12-16 13:56:27  
He was just using C-C as an example to the Terrain glitch.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-16 14:04:08  
With merit abyssites mnks have around 3k hp so with a whm that has refresh atmas using cure V/VI I don't see hundred fists being a problem at all. I've seen whm+mnk duo this plenty of times without wiping even with the whm dying. Also when I saw whm+mnk duo that was at 85 before 3rd lunar so its probably much easier now. So imo just worry about getting doom off the tank then the whm, and if they die they should be able to keep up with cures living off the refresh and temp items.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2010-12-16 14:04:24  
Sorry, i was just using CC as an example of terrain being fixed since you used to be able to be on a diff lvl than him and not be hit by AoE. Im going to test the durration of that item doom screen, thank you guys.

It might be a pain to run back and forth between heroes and w/e areas if we have multiple pops, cause i like to far 4-5 at a time then bang them out.

My other thought was to have the mages running in and out of the fight, so hopefully they can avoid it when it goes off. ONly problem there is i need full time cures as he does hit like mad.

Does anyone sugess full timing counterstance? I know someone said perfect counter when he 2 hours, but tahts not exactly gonna take care of all his swings.

Im just wondering if my def will be too low and he'll wipe me too quick. I doubt it seeing as how GH + counterstance + curebombs works pretty much for whatever, but hundredfists is another story.

ONe last question, has anyone tried to eva tank him? At 90 with some serious eva gear my friend is suggesting trying it on ninja. He has +2 feet so 4ichi/5Ni and has x2 eva +2 katana and pretty good eva setup, not to mention both eva atmas. I guess ill just have to try and see how it goes.

Thank you for the doom screen tip
 Asura.Floorboss
サーバ: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2010-12-16 14:57:18  
Any ls on asura be willing to let me join in or sell for cheap? Willing to work to get this over with pst in game.
 Caitsith.Marleysativa
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Marleysativa 2010-12-16 15:25:56  
Bahamut.Dionikes said:
Sorry, i was just using CC as an example of terrain being fixed since you used to be able to be on a diff lvl than him and not be hit by AoE. Im going to test the durration of that item doom screen, thank you guys.

It might be a pain to run back and forth between heroes and w/e areas if we have multiple pops, cause i like to far 4-5 at a time then bang them out.

My other thought was to have the mages running in and out of the fight, so hopefully they can avoid it when it goes off. ONly problem there is i need full time cures as he does hit like mad.

Does anyone sugess full timing counterstance? I know someone said perfect counter when he 2 hours, but tahts not exactly gonna take care of all his swings. His multiple Hundred Fists just speed the fight up to be honest, and even when you don't counter he hits like a pansy.

Im just wondering if my def will be too low and he'll wipe me too quick. I doubt it seeing as how GH + counterstance + curebombs works pretty much for whatever, but hundredfists is another story.

ONe last question, has anyone tried to eva tank him? At 90 with some serious eva gear my friend is suggesting trying it on ninja. He has +2 feet so 4ichi/5Ni and has x2 eva +2 katana and pretty good eva setup, not to mention both eva atmas. I guess ill just have to try and see how it goes.

Thank you for the doom screen tip

I usually use RR/GH/DD on MNK for him. Full-time counterstance and you're probably better off just subbing /war. You might get unlucky and eat a Scream right after a Fatal Scream, otherwise just bring lots of Holy Waters and murder him. Don't even bother evasion tanking it.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2010-12-16 16:00:46  
Sorry to sound dumb, but what atma is DD? The only one i can find is "atma of the deap devourerer" or something, which is sublte blow 5%, store tp 5%, song casting time 5%. Is that the one? I can see a use for the subltle blow, but woundt sanguine scythe or something be better? I'm definately going to RR GH though.

Ok, eva tank is out, ill blow the gil on holy waters, has anyone had any experience with this thing dooming mages at a far distance as his hp goes down? I guess subbing /nin would be pointless considering he swings so fast.
 Caitsith.Marleysativa
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Marleysativa 2010-12-16 17:14:42  
Bahamut.Dionikes said:
Sorry to sound dumb, but what atma is DD? The only one i can find is "atma of the deap devourerer" or something, which is sublte blow 5%, store tp 5%, song casting time 5%. Is that the one? I can see a use for the subltle blow, but woundt sanguine scythe or something be better? I'm definately going to RR GH though.

Ok, eva tank is out, ill blow the gil on holy waters, has anyone had any experience with this thing dooming mages at a far distance as his hp goes down? I guess subbing /nin would be pointless considering he swings so fast.

Oh, sorry. Atma of the Dark Depths (From clearing Salvage). I would probably use Sanguine Scythe in place of that, but I don't have it.