Nonno Soloable By NIN/DNC?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Nonno Soloable by NIN/DNC?
Nonno Soloable by NIN/DNC?
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-13 01:06:06  
Question in the title :P. just curious.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-13 01:12:14  
lookin for iga legs? much easier NMs to farm that you can infact solo (not tryin to troll..merely steer you away from a mnk NM that spams sleep and such )
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-13 01:21:32  
yea I know Athamas, he's easy. Minax not so much lol.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-13 01:23:23  
I've duo'd Minax with no issues at all, a few times, and my friend has solo'd it on nin/dnc at 90 with ease for fun

Asura.Flufferkins
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-12-13 01:39:37  
Yes he is, I've done it a few times.

You just need to hold your TP at low hp and hope to stun headbutt. Orrrr if you walk him backwards wile counterstancing at low hp he will kill himself with counters and you can run out of range for headbutt.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-13 01:40:56  
Asura.Flufferkins said:

You just need to hold your TP at low hp and hope to stun headbutt. Orrrr if you walk him backwards wile counterstancing at low hp he will kill himself with counters and you can run out of range for headbutt.

counterstance on nin/dnc?
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-12-13 01:45:37  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:

counterstance on nin/dnc?

Doh I overlooked that part ; ; I thought he asked MNK/DNC..

Disregard that!! He does have poopie acc so you may be able to EVA tank him. but he counters and attacks pretty fast. I think it would be doable but pretty hard NIN/DNC.

Nin/Mnk can do it easily with any mage job that has some cures fight should be sub 5mins.
 Asura.Nightbear
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2010-12-13 02:20:36  
Minax is by far the most easy on NIN/DNC eva katanasx2 and Agi atma do the trick, it used 2 TP moves during the whole fight. never got into the yellow HP, Nonno is.. a no no :P , GL on Athamas if it is unclaimed ; ;/
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-13 02:22:35  
Bahamut.Bojack said:
solo'd minax yesterday on mnk/war
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-13 03:01:38  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
solo'd minax yesterday on mnk/war

Victory smite hax!

Edit: Grats btw ^^
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-15 01:20:12  
When solo'ing Minax how do you deal with the chance of Instant Death from that one move? If the Charge time long enough to stun easily with Violent Flourish? Can you turn your back to avoid?
 Leviathan.Optimis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-15 01:46:22  
Bahamut.Bojack said:
When solo'ing Minax how do you deal with the chance of Instant Death from that one move? If the Charge time long enough to stun easily with Violent Flourish? Can you turn your back to avoid?
There probly a way around it but as far as ive seen its pretty rare and random to happen anyway. have fought him 15+times only seen it go off once >.> on me XD
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-15 03:13:49  
Leviathan.Optimis said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
There probly a way around it but as far as ive seen its pretty rare and random to happen anyway. have fought him 15+times only seen it go off once >.> on me XD
The only way around it I know of is to just hope he doesn't use it. :x
 Sylph.Zefyr
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-12-15 17:16:27  
I solo'd Minax on NIN85/DNC many times. For one thing, with NIN's SB + merits + yurin + myoshu he almost never TPs. For another, I heard somewhere that high evasion helps prevent instant KO from tyrant tusk, and I didn't keep careful statistics or anything, but I would agree anecdotally. I did get insta-KO'd a couple of times (even had a fkn _bard_ come up and WS it to death with a staff 'cause I died at 1% - that was god damn embarassing), but most of the time tusk just hit me with bio. Full eva gear , RR + SS or RR + Cloak and Dagger and you're good to go. Recommend bringing some meds for emergency. Potion II is buyable and gives 1k instant HP, can't go wrong with that.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-15 17:24:56  
One theory on how tyrant tusk works is that if the dmg from the tusk itself takes you below 50% (or if you're already <50% to begin with) you get the instant death effect. I've been duoing sobek a few times recently and even his tyrant tusk is yet to insta-kill me. Merit abyssites are your friend!
 Sylph.Zefyr
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-12-15 18:16:29  
Ah, that's an interesting theory; would also fit my own experiences. I definitely remember getting KO'd when I'd been *** up and let my health get low. Don't remember it ever happening to me when I was full.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-12-15 18:40:48  
Did nonno on war/sam, needed cure bombs, but retaliation is golden for his fast attacks. Not sure of acc, but he attacks alot.

and hrmm... you can out run Headbutt?