users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » EXP in Heroes areas vs Visions areas
EXP in Heroes areas vs Visions areas
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-12-12 15:55:02  
Now granted i personally give the edge to exp in Heroes because of Dominion but surprisingly not by much. I say this because last night i went to a exp party in abyssea- konschat last night, at the time i thought i was being dumb for not going to a dominion pt. but a friend didn't have new expansion. So to get to the point at lvl 90 in on lizards we had the alliance operating as 3 party's and each pt was killing as about as fast as a 75 alliance would (BLU ftw) needless to say exp was flying chest where dropping like crazy at 1 point i was up to 380 min exp chests galore, items it was epic. That being said do u think partying this way is just as good as doing a dominion pt?
By Azulmagia 2010-12-12 16:00:25  
Old areas are at least a little less crowded now, making it easier to fight multiple mobs. It's pretty ridiculous when you're doing dolls or buffaloes and there are four parties at camp.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-12-12 16:22:59  
Well, the old areas still cap the exp earned at the same level, so even though you're killing easier enemies they still give you the same exp. So it's basically a choice between killing 5 monsters a minute in Visions and Scars or killing 5 monsters every 10 minutes and then getting a bonus exp after it.

The only problem with Heroes exp with Dominion is that you have to stop to collect your bonus, which means you lose out on a small amount of exp per monster, as well as pyxides.

So, really, I think they balance each other out. All-in-all they're about the same.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-12 16:43:11  
Another bonus to Heroes is that you also get seals from dominion which is kind of nice.
[+]
 Leviathan.Erang
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2010-12-15 15:21:37  
Caitsith.Jessie said:
So it's basically a choice between killing 5 monsters a minute in Visions and Scars or killing 5 monsters every 10 minutes and then getting a bonus exp after it.

i dont know what your party setup is but i make 12 person partys that skull *** 5 dolls in less than 2.5 minutes. as far as just going into a zone and getting xp, dominion is by far the best place to do so. the bonus is the randomly augmented weapons that sell for 7k a pop. you can make 500k in a matter of hours.
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-12-15 15:25:26  
does the mob from dominion set is lvl to the lvl you fight him? since some ppl says they do that solo just wondering
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-15 15:34:29  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Now granted i personally give the edge to exp in Heroes because of Dominion but surprisingly not by much. I say this because last night i went to a exp party in abyssea- konschat last night, at the time i thought i was being dumb for not going to a dominion pt. but a friend didn't have new expansion. So to get to the point at lvl 90 in on lizards we had the alliance operating as 3 party's and each pt was killing as about as fast as a 75 alliance would (BLU ftw) needless to say exp was flying chest where dropping like crazy at 1 point i was up to 380 min exp chests galore, items it was epic. That being said do u think partying this way is just as good as doing a dominion pt?

yeah but we did the same thing last night on bluffalos in heroes standing right next to the NPC. 2-3 pullers constantly pulling so even when you are getting your next page the other party/s or people in full ally are still killing more. I guess i just don't know how it could be quicker unless you were doing AoE type kills on groups of mobs like fell cleave or BLM flea burn or something.

you're killing quickly if you dont have a gimp ally, plus you're getting an extra 4200 every 5 kills a page (i think wyverns in grau give more a page? not sure)
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-15 15:42:43  
I can solo over 6k every 5-6 minutes doing dominion. I can't do that with old zones. So since I like to solo, dominion wins for me.
[+]