Optimal Gear Set Post Update?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Optimal Gear Set Post Update?
Optimal Gear Set Post Update?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-11 02:54:49  
Was just bored and was wondering what would the optimal gear set be to shoot for.

Shamshir +2 would both be STR path, or would the fast cast Scimitar be better in the end if it we're offhanded?

Physical Spells

Replace Alkies and Warwold Belt with Enkidu's mittens and Virtuoso Belt on higher evasion monsters. Would Mavi Scarf beat out Kbeads though?

BLU TP

Haste is capped, granted this set is a pipe dream with certain pieces.

Recasting Uts. Ichi/Ni (Oh ***/Fast Cast)
(Needs some work, was thinking fast cast and haste for oh ***moments. PDT Rings for the hell of it? D:)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-11 03:19:45  
Been working on updating my item sets with such things in mind - this is what I have so far for the above sets.

Also caps haste, but has more in the way of offensive stats in haste slots than your set. Another option is to add Mavi Mintan +2 and swap in whatever Serpentes piece is giving refresh at the time - not a huge concern in Abyssea, but a possibility to keep in mind.

STR/DEX mod spells. Pure STR swaps to Potentia Cape and a second Pyrosoul Ring. QC uses this set:

Adjust for hitrate as needed of course.

I don't know the value of Isador's Fast Cast so I can't really say from a DD perspective. It should be a decent solo/lowman weapon though.

EDIT: Accidentally re-linked STR/DEX set for QC set.