users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » soon to be 90...need gear help
soon to be 90...need gear help
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-09 02:35:05  
I just recently picked RNG up again and took it 55 to 85, and soon to 90. I'm looking for help with my gear sets below. I've got an idea on some lvl75 sets that i had written down prior to all the cap raises. Currently I'm working on Seiryu Kote, BFGs, Siege Bow, Mirke body, and +1ing some things. Not sure if Mirke is still best body, or which augments to get. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and as a personal preference, I'd rather go bow over gun if thats a factor.

TP

WS

Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-09 12:34:55  
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-09 12:50:13  
A few pieces you should definitely look for:
Sylvan chlamys
Sylvan Scarf
Mirke is good for TP (Snapshot)
Moogle kupo d'etat helmet for WS (Str/WSACC + racc/rattk) (this can be replaced by AF3+2 I think)
Pax grip for low-enmity situations
Volley earring
Novia earring
Use the rajas in your TP set, try to get enough Store tp for a 5-hit build
Buccaneer's belt, Crudelis belt for WS
AF3+1/+2 legs
 Shiva.Shinneh
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-12-09 12:55:38  
Err I only got 85RNG recently, but just a few things:

• Rajas Ring good for TP as well as WS

• Those gloves are really bad, I'd suggest Deadeye gloves until Blood Finger Gauntlets/AF3

• Volley Earring instead of Drone earring

• Arewe Ring(+1) instead of Behemoth

• Mirke body with R.attk+10 and Snapshot+5 always good, until AF3(I think?)

• Head and legs are ok until you get AF3+1

• Get Seige Bow (Chukwa is a real joke) or work on some Magian trials for Fire Path bow

• Belt really needs an upgrade... Aim for relic Belt or the one from Einherjar lol

I am sure a career RNG can help more than I did but its a start lol.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-09 13:18:25  
Thanks for the help so far. I'm working on Anwig for MNK ws piece, so thats out. I will definately work on these pieces.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-12-09 23:22:23  
Thoses Earring are free and not bad:
Wilhelm's earring | Altdorf's earring

You may want also:
Seiryu's kote

libeccio mantle good TP pieces.

scout's belt Dynamis Outland.

scout's braccae You lose 2 R.acc but gain -2 enmity, enmity - is always welcome.

or you can start AFv3+1, legs is nice.

Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-16 20:36:07  
Okay, I've updated my gear sets with what I've gotten so far.

TP

WS

I just got Stout Arm atma, and I'm still working on Seiryu Kote, BFG, planning on swapping out Vision Earring for Clearview Earring when I can find one. Still working on getting HQ's of af and relic gear, along with finishing af3 including neck and waist.
 Shiva.Demiomega
サーバ: Shiva
user: Demiomega
By Shiva.Demiomega 2010-12-17 09:40:18  
Aurore Gloves are a better hand option for your ws then relic, while not being the best hands they are easy to get and still pretty nice for ws

Edit: oh and add Impulse Belt to your tp set
[+]
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-12-17 13:15:56  
For ws get an elemental gorget. Breeze and light are what I use.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-17 23:49:21  
Yeah, I've been playing around with Aurore hands for ws's since i have them for MNK as a stepping stone piece at the moment.

Another question, the other night I had a pt in Aby Attowha on crawlers and I noticed higher numbers on Arching Arrow over Sidewinder. Has anyone else noticed this? On almost everything else, I get higher numbers on Side but this one new unless I missed something somewhere.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-26 02:35:12  
Just got sylvan hands +1, would these be full time or one or the other. still working on BFG and seiryu, LS events are on hold til after the holidays.
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-26 02:51:37  
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
Yeah, I've been playing around with Aurore hands for ws's since i have them for MNK as a stepping stone piece at the moment.

Another question, the other night I had a pt in Aby Attowha on crawlers and I noticed higher numbers on Arching Arrow over Sidewinder. Has anyone else noticed this? On almost everything else, I get higher numbers on Side but this one new unless I missed something somewhere.

What atmas
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-26 02:59:03  
at the moment the only one i was using then was Stout Arm. I just got Adamantine and Sand Emperor today, but thats all I have. I don't have many resources, so I camp Port looking for shouts.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-26 04:02:38  
I'd look into using Refulgent arrow when you get some better atmas. Iirc it has higher stat mods than sidewinder AND it gains more damage with higher TP (Instead of just acc+ from sidewinder). with VV+Stout+Sea Daughter you can have 7/tic regain and massive strength. The extra TP from the regain won't go to waste due to refulgent's damage tp mod.

Get yourself a Crudelis belt for WS, it should be very cheap from the AH.

Sylvan Chlamys is 100% drop from the dragon NM in Attohwa, amazing fulltime back piece.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-12-26 04:46:17  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Sylvan Chlamys is 100% drop from the dragon NM in Attohwa, amazing fulltime back piece.

Eew no... Sylvan back is WS only unless you're using it in a Store TP build. Otherwise, Terebellum Mantle is the absolute best option on the back for standard TP shots.

If you stick with Archery full time, I'd also recommend getting your hands on a Hope Torque as it is one of very few pieces in the game that provide straight Archery skill, and will produce greater gains in terms of ranged accuracy and attack than anything else you can put on the neck. Same thing for the Faith Torque if you ever go the Marksmanship route. The Sylvan neck is your next best option if your linkshell no longer participates in Sea events.

For the hands, I know you've already stated it so you're on the right path here... so head back to Sky and pick up Blood Finger Gauntlets for TP, Seiryu's Kotes for WS. Skadi hands for WS if you can find a group to Salvage with.

Definitely pick up a pair of STR+2 earrings to WS in. If you can afford it (or have a group that still does Sea) then pick up a Novia for your TP set as the enmity down is invaluable.

I also noticed you're not complete with ToAU missions, so I'd highly recommend finishing those off and picking up the Jalzhan's Ring. It's just shy of Bellona's, which is the best TP ring in the game.

For the waist slot... Scout's Belt for TP if you can get your hands on it, Impulse Belt if you cant. Crudelis Belt is a great option for WS, and it's likely cheap too.

If you have access to the Crystalline Prophecy expansion, the Mirke body with R.Atk+10 and Snapshot is an epic TP piece, way better than anything else out there currently. You'll keep the Osode for WS's until you get the Sylvan +2 body.

It's obvious, but Hachiryu legs for WS. They're stupidly expensive though, so a great rare/ex alternative are Enkidu's legs from the Dea ZNM.

And it should go without saying... but definitely finish your AF3+1 stuff. All of it. The head and legs are easily the best TP options in the game even when +1, and the feet will be superior WS shoes than anything else out there once they're +2 (***, even then +1 feet are only beaten for WS by one item, Hachiryu feet). And as an Archery user you'll likely full time the hands for both TP and WS.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-26 15:31:29  
Are the hands full-time at +1 or just +2. I was wondering if the loss in STR but gain in AGI made Aurore gloves better for WS at this stage.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-12-27 03:32:10  
If you're using Archery, then you can full time the AF3 gloves as soon as they're +1. The raw skill alone will provide larger benefits than anything Aurore has to offer.

The AF3 gloves are much less valuable when you swap to Marksmanship, however... basically demoted to WS only in that case, and are entirely worthless if you have Skadi hands. Once they're +2, though, they're easily the best WS hands for everything but Coronach.
 Asura.Stryger
サーバ: Asura
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-01-24 18:18:09  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
If you're using Archery, then you can full time the AF3 gloves as soon as they're +1. The raw skill alone will provide larger benefits than anything Aurore has to offer.

The AF3 gloves are much less valuable when you swap to Marksmanship, however... basically demoted to WS only in that case, and are entirely worthless if you have Skadi hands. Once they're +2, though, they're easily the best WS hands for everything but Coronach.
late Bump but i just started lvling my rng again, and wanted to know how AF3 hands stack up against Seiryu and Crimson Gloves
 Asura.Stryger
サーバ: Asura
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-01-24 18:36:29  
Currently what im working with
TP:

WS:
 Phoenix.Hagino
user: hagino