New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Big Big Mistake
Big Big Mistake
 Ragnarok.Rebornsoul
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Rebornsoul 2009-02-19 13:54:53  
Recently I accidently sold my Pluto's staff instead of my dark staff in the AH... It was a gift to me from my good friend Blue... If you know Sinclair could you please tell them for me? I will more then likely have to buy a new one and suck up the accident to my own dismay but thought I would atleast say it was an accident and see if I could resolve it... Thanks for any input
 Shiva.Tigris
サーバ: Shiva
user: Bour
By Shiva.Tigris 2009-02-19 14:13:22  
Most people are reasonable and are okay with returning items sold by error or over-paid for in error (personally someone accidentally spent 600k on a Survival Belt I had put up, and had no issue refunding him the difference, and in telling my LS what happened, the vast majority agreed with my actions). Just hope that he speaks english, dealing with a language barrier with such a matter sucks XD
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-19 14:18:35  
Tigris said:
Just hope that he *ADMITS that he* speaks english, dealing with a language barrier with such a matter sucks XD

Fixed that for you ^^
 Shiva.Tigris
サーバ: Shiva
user: Bour
By Shiva.Tigris 2009-02-19 14:23:30  
Hahaha, very good call
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-19 14:27:02  
It's more as hopefully he will give it back for the 70k they sold it for. He could turn out to be a jerk and say "F*** No! You sold it, your loss!"

So maybe he does turn out to be a good guy.
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-19 14:27:53  
Tigris said:
Most people are reasonable and are okay with returning items sold by error or over-paid for in error (personally someone accidentally spent 600k on a Survival Belt I had put up, and had no issue refunding him the difference, and in telling my LS what happened, the vast majority agreed with my actions). Just hope that he speaks english, dealing with a language barrier with such a matter sucks XD

Im going to assume her staff was signed, thus she lost the signature upon selling it.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-19 14:36:27  
If you really want a signed one, why don't you have your friend make you another one? Everyone *** up on the AH from time to time, I would assume he/she would be understanding.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-19 14:36:51  
That sucks ><

Hope you can get it back or something ; ;
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-19 14:37:38  
Embarrassed she sold it by mistake, and ashamed to ask for a new. Not to mention she may not have the gil to keep trying for the HQ.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-19 14:41:30  
I'm gonna take a guess and say that her friend Blue is Bluehell from her profile. If that's the case, they didn't sign it and just gave it to her as a gift as she said. Sorry to hear you lost your staff. I hope ya get it back. =)
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-19 14:43:28  
Jiko said:
Embarrassed she sold it by mistake, and ashamed to ask for a new. Not to mention she may not have the gil to keep trying for the HQ.

All very true...but if someone is a real friend I would think they'd get over that (the emotional ***, not the gil issue, obviously).

At any rate, hope the OP gets his item back...but don't get your hopes up. People can be horribly selfish when it comes to gilz...

EDIT:

Tbest said:
I'm gonna take a guess and say that her friend Blue is Bluehell from her profile. If that's the case, they didn't sign it and just gave it to her as a gift as she said.

Oh...that sucks ; ;
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-19 15:30:49  
Rebornsoul said:
Recently I accidently sold my Pluto's staff instead of my dark staff in the AH... It was a gift to me from my good friend Blue... If you know Sinclair could you please tell them for me? I will more then likely have to buy a new one and suck up the accident to my own dismay but thought I would atleast say it was an accident and see if I could resolve it... Thanks for any input

I haven't been on in a while, but next time I'm on I'll do a /sea of Sinclair--dunno the person, but I've seen the name somewhere, probably running around Vana'diel XD Hope things go well!
 Carbuncle.Ryuken
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ryuken 2009-02-19 16:00:47  
Not too sure if your going to get that back ._. sin got a harpe for 40k as well so ima guess they try the low bid alot (an they seem to be lucky..), if they refunded the items people accidently sold for low prices they wouldnt keep trying to bid low on people who make mistakes (just a thought =/ ).
 Ragnarok.Rebornsoul
By Ragnarok.Rebornsoul 2009-02-19 21:59:19  
Nah it wasn't signed. Blue spent a month getting it for me for V-day... I already told him not to kill me over the mistake... he is now just trying to help me get enough for another one. ^^ Thanks for all your encouragement, I was saddened by it a lot... I now know to double check before selling a bit better though... so lesson learned atleast!
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-19 23:27:17  
Aww! That's awfully nice of him^^ I'm glad he's not getting bent out of shape over an in-game item, even if it was signed~ = ) Take care!
 Ragnarok.Jammie
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-02-24 08:01:10  
I once made the mistake of paying 400k for something worth 40k. I felt so stupid, but it was really my own fault, cause I was watching TV and talking with someone while I was making my bid.

Thankfully, I was able to contact the seller, and he offered to give the money back. I took back 250k, and let him keep the rest for his honesty.

I hope you get a similar reaction from that Sinclaire.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 08:17:42  
I'd had people overbid on stuff I've sold by a digit (40k instead of 4k) and I usually try and return it. But back in the days before FFXIAH (or at least before I knew of it) I remember I came into a good bit of money from one of those sales, and it was already gone off sales history when I checked ^^