Ranger Update!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger Update!
Ranger Update!
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-06 13:16:03  
Dark Adaman Bullet - DMG 105 lol... and they just released dweomer bullet too. I've been stocking up on dweomer ingots since nobody does campaign anymore, but the mats for these drop from abyssea all the time and they have 15 more based damage O_o.

The body has +12 str, +12 agi, rng acc +20, enhances velocity shot, and enmity -9 iirc. I don't see what else it could be, but I'm hoping for +10% boost to ranged attack and speed. Free berserk up at all times. Not to mention the stats are amazing, and with the set bonus of augments rapid shot, should be pretty much a full time piece.

The hands have str +10, archery +7, store tp +7, enhances bounty shot. I don't use archery personally, but they're still very nice for achieving an easy 4-hit build with a gun.

Also worth mentioning is the reduction in tp gained from mobs based on your agi? Seems like this would be very nice for rng since we have the longest delay weapons out of all the jobs. I saw a snapshot atma too.

Anyway, feel free to respond or post new info, I just really glanced at it and got excited enough to post!
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-06 13:16:44  
The high DMG on the bolts are pretty exciting as well.
 Diabolos.Megatron
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2010-12-06 13:21:16  
i cant waitot find out how the bounty shot works. waht percent it does with a 5 min recast its bound to be simi decent
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-06 13:23:55  
Diabolos.Megatron said:
i cant waitot find out how the bounty shot works. waht percent it does with a 5 min recast its bound to be simi decent

Proccing Appropriate !!'s will probably be better.
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-06 20:48:18  
Even blue !! is not a guarantee... it's just another little something to add into the mix. Plus, RNG currently no true purpose in an Aby pt other than widescan which can be obtained /rng or having a BST. There is one reason RNG is useful but it can easily be avoided by proper planning. Basically, it's a reason to bring a RNG to aby farms.

Edit: magic !! are a fair drop rate as is so ya, I don't see bounty shot being needed really for that.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-07 01:47:11  
The reason RNG is useful is because it puts out the most damage in the shortest period of time over any other dd job period. And, if you're good with decent gear, RNG can easily match/out-damage any other dd in Abyssea. Considering Abyssea is a timed event, I would suggest that you bring RNG for its damage capabilities and not simply because it has widescan. I prefer to kill nms quickly once weakness is proc'd and not drag the fight out longer, but that's just me.

With that said, Bounty Shot doesn't say anything in the log when you use it so I'm not exactly sure what it does yet. I'm guessing maybe it increases the TH tier currently on the mob? Someone can try with a THF main and see if bounty shot forces the TH tier to increase.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-12-07 02:32:32  
yes, dark adaman bullets are a godsend lol

As an Annihilator RNG, I'm not overly impressed with the stats on the body. Sure, it's the new best piece for weapon skills that arent Coronach (Loki's Kaftan still wins for Coronach, but thank god we can finally drop the Osode for everything else) and it's an obvious macro piece for activating Velocity Shot. But I would've drooled a lot more if that was a R.Atk bonus instead of R.Acc. I guess maybe it'll be nice for Barrage... but I dont see myself giving up ACP's Snapshot/R.Atk body for standard TP shots just yet.

As for the AF3 hands... my opinion on them is still up in the air. Right now, the Store TP isnt necessary for an easy 4-hit build on the Anni. As /SAM, replicating my set will get you 25 TP per shot without sacrificing a lot of stat bonuses to do so.

Though I guess the Store TP on the AF3 hands might allow some mix and match on other pieces that may turn out to be more beneficial... maybe you could drop the Mekki and go back to Vulcans, or swap the Sylvan back for the Terebellum, who knows. It'll take a little testing to find out. But for now, AF3 hands seem to remain a weapon skill piece aimed at Archery users. No way an they'd get used for Coronach... Skadi hands still win that battle.
By Echo13 2010-12-07 03:42:01  
RNG updates made me cream myself.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-15 03:40:04  
Just FYI, the enhance velocity shot on the body is in fact a damage boost. I don't think the +1 body enhances the speed though, just the damage. The +2 version might enhance speed as well, can't test atm though.

I only roughly tested it on sand lizards. Damage went up by about 20 from 350 to 370-380ish. I swapped to kirin's osode to match up the STR values closely (osode is 2 higher). Overall really nice body. Definitely a full time piece.

@sovereign, I'm also annihilator ranger. AF3 body clearly beats loki's kaftan for coronach (in fact, osode beats kaftan unless your fstr2 is capped); it's not even close. Sure you lose 11 dex, but you get what seems to be a pretty big attack boost from velocity shot. You need to have the AF3 body equipped to receive the boost. Kaftan was nice for a couple updates, but it's pretty much useless now for RNG. Not sure why you'd still use ACP body either since the AF3 set bonus is a boost to rapid shot. Besides, if you really wanna use it then have it equipped at the beginning of your shot, then swap to af3 body before bullet goes off. But I would guess the AF3 set bonus of enhances rapid shot > snapshot +5. I have 3 +2 pieces atm and the bonus is definitely noticeable The store tp build you have listed above really isn't necessary with 3 atmas. I'm sure it's fantastic for odin, but that's about it. With VV (which you should be using on RNG) you don't need 25 tp per shot. I'd also recommend going /war instead of /sam. Get the atma with 5 tp/tic since the slow+ from the atma doesn't affect RNG (yay us) and pair it with vv and you've got 7/tic. I'd recommend going all out on your damage and use atma to make up for the store tp if you wish. 7/tic is enough imo with just rajas, af3 legs, and af3 back.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-12-17 17:01:29  
Have you confirmed that the AF3 body needs to be equipped full time in order to receive the enhanced Velocity Shot, or can you simply have it equipped when you activate the ability like many other AF pieces?

And in no way could I see AF3 body beating Loki's Kaftan for Coronach. The AF3 body offers you nothing but +1 AGI in terms of Coronach modifiers, and R.Acc is a huge joke to anyone equipped with an Annihilator. The loss of STR is essentially nullified by the R.Att bonus on Loki's (where 2 STR is equal to 1 R.Att, meaning the 12 STR on AF3+2 is equal to the +7 R.Att on Loki's), and you benefit from a substantial DEX boost, which is what you really should be building for with Coronach.

So using Loki's over AF3+2 for Coronach leaves you trading 1 AGI for 11 DEX. A more than fair trade, in my opinion.

As far as the Store TP set I posted above, yeah, you're right... it's not really necessary inside Abyssea where you've got three atmas to carry you around. But Abyssea is not the entire game, and a good Store TP set will become invaluable at many HNMs and most other events. I'd highly recommend looking into it if you ever use RNG outside of Abyssea.

As for the ACP Mirke... When augmented with R.Att and Snapshot, I can see no reason to NOT use this body for standard TP. ESPECIALLY inside Abyssea where R.Acc is a laughable stat for Anni users. The only time it should ever be off during TP would be if you were on a low-hit build that required a Store TP body, or if you REALLY needed the R.Acc for a high level target (but R.Acc is a huge joke on any target when you've got +30 R.Acc on the gun alone).

Oh right... and /WAR? Really? /WAR was great at level 75, at Dark Ixion, and before you had Coronach lol Now, the ability to self-skillchain both Light and Darkness using /SAM is too large an asset to your alliance, as well as the drastically increased frequency at which you can spam low-hate Coronaches and you basically have no reason to sub anything BUT samurai. You'll see higher numbers on individual weapon skills with /WAR, sure... but thanks to the frequency, you'll always parse lower than your /SAM counterpart.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-12-17 20:20:17  
@both the other annihilator Rangers. I also am an annihilator ranger and I feel that I have nothing good to add to the conversation. I mainly am focused on completing the magian trials. Hurray for more dynamis fun.
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2010-12-17 21:10:46  
2 str does not EQUAL 1 r.atk, it GIVES 1 r.atk, there is a difference
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-19 23:47:02  
Atma of the Sea Daughter is insane on RNG with VV. Easy 3-hit with only sylvan back, rajas, and sylvan +2 legs. I was using stout arm + vv + rr, but definitely gonna stick with stout arm + vv + sd now. Was pretty much spamming WS back to back. Conserve tp job trait + breeze belt with coronach was nice as well.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-20 02:46:41  
My comment about RNG not being useful comes from the fact that they're one of the few jobs that cannot be used to proc red !! (unless you count using a dagger but that's just... yea). They are useful for procing blue !! during piercing hours but by simply claiming blunt or slashing hours is an easy way to avoid that. That's what I meant by RNG is not needed in Aby like other jobs. I mean think aout the pairings for piercing hours... THF DRG RNG... other than THF, other jobs are more useful in lowman as well as full alliances. And widescan isn't even really needed anymore since NM repops are terribly short now.

Yes RNG is amazing dmg but other jobs just get more benefits in aby in terms of procing and survivability.

Flame away, but just think about it, MNK WHM WAR BLM RDM BRD THF BLU NIN can always hit blue !!, red !! and yellow !! with proper planning for blue !!. That's 9 jobs and RNG is not one of them for the absolute bare minimum number of jobs for 100% possible proc on all 3 !!.