Quote:
Mavi Bazuband +2 Rare Exclusive
Hands
DEF:26 MND+10
"Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 Enmity-4
Blue magic recast delay -12%
Set: Occasionally augments blue magic
Lv87 BLU

Body looks like a more-powerful version of our Relic body. I'm not complaining since it has Refresh on it though. It's going to be a bit of a toss-up between the Haste, Cast Time, Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy of this between the damage-increasing bonuses of other bodies like our Artifact(+1).

Hands I'm pretty disappointed with. No Haste, which means they're immediately beaten by other hands, and the "Blue Magic recast delay" could have been made up for with Haste to begin with. They're not bad, but I don't think anyone's going to really make them their top priority. Maybe more people will start putting some MND builds together for Magic Hammer. lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-06 13:18:39  
MAcc on the body just seems... meh. Lower recast on debuffs compared to AF+1 is nice I guess, especially Head Butt, but compared to some of the other bodies I feel we could have gotten something a bit stronger. Hands are nice but not omgwtf nice, good nuking/Sanguine Blade hands certainly.
Quote:
Maybe people will start putting some MND builds together for Magic Hammer.
People didn't do that before?
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-12-06 13:24:00  
Something tells me that JP BLUs are just gonna adore the +2 body.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-06 13:26:14  
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Something tells me that JP BLUs are just gonna adore the +2 body.
I lol'd.
[+]
By Rahjan 2010-12-06 13:26:28  
I like most over all. Mnk's set is pretty good. The haste on the hands isn't really necessary but meh. PLD & THF bodies are sexy too!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-06 13:30:09  
The body makes for a good TP piece and head butt piece. I guess I won't have a reason to toss my AF1+1 still though.

I definitely won't be making the hands a priority. If I get them, well awesome. I will be going after other job pieces first.
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-06 13:32:44  
I very much like the cirque body/hands for pup.. however, i am a little worried about the overload threshold outside of abyssea... while in there the +10stats to auto, and any subsequent stat increases due to atma wont matter much because of the bonus the master gets in abyssea.. however even with a extra piece of "decrease in overload" on body, it will be hard to keep stats up close to auto... especially on INT for blm auto nuking
[+]
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-12-06 13:32:46  
Body is ok, hands are a little hard to swallow, SE seems to be stuck in the mindset that we need to nuke nuke nuke. We have more magic attack then STR DEX or other mods BLU's mainly use, a little more of what WE want would be nice. The spells are mainly magic based and now the armor, would be nice if the spells actually were on par with our physical spells in terms of damage to make it a little more enticing to equip.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-12-06 14:33:55  
Mavi Mintan +1 Rare Exclusive
Body
DEF:57 Accuracy+9 Magic Accuracy+9
Haste+2%
Blue magic spellcasting time -6%
Lv89 BLU

For those who won't be able to +2.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-12-06 14:39:47  
I still don't have Mirage Jubbah, so I'm just fine with the +1 body.

I have a bigger *** for Magian weapons though, +10/+12 for the Shamshir +2s I assume?

Quote:
Mavi Earring: HP+20 MP+20 Magic Accuracy+2

No idea what's up with that though.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-06 14:43:18  
I'm torn.. I'll probably only see the +1 for at least a few months, but it doesn't have Refresh on it. 2% haste vs. 1 Refresh for TP'ing... I guess in Abyssea I'll use AF3+1 and outside stick with Jubbah.
 Asura.Dragnorok
サーバ: Asura
user: Dragnorok
By Asura.Dragnorok 2010-12-06 17:37:01  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I'm torn.. I'll probably only see the +1 for at least a few months, but it doesn't have Refresh on it. 2% haste vs. 1 Refresh for TP'ing... I guess in Abyssea I'll use AF3+1 and outside stick with Jubbah.
I agree with that guy, I kinda feel ripped off on the two pieces of gear. I think like a fat woman working out I expected to great of a result from SE...
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-12-06 17:43:04  
I wish they had thrown Refresh on the +1 and put some attack or DA on the +2.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-06 17:43:14  
Asura.Dragnorok said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I agree with that guy, I kinda feel ripped off on the two pieces of gear. I think like a fat woman working out I expected to great of a result from SE...
least your not lolDRK, This doesnt Break how broken BLU dmg is already so im cool with it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-06 17:49:22  
idk I think I still want to tp in morri body cause it looks cooler
 Asura.Dragnorok
サーバ: Asura
user: Dragnorok
By Asura.Dragnorok 2010-12-06 17:51:08  
Just sayin man, I mean it was bad enough SE gave us a fekkin summer dress. I tricked myself into accepting it and then they give us Mirage Jubbuhs fat cousin whos kinda cuter than her....but not because shes white.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-06 18:25:00  
Body: Kind of disappointed they couldn't put Haste and Refresh together on the +1, really. I'll never see Morrigan's, so +2 is as good as it gets for me.

Hands: Hellooooo Sanguine Blade (Huge MAB right there)
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-06 18:38:02  
I think my biggest annoyance here is having "Blue magic recast delay -12%" on a nuking piece. It'd be really useful for a physical zerg, which is what blu seems to have been build for, especially with the spells from the last update, but with MND/MAB, you'd never use them for physical spells.

Don't get me wrong, MAB+10 makes them the best nuking pieces we have even for INT modded spells, and magic hammer will be amazing (if we ever leave abyssea and need MP).

Still pretty pissed about SE shitting all over salvage gear though... Morri cuffs were more or less replaced last update, and I think they've been entirely replaced (for all three jobs) this update.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-10 19:52:25  
Odin.Blazza said:
Still pretty pissed about SE shitting all over salvage gear though...

SE changed gear philosophies.
That's why we now see hats that are indisputably better than Walmart.

It's also why we will continue to see older gear replaced by newer and better gear.

Also, it means I feel better about never caring about Salvage.

Win!