Views On Astral Burning?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 26 27 28
 Siren.Khellendros
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-23 23:40:12  
My mistake as well then, I don't intend to make enemies of someone who has a sense of humor that's not even on my server. It just kinda peeves me at what happened after we put so much effort into setting everything up.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-23 23:42:53  
Wooooodum said:
Stop reading what you want to read
yeah, only read what Wooooodum wants you to read >.>

Edit: Fixed, cause I don't give a ***.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 23:46:01  
Korpg said:
[quote = Wooooodum]Stop reading what you want to read[ /quote]yeah, only read what Wooooodum wants you to read >.>

Fail quote is fail.
 Siren.Anmorata
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-24 00:00:18  
yeah I can see why it would irritate tho. (typing this as my 2 hour cooldown hits -30 mins)

/emo

but I'll keep trying to make it work, I wanna see that 15-20k people were so excited about.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-24 00:01:49  
Whats the best you did? I don't do it, so I need somebody who does to say how much you get every 2 hours.
 Siren.Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-24 00:07:44  
after about 5 attempts and experimenting with how many SMN you need at certain levels.

at level 14

I'd say first attempt we got like one chain 7.

2nd attempt we got a chain 5,

at level 15

3rd attempt we got another SMN and got around 10k maybe less. I was using a EXP band.

at level 17

4th attempt we got 6k + I know because it killed my Emperor band.

at level 19

5th attempt, we pulled more mobs then ever, took about 20 mins to gather them all, and then diaga and we get 1 kill for about 250 exp.

so there you have it, it takes alot of coordination, had alot of problems with mobs not dying and then despawning after they eat avatars.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-24 00:10:01  
Khellendros said:
Ugh. Our group has been working on getting these to work, and just when we had it just to the point we wanted it (a day where Shiva isn't gimped because of elemental sovereignty and looooots of mobs and few people) some douchebag decides to Diaga our entire train it took 20 minutes to gather.

Man I hate people named Achlys <_<

This seems that its a matter of ethics, I mean ppl that are pro AF burn using the argument that its ok because its not a violation of ToS, but alot of ppl still think its unethical. What this guy did is not against ToS eaither, and some ppl think that is unethical.

it all seems fair to me in a way. if you are using the ToS as an argument for what you can and cant so, you shouldnt gripe about when someone else is doing something that is unethical from your point of view if its not a violation of ToS.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-24 00:11:42  
I think at level 15, thats the best you are going to get.

Usually when I solo in the tunnel, and I see an AF going, people get from 15-18 in a flash.
 Siren.Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-24 00:14:55  
Korpg said:
I think at level 15, thats the best you are going to get.

Usually when I solo in the tunnel, and I see an AF going, people get from 15-18 in a flash.

probably, but then again we didn't even pull close to as many as we had for that last pull.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-24 00:18:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Zanno said:
This seems that its a matter of ethics, I mean ppl that are pro AF burn using the argument that its ok because its not a violation of ToS, but alot of ppl still think its unethical. What this guy did is not against ToS eaither, and some ppl think that is unethical.

it all seems fair to me in a way. if you are using the ToS as an argument for what you can and cant so, you shouldnt gripe about when someone else is doing something that is unethical from your point of view if its not a violation of ToS.

QFT
 Siren.Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-24 00:19:36  
to Zanno:

another valid opinion, it is indeed about ethics.

however, sometimes people need to gripe as well :p

Edit: stop eating my stuff! >:O
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-24 00:48:08  
I'm for bed, but I wanted to leave folks with something funny.

Remember kids if it's an A$$troll Burn there's only one burn that matters...

Consider this thread derailed... 16 pages is quite enough to rehash the same QQ...
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-24 02:19:10  
Stop making this forum look like KI and BG<_<
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-24 02:22:56  
Kelvinclein said:

Admit you are not going to win, and the thread dies with this.
 Titan.Rebekah
サーバ: Titan
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-24 07:53:55  
Kelvinclein said:

I am still trying to have a convo with you Kelvin! gwad!
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 07:54:31  
Rebekah said:
gwad!

Lol.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-24 08:41:17  
Haven't you enough of what i said in this thread?
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-24 09:41:27  
hmm no because I said something to what you said and you didn't respond to it, it was not an insult.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 09:42:57  
We should all just stop arguing and agree that blowing stuff up with Aerial Blast is just awesome.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-24 09:43:16  
sorry must have missed it.
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-24 09:45:02  
You are correct Enternius!
Kelvinclein said:
sorry must have missed it.

Look back i even posted it a second time for you to see.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-24 09:51:56  
Rebekah said:
I see it this way, if you wanna b*tch about one easy way to get xp then you should b*tch about the other ways.

Rebekah said:
But please can we step into their shoes for a second. Now people use to b*tch about how hard it was to get to 75, or when they needed to take a break because of rl they would fall behind. It seems to me that SE gave us a "Way out" of that, but now we still have people that b*tch. So it is like a Damned if I do and Damned if I don't... Then when we want something to happen they won't do it... Why? Because there is no way to make everyone happy.

Maybe I am wrong.

That is what I said on one of my past posts. I believe it to be true, there is no way to make everyone happy.

This was the comment?

Well honestly, there are plenty way of exp, if you dont' have time to play a mmorpg like ffxi, like i already said a few times now, go play an mmorpg like WoW or PSU, that it's easy to level up.
And again, Ppl lost their way on the way to 75, i remember being a lvl 60 forever back in the day, not complaining too much about exping because i knew ffxi was hard, but maybe that's just me. Getting the first lvl75 isn't gonna make your game better.

Level Sync is already a great addition to FFXI's exp system, and there are plenty way of exp and level up in FFXI, you don't need this.
I'm sure there's a way to use this in a good way, but this whole Trick, can be abused, and this is bad.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 09:53:15  
*wiki's Aerial Blast*

Putting it that way, how can anyone have problems with this? I mean come on, killing 40 mobs in a couple minutes is just too awesome to be bad!

(That was meant very light-heartedly, let this thread die already <_<)
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-24 09:56:05  
Blazza i don't want to write the same things over and over, i explained like 4-5 times.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 10:11:50  
Kelvinclein said:
Blazza i don't want to write the same things over and over, i explained like 4-5 times.

Blazza said:
(That was meant very light-heartedly, let this thread die already <_<)
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 10:13:10  
-Follows Blazza around, replies promptly-
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 10:14:57  
Okay your avatar kinda reminds me of Michael Jackson, so that scares me.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 10:16:04  
I have that effect on people? Or something.
You trying to imply that you're a 12-year old boy? o.o
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-24 10:19:28  
From all the things made, it looks like a loooooooooooooooooooong and boring process. To do this all day long and get 75 in a few days I'd be bored out my mind.... I'm sure there are better things to do than AF to 75 fast. Maybe get a few merits if you already 75 and then go back to doing whatever that is fun.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-24 10:22:39  
Then stop posting, Kelvinclein. :P

For those of you going on and on about things being ethical and not ethical...
People say xp'ing with AB is not ethical. Ok, that's your opinion. I have nothing wrong with you thinking that.
But wait...
People also think that someone casting Diaga on another person's train when they're trying to AB is ethical? O.oa
How does that make sense?
AB'ing is fast xp (Or semi-decent in most cases. As far as I know the 20-30k per burn is rare.) that does not directly affect anyone but those in the party doing it.
Casting Diaga on another person's train however is both malicious in its intent and directly affects and inconveniences those trying to AB or farm. All of those that support casting Diaga on someone else's train are going to spout the "yellow is fair game" excuse. Sure, yellow is 'fair game' in the sense that no one has direct claim to a mob whose name is yellow. Everyone with an ounce of dignity will agree that doing something to lower the quality of someone else's experience within the game is unethical and immoral.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 26 27 28