Views On Astral Burning?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 26 27 28
 Hades.Arkhelshar
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Arkhelshar 2009-02-20 09:24:27  
You do not even take the time to read and understand what other post, so obviously, I don't do it for you. I do it to gives hopes to others that not everyone on FFXI is so close-minded and self-centered.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-20 09:24:41  
That's why it's called sarcasm.
 Titan.Rebekah
サーバ: Titan
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-20 09:26:51  
Arthur said:
Rebekah said:
Kelvinclein said:
Kindle you may not have skilled summoning magic skill but I'm pretty sure your spamming skill is capped.

It is the same as the next person that goes to a party as a smn and main heals. what smn skill up do you get from a cure III?

There is Carby and Garuda cure... *That you can't use as often as cure III...*
But they are parting just like me for xp... Your still talking about Smn magic skill.

oh mine is about 312... >.> Does that mean I can't do AB parties? Cuz then that would make me a crappy player?

That SMN main healing thing is old. There are alot more healing jobs now. I havn't seen that happen in I dont know how long. And if you get asked to main heal on SMN, simply say no.Heck, even if you do get invited to main heal its not hard to get some SMN magic skills. Its not hard to lvl in this game anymore expecially on SMN. Theres campaign battle, pt with an healer, campaign op/enm/exp scrolls/doing COP, besieged, solo, exp rings. In all these ways you actually do play the job and learn how to(Astral Burn doesn't). I remember when Astral Burn actually ment a PT of all smns exping on sky pots, king ranparre skeletons ,bombs ect. I myself got 75SMN long time ago and never really had to main heal, only problem was that I did have to do spirit summoning for skill up.

I don't see how kelvin is jealous either, he says he doesn't like it thats it. You asked for views no?

I know how to play my job, but if i wanna get in a few merits my way then no one should have a hard time with me just doing a AB party or two. For us Vet Smns and people that just want to get xp on Sub jobs that are clearly jobs they don't want to play as main jobs... I mean what is so bad about that. I am not saying go out and do this on your main job. No my dear that is not how you should do things. If you do wanna be gimp tho that is your God given right as a human lol.

I say this right now. If you are leveling a main job ABs are not for you, you should keep up with your skill-ups, but if it is just for a few merits here and there or a subjob, then you should do whatever it takes to get what you need.

AB parties are not cheating, they are not against any rule, If you would like to make them agaist the rules www.playonline.com and Email special forces.

But please can we step into their shoes for a second. Now people use to b*tch about how hard it was to get to 75, or when they needed to take a break because of rl they would fall behind. It seems to me that SE gave us a "Way out" of that, but now we still have people that b*tch. So it is like a Damned if I do and Damned if I don't... Then when we want something to happen they won't do it... Why? Because there is no way to make everyone happy.

Maybe I am wrong.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-20 09:28:30  
Eh AFBurn might be right if ppl wouldn't abuse of it, which is impossible.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-20 09:29:52  
why not try it and go get merits off it? I don't see an issue for jobs that hardly get into merit pt's to do this.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-20 09:31:34  
Kelvinclein said:
Im happy it makes you lol, not what i know this im sure ill sleep better tonite.

Glad I could help you sleep better. Maybe you'll be less cranky now...
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-20 09:33:59  
I told you before, i don't need exp nor merits, and anyway using that it's wrong to me. It's SE's fault that Summoner can't play "avatar war" in party. Still we have SMNs in game since before this so i don't see why saying you need this to exp it lol.
SE should just fix this and make SMN useful in exp parties too.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-20 09:34:36  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Kelvinclein said:
Im happy it makes you lol, not what i know this im sure ill sleep better tonite.

Glad I could help you sleep better. Maybe you'll be less cranky now...

Sorry anyway i noticed i've been a bit acid to you.
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-20 09:37:16  
Kelvinclein said:
Eh AFBurn might be right if ppl wouldn't abuse of it, which is impossible.

Ok now, for the people like myself, why would anyone want to take that right away from us? Your not only punishing the people that "Abuse it" but you are also punishing the people that have played the job for years, just want to get a few merits out of it or xp sub jobs they will never want to make a main.

Hell I would love to do this with my Sch... will I ever play sch Full time? No lol. But I don't wanna sit in the dunes for hrs on end and once getting a party, take 1 week to level to 20. No point in that. I don't wanna know how to play the job, i just wanna be smn/sch lol.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-20 09:44:15  
The game already got enough easy imho, there are already lots of ways for people to exp. I'm not against SMN, and not jealous they getting exp i could leech off them not even using 2 hr. I just think this is not fair to everyone who played till now, and that this will really break the game in which we will see ppl leveling jobs to 75 without even playing it, and of course lotwhoring stuff for those jobs, and be considered like everyone else. This is gonna be bad and bad the longer they take to fix it..
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-20 09:46:20  
Rebekah said:
Your not only punishing the people that "Abuse it" but you are also punishing the people that have played the job for years, just want to get a few merits out of it or xp sub jobs they will never want to make a main.

Exactly. I mean, we all know what a *** grind FFXI is in pretty much every aspect, short of buying their character, I'm not going to begrudge anyone for taking a short cut of sorts on the road to 75 and beyond. I mean, look at what people had to go through to level pre-Aht Urhgan? And now with level sync, it's REALLY easy for people to exp, level 54 TP burn parties all the way to 75...kinda the same thing, isn't it? What's next, level sync is bad too?
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-20 09:55:28  
Kelvinclein said:
The game already got enough easy imho, there are already lots of ways for people to exp. I'm not against SMN, and not jealous they getting exp i could leech off them not even using 2 hr. I just think this is not fair to everyone who played till now, and that this will really break the game in which we will see ppl leveling jobs to 75 without even playing it, and of course lotwhoring stuff for those jobs, and be considered like everyone else. This is gonna be bad and bad the longer they take to fix it..

I can say as a Vet SMN I see no problem with someone gimping their smn job to 75... If you wanna suck and lootwhore your ls, go right ahead... All I have to say is, thank god I am not in that ls... I have seen people get gear on their level 30 smn over my level 75 smn, not that I didn't deserve it but by the standards of the ls, they went to more events then I did so they deserve it more then I did. The AB parties won't stop this, your Endgame leader will.

B4 this, I knew a guy that leveled his main job whm in 3 weeks, as I watched i was level 50 whm for 2 years. TBH It did make me jelis lol but he quit a month later. lol this was b4 the level sync. lol
 Bahamut.Atrithk
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-02-20 11:20:20  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
What's next, level sync is bad too?

Enjoy your colibri parties with DDs who can never land a hit because their main combat skill is below 60.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-20 11:26:02  
Atrithk said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Enjoy your colibri parties with DDs who can never land a hit because their main combat skill is below 60.

People that don't work on their combat skills to keep them reasonably leveled are kinda shitty players, it's not a reflection on Level Sync being bad...
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-20 11:34:51  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Atrithk said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

People that don't work on their combat skills to keep them reasonably leveled are kinda shitty players, it's not a reflection on Level Sync being bad...

Agreed, i think if you notice a player is missing dramatically on a mob then i would replace them, always a dd looking to pt.

AF burn and level sync are similar, the player will be gimped in skill levels and have to work harder to skill up. But one thing that helps in this is, that now you can merit faster with this. It can be 4 level 75 smns, a pld 75 or 16, and another player 75 or 16, just 1 player needs to be 16. so you have to change the combination around to see that it can help smns get merits, a sub job u need to 37, or just to quickly get out of dunes. Theres lots of reasons that help and some that dont.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-02-20 11:49:12  
/throws a drama bone for Korpg, Woooooodum, Alyria, and any other Emo person to fight over.

I love this thread watching people bicker and fight over crap, trash each others Avatars, call each other dumbass and smartass is great. Its not even a "My p##is is bigger than yours!" fight its a "My brain is much more clever, smart, witty, blah blah!"

Character definitions:
Wooooooooodum: A person frustrated at the world, so she/he/it scours FFXIAH forums to vent rage using a prepubescent like Avatar name.

XxnumbertwoXX: Cool avatar, nothing much else to say.

Korpg: Loves to trash on "That ugly Avatar Guy" any chance he can, and found a new nemesis in Woooodumajig on this forum. Will soon set the record for most posts and win the "I love to belittle people the most award"

Malekith: Nemesis of Korpg, and that Ugly Avatar Guy... enough said.

Alyria: She just loves Barney to much.

Kelvinclein: Winner for most posts on this thread and a name/avatar that makes you want to punch the screen (quote: Woooooodumb).

Me: About to get flamed for this post, called many colorful names, and leaving to play basketball and check this post after lunch.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-20 11:58:52  
I think someone needs a hug :)
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-20 12:01:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. In some senses I think it's great someone found a way to get easy exp but it's pretty fishy when someone is able to gain exp on untold levels and not lift a finger. That in of itself isn't right. Not to mention the result is someone who gained a massive handful of levels, if not all the way to 75 without even knowing what their job's purpose is, how to equip it, how to play it, and carrying over virtually zero skill.

However, I do see this as a nifty alternative to merit parties, for those who already took the time, effort, patience and gil to go through the ropes to actually learn and play their job to 75 and simply just wanna get the whole capped merits/exp thing over and done with. As you've heard a billion times from comic book superhero movies: "With great power, comes great responsibility."

If someone takes responsibility and are willingly accountable for their actions and do what they're supposed to then more power to them. Those who see this only as a form of immediate gratification to be "uber leet" and refuse to take liability for what they did and what they have now, then obviously these people (in my opinion) are unworthy of any praise or future gear from the endgame scene until they get their head out of their ***. Long story short: something that is wonderful for everyone can quickly be frowned upon when one or even a small group abuses it's purpose and uses it for selfish exploitation. It only takes one *** to ruin everyone's fun and cause a Q_Q fest.

Really long story put even shorter: Subjobs good! Merits good! Exp to 75 bad!
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-20 12:07:30  
Let's get something straight, I have no nemesis. That would imply acknowledging the existince of someone which I don't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Arthur
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Arthur 2009-02-20 12:17:24  
Rebekah said:
AB parties are not cheating, they are not against any rule, If you would like to make them agaist the rules www.playonline.com and Email special forces.

But please can we step into their shoes for a second. Now people use to b*tch about how hard it was to get to 75, or when they needed to take a break because of rl they would fall behind. It seems to me that SE gave us a "Way out" of that, but now we still have people that b*tch. So it is like a Damned if I do and Damned if I don't... Then when we want something to happen they won't do it... Why? Because there is no way to make everyone happy.

Maybe I am wrong.

You seem pretty correct to me^^. Only thing is as I said before, if people didn't do it from 1-75 it would be a nice other menthod for smns to get exp. I believe you should learn to play the job for your own sake and others, it is a game after all.
You too Etheral I agree 100%.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-20 12:28:40  
Ethereal said:
If someone takes responsibility and are willingly accountable for their actions and do what they're supposed to then more power to them. Those who see this only as a form of immediate gratification to be "uber leet" and refuse to take liability for what they did and what they have now, then obviously these people (in my opinion) are unworthy of any praise or future gear from the endgame scene until they get their head out of their ***.

Agreed. Like you said, people that do this are going to fall into two categories...the ones that have half a brain and are going to use this as a stepping stone on the road to perfecting whatever job, and the ones that just want another 75 to show off. I would think that it's pretty easy for most halfway decent players to see what type a person is. If someone's got a 75 and tries to join a standard party with the combat skills of a level 18, then that person is someone to be laughed at and /kicked from the party. Because of that, I think that the community as a whole will police itself efficiently enough in regards to that.

But if they're of the first type, and can perform well in a given job having skyrocketed all the way to 75, then my hat's off to them. So what if they took a shortcut through the levels? If they're playing their job well, then why does it matter how long it took them? Vilifying people for doing this just reeks to me of the "I used to walk uphill to school both ways in 3 feet of snow so you suck" old fogey ***. Everything gets easier as time goes on; look at what a pain in the *** finding PUGs used to be post-37, pre-level sync...or (so I'm told, wasn't around then) what leveling in the higher levels pre-ToAU was like.

With regards to endgame gear, well, we all know there are people out there that don't really deserve it, but in FFXI, gil speaks louder then merit for a lot of people. I applaud someone with the morals to make someone prove themselves before they get whatever uber piece of gear, but there's plenty of people that could care less as long as the price is right, and that's never gonna change.
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-20 12:45:04  
Arthur said:
Rebekah said:

Maybe I am wrong.

You seem pretty correct to me^^. Only thing is as I said before, if people didn't do it from 1-75 it would be a nice other menthod for smns to get exp. I believe you should learn to play the job for your own sake and others, it is a game after all.
You too Etheral I agree 100%.

I have been not so lucky with getting a smn party so I use the solo method fulltime ;_;! LOL altho i have heard of AF parties that have gone wrong XD
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-20 13:23:50  
-.- I hate when I don't copy everything I've written and it scraps it all when I hit submit...

Anyway... Let's see if I can recall all that I wrote...

11 pages already!? You guys have been busy while I've been gone!

Looks like we have come to the realization that AB'ing is NOT a bad thing. Or at least those of us that are capable of cognitive thought. :P

Now then... What was the rest I was going on about...? O.oa

Was something along the lines of.... The only bad thing that could come of this is the very small percentage of people that will use this as a means to get a job to 75 with lvl 20 skills. But... Like I said, that will be a very small percentage. The vast majority that would use this would only use it for either leveling subs that you won't need skills for, or a boost in xp when they don't have time to seek for hours and then party for hours as well. The majority will go out and skill up after an AB just like they do after a Level Sync party.

Another benefit to this, as others have said, is that Summoners can now get a decent amount of xp and merits rather easily. Ask yourself and answer honestly here. Have you ever seen a Summoner performing well in a merit party with either healing or DD'ing? Would you rather have a Summoner or a Red Mage in a merit party? And have you ever invited a Summoner to a merit party on the grounds that they would be DD'ing and not using their skills for healing/buffing?

Sure, RMT will take advantage of this like anything else they find that is beneficial. Saying that you shouldn't do something b/c an RMT does it is NOT a winning argument. RMT used to farm weapons/blood/etc. And as far as I know, some of them still farm tree cuttings, which many regular players do as well. Did we / Do we have people going around crucifying regular players that did / do this method to get gil? I sure hope not.

Ummm.... O.oa... I think that's all I have for now... O.oa
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-20 13:29:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Tbest said:
Looks like we have come to the realization that AB'ing is NOT a bad thing. Or at least those of us that are capable of cognitive thought. :P

This is subjective to the user. The act in of itself is not bad but the motive and intention behind is what determines whether or not it's good or bad. Not the best example but: cars make life easier and provide an overall beneficial effect to those who use them, however, in the hands of a homicidal maniac, it becomes a two ton hunk of metal used to slaughter innocent people. I'm sure you catch my drift ^^;
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-20 13:35:26  
lol... Nice analogy! But.. Ummm... I don't think it really applies here. :P
I'm pretty sure getting someone a bit of xp with AB'ing isn't going to slaughter anyone.

Yeah, I do see the point you were trying to make and that you were infering that people will use this to get a job from 1-75 quickly so they can lot gear that others would like to have... But, like I said... Those numbers are going to be in the minority as far as I can see. You don't see people shouting in Whitegate for Summoners to go AB them fast xp so they can zerg to 75. Or at least I don't... Might be different on Shiva. O.oa
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-20 13:40:17  
I have leveled my rdm on my own... I have leveled it from 1-75 in regular parties and I have merited it to full in regular merit parties...

My boyfriend's rdm is 37 and might as well stay there because he uses my RDM in fact he beat rdm maat on his first try and yet he has not leveled the job to 75. He can play rdm 10xs better then some rdms that have leveled the job in normal parties and yet like i said, has not leveled the job. He also Kited biast on rdm w/o fast pants.

My point is, it does not matter how a person levels, if they are good at the game then everything should fall into play.

Not saying that it is the best reason to abuse AF because I agree w/ some people, other do abuse it... Like Minidragon on Bismark b4 he got hacked, he would stay being in a AF party... He abused it big time once he found out about it.

Edit saw a mistake lol
 Shiva.Phioness
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-02-20 14:00:17  
Hey I came back and got a hug (or at least an offer i think =^.~=) and my buddy Tbest is on /throws him a doggy biscuit. Had some great grub, shot some hoops, but now i need some coffee.

Well it took Rebekah and a fantasticly brutal analogy (I love Gore) to get through to Tbest.
Next time I throw him a bone I'll make sure to cover it in blood 1st.

That name Tbest just sounds like a good ol' dogs name, I can't help it but say "Good boy!" lol

Remember Tbest was good dog (sniffle) before he got bit that there damn rabbid bat while doing an AF Burn in Kuftal Tunnel. Poor ol' pooch.

Hehe time to go get me some coffee.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-20 14:21:11  
Phioness, welcome back! How've you been?

Phioness said:
Wooooooooodum: A person frustrated at the world, so she/he/it scours FFXIAH forums to vent rage using a prepubescent like Avatar name.

It's just, like... A perfect description o.O Spooky!
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2009-02-20 14:44:57  
Ugh, I come back & this thread jumped from page 3 to 11 with so much QQ in it I didn't bother reading it all. If AF burn was such a critical issue, I'm sure SE has heard about it & they would of had an emergency maintenance a long time ago. If they wait until march to gimp it then I don't think they will take any serious action or think people using it is such a big deal.
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-20 14:52:02  
lol I didn't know that having a Debate was QQing thanks for clearing that up for me ^.~
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 26 27 28