users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blue magic merits
Blue magic merits
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-05 03:56:55  
So I've been 8ele 8enfeeb for a long time but looking to level blu now, how important are blu magic merits?
 Unicorn.Crysten
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2010-12-05 04:55:26  
If you're looking to maximize you BLU then yes, merits are essential. I forget the specifics exactly, but merits help you in a number of areas:

- Blue magic skill affects a number of buffs now as of last update.
- Higher blue magic skill puts you in higher damage tiers, I believe full merits, AF1 body, Mavi Tayt +1 and Mavi Tathlum is a good combination for skill at the moment.
- I also believe it gives you "attack" on physical spells too.

I'm sure someone like Nightfyre can go into the specifics, I'm going off the top of my head right now.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-05 08:28:25  
Blue magic merits are kind of like H2H merits for MNK/PUP. They'll add damage to your physical spells, both through contributing to your spells' attack function (valuable given how low said attack is) and by adding base damage through skill tiers. Magical spells, debuffs, and additional effects on the other hand only gain macc from merits. I'd consider them pretty important, and given how unresistant everything is these days I had no problem sticking to 4 ele 4 enfeeb for my RDM and keeping my blue magic merits intact.